Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I've just confirmed a rumor that's been floating about seems to be true. Our friend and longtime community member, Arrowqueen, died a few weeks ago. She'd been unwell for a while, I knew -- and I didn't know her nearly as well as some of us, nor for as long -- but it sounds as if the end came rather suddenly for everyone who did know her well.

I'm posting this here, because Irene frequented this room quite a bit, when she was on AW. You can find some of her books, here, under "Kate Benedict."

I wish I had something more articulate, profound, or elegant to say. She will be missed. She is one of ours.

Full stop.

Last edited:

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I've spent hours with her in the AW chatroom. I had wondered as of late where she'd been. I'm deeply saddened by her passing. She was such a joy to talk with. I'll miss her greatly.

ETA: I am usually articulate but words fail me. Arrowqueen was a great source of inspiration for me. She often encouraged me and others to keep trying, to keep writing and not to worry so much.
In the last year she lost a sister to cancer as well and in spite of her grief she did her best to be there for us. I wish we could have been there for her.

We love you AQ and we'll be reunited one day.

Last edited:

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:cry:

I miss our Sarky Besom. I spent so many Friday nights with her. Always her chat time--she made us a date. The only time she drank, I think, too. Vodka and Coke. After a while I'd ask her if she could type a straight line.

Always great at drawing out the best in everyone. But never shied away from a good and feisty conversation. My Fridays will never be the same. She was one of the first friends I made here, too.

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
This is awful news. Arrowqueen was a classy lady. I can't believe she's gone.

I'll miss your amazing sense of humor, AQ

In your honor,
I've topped you up
and lit your fag so you may properly bark at the moon.
Rest In Peace.

Last edited:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Oh, no! What a sweet lady... and wonderful person. So sorry to hear she's passed. A candle will be lighted this evening, even though lighting her way is overdue. She'll see it from afar and know we're thinking of her.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know her, but I'm nonetheless saddened by the news.

Arrowqueen-At Rest

I just checked her member thingy. This is particularly difficult to read in light of the news.

Date of Birth:
November 21

Biography:
Born. Still not dead yet.

Sex:
Female

Interests:
Reading, archery, chatting round the world.

Writer.

Last edited:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I'm pretty shaken up about this. My son always carries with him a coin she sent him when she heard he was in Iraq. I only knew her online, but I thought of her as a friend, and that she took the time to send something to my son to help him keep his spirits up -even when she was going through so much herself, well, that made her even more dear. My prayers go out to her family.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Arrowqueen was a delight. I'm very sad to hear she's gone and we should tag something here a 'sarky bessom' to remember her by.

And this is a reminder to us all that, although most of us will never meet in person, we are friends - friends in fact, if not in proximity. We know more about each other than many people who know our 'real' names and faces.

As such, let someone in your physical circle know, should something happen to you, that your friends here would want to know, to send up prayers, laments and remembrances.

RIP, Arrowqueen. Very much 'P'.

x

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:cry: So many times she made me laugh when I didn't think I had one laugh left inside.