PDA

View Full Version : We Wuz Robbed!

Oberon
03-24-2008, 05:58 AM
In broad daylight, when we were at home. I had fallen asleep reading Vonnegut in the living room, My wife Joan was reading Laurie King in the guest room. She is suddenly screaming to wake the neighborhood, "Who are you? What are you doing in my house! Who are you?" I woke in time to see a young guy fleeing across the patio toward the back gate. I ran out in front to catch him, but he was gone. He got the combination to the lock somehow. He also got Joan's $200 watch and her only gold chain. He dropped her old jewelry box as he fled. It was only costume jewelry, but the watch and chain were essential and favorite. Such nerve! We have changed the combination, now we have to notify the Edison guy, the pool guy, the gardener, the painter, probably the fire department. Too many people, too many potential leaks. Mainly I'm just pissed. Some Easter egg hunt.

Sorry, just had to vent, and naturally I thought of all you folks to whom to vent.

Regards

bluntforcetrauma
03-24-2008, 06:00 AM
Yet another breach of a peaceful Easter. What's wrong with people?

Susie
03-24-2008, 06:11 AM
I'm so sorry, Oberon, that really bites, especially on Easter. So glad you guys were unharmed. Hope the police catch him and Joan gets her jewelry back.

SpookyWriter
03-24-2008, 06:12 AM
Ditto what BFT and Susie said. Hope the freak gets his numbers caught in a tight vice.

writerterri
03-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Yea, I got screwed with the lights on as well.

I'm so glad he didn't try to harm you two.

bluntforcetrauma
03-24-2008, 06:26 AM
[quote=writerterri;2187904]Yea, I got screwed with the lights on as well./quote]

:roll:

Angie
03-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Yea, I got screwed with the lights on as well.

And didn't even get dinner!

Oberon, I hope they catch the creep.

DWSTXS
03-24-2008, 10:48 PM
You need a big (huge) mean-as doggie, named 'conflict resolution'

sorry to hear about the bad stuff though.

joyce
03-25-2008, 12:06 AM
Sorry to hear about his. I never can believe the nerve some people have to come in and rob someone in broad daylight.

Yeshanu
03-25-2008, 05:14 AM
That really sucks, Oberon.

You need a big (huge) mean-as doggie, named 'conflict resolution'

This reminds me of a joke. Hope it helps you smile a bit:

A burglar broke into a home and was looking around. He heard a soft voice say, "Jesus is watching you". Thinking it was just his imagination, he continued his search.

Again the voice said "Jesus is watching you". He turned his flashlight around and saw a parrot in a cage.

He asked the parrot if he was the one talking and the parrot said, "Yes."

He asked the parrot what his name was and the parrot said, "Moses."

The burglar asked, "What kind of people would name a parrot Moses?"

The parrot said, "The same kind of people who would name their pit bull Jesus".