PDA

View Full Version : Sliders

maxmordon
03-23-2008, 12:36 AM
I just saw the pilot on Youtube and got hooked on this interesting series with a new fresh vision of Sci-Fi

Any fans here who want to give warns and recommendations to a newbie?

Izunya
03-23-2008, 12:54 AM
In my opinion, it deteriorated once they started changing the cast. But then, I was never a real fan, just someone who tuned in once in a while. I think the consensus is that by the end of the show, it had well and truly jumped the shark.

Still, enjoy the good bits.

Izunya

caromora
03-23-2008, 08:21 AM
I really liked the first season when the characters were focused on trying to get home. After that, it kind of got...not so good. You can watch the whole first season at hulu.com for free (legally) and in good quality, if you're interested.

ChaosTitan
03-23-2008, 06:47 PM
I was always a casual watcher, but I enjoyed the episodes I caught. I've always been a fan of alternate history/parallel dimension stories.

And I think several seasons are available on DVD.

Stormhawk
03-24-2008, 04:41 PM
In my opinion, it deteriorated once they started changing the cast. But then, I was never a real fan, just someone who tuned in once in a while. I think the consensus is that by the end of the show, it had well and truly jumped the shark.

Still, enjoy the good bits.

Izunya

I agree with this. The first season (or maybe two) were great, but once Character X...went away and then Character Y...also went away, and they brought in Characters B&C it went to %&$*.

cethklein
03-24-2008, 10:59 PM
I remember liking it when I was younger. Wasn't a huge fan but it seemed good. I'd buy it on DVD but have you seen the DVD packaging? It looks VERY cheap and I'm afraid the discs will be scratched.

AdamH
03-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Good, fun, and creative series. But, like every said here, after the first two seasons, they start trying too hard and it loses it's magic. Definitely worth a watch.

billy81
04-03-2008, 04:35 AM
I bought the 4th season dvd last week.

sheadakota
04-03-2008, 04:49 AM
I agree with the majority- this lost its focus after the first two seasons- but those first two totally rocked-