PDA

View Full Version : Beauty and the Beast (TV Series)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-23-2008, 04:38 AM
Okay... I confess: I got hooked on 'Beauty and the Beast' with Ron Perleman and Linda Hamilton close to the end of the second season - and it ended in the middle of the third.

Just a couple weeks ago, while poking around on Amazon.com, I discovered the entire series was available on DVD... and in a fit of self-indulgence, I bought it. I'm half-way through the second DVD of the first season.

What can I say? There's nothing I like better than a good love story about forbidden/impossible/unrequited love.

If there are other fans out there, the DVDs are well done - and they're available through Netflix, too.

Evaine
03-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Embarrassing confession - I belonged to a Beauty and the Beast fan club in the 80s.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Goodness, don't be embarrassed around this joint! Lots of folks have much more embarrassing confessions than being in a BatB fan club! There are still several on the 'net - yeah, I visited them. :D

ChaosTitan
03-23-2008, 06:43 PM
I only vaguely recall watching this show when it was on. I know I loved it. The great thing about DVD is that so many series I used to love are becomming available again (Swamp Thing, for example). B&B is on my list of series to seek out. Although buying season one for my sister as a belated Birthday present is a great way to avoid "me-buying" and be able to borrow them later. :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Swamp Thing, 1st Season available online... enjoy. ;) (http://www.hulu.com/swamp-thing)

ChaosTitan
03-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Dang!

I already bought it. :(

Now if someone out there in Hollyweird would resurrect a forgotten show called "The Hundred Lives of Black Jack Savage," I'd be a happy Titan.

Maryn
03-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Be aware, Beauty fans, that the screenwriters include George R.R. Martin, author of what many readers consider the best fantasy series going, A Song of Ice and Fire. If you like the series, maybe you'd enjoy A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, and A Feast for Crows. They're massive and will keep you busy for a while, too.

Maryn, not a fantasy fan--but owns these hardbound