describing non-linear stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuthorGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marcvunkannon.com
I've been having a real problem with my latest novel, specifically when trying to create a query letter for it. The story is most unusual: most of what is achieved is brought about because of the hero's presence but through the little acts of minor players, not by any particular action of his. The romance comes in two parts, the ghost of the dead first love haunting him, then passing the torch to the second during a period of possession. When I try to describe it the logic tree branches so quickly it feels like I need to write a second novel to do it.

The one-sentence description that fits best is: [FONT=&quot]The Moon is haunted, but the werewolves don’t know that.[/FONT]

Any ideas how to synopsize this monster?

jclarkdawe

Feeling lucky, Query?
Registered
Reaction score
Regardless of how your book is set up, your query letter needs to be in chronological order. Otherwise it will not make sense. Unfortunately in queries, you have to come up with a simple, direct message.

When you get to the point where you feel comfortable, come over to query letter hell, where with hugs and kisses and love, we'll thoroughly tell you everything you've done wrong. And the hugs, kisses, and love will feel like a leach sucking the blood out of you.

Best of luck,

Jim Clark-Dawe

jclarkdawe

Feeling lucky, Query?
Registered
Reaction score
Follow this link at your own peril:
forum_new.gif
clear.gif
Query Letter Critique (Take Two)

Best of luck,

Jim Clark-Dawe