The Way of the Sword...and the pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star

So cool I am
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Writers,

Waiting IS the hardest part in all phases of writing and submitting. Well, I've been procrastinating, twiddling my thumbs, griping and grumbling until I hear from my agent: Yea or nay on my second book's proposal.

In the meantime, I've been reading a novel titled, "THe Way of the Sword" and one line struck me, so I had to post it here. The protagonist is observing a painter struggle with a very simple composition depicting flowing water. The protagonist says that the painter sees the water as the enemy, and that he must become one with it in order to succeed.

BOOM, what a revelation! I can't tell you how many times I struggle with a piece because I'm in battle mode instead of at peace. I make it hard for myself, search for the witty phrase instead of writing the darn piece. For example, I decided to work on short personal essays to avoid obsessing over my proposal's fate. Can't seem to get anything solid down. I see the essay as an enemy. In short, time to make friends with my pen. :)

I hope this makes sense. When I have a Eureka!! moment, I rush to write it down. :Shrug:

Star

So cool I am
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, let me know how it works out!

I am at peace.
I am at peace.
Ohm...:Sun:

Star

So cool I am
Registered
Reaction score
Okay Jimmy,

I guess I wasn't clear - as usual.

I'm saying that I tend to HATE writing because I put enormous pressure on myself. I see it as my enemy because the act causes me so much anxiety. If I can become one with my essay, I will approach it with a calm spirit, and perhaps create something great...

Aww forget it. I thought this would make sense. I guess it didn't. Wish me luck on the essay though. :)

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
Okay Jimmy,

I guess I wasn't clear - as usual.

I'm saying that I tend to HATE writing because I put enormous pressure on myself. I see it as my enemy because the act causes me so much anxiety. If I can become one with my essay, I will approach it with a calm spirit, and perhaps create something great...

Aww forget it. I thought this would make sense. I guess it didn't. Wish me luck on the essay though. :)
Sorry. You were plenty clear, I was being facetious.

Good luck with the essay :)

Star

So cool I am
Registered
Reaction score
Ahh, a bit of Irish humor, eh?
Now you see how serious I am? I didn't even get the joke!
Boy, do I need to relax. I'll take a chill pill and call ya in the mornin. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.