Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkjd01

I just have to be faster.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.addiejking.wordpress.com
Can I just say that there is nothing more depressing than spending hours and hours researching an agent to query, reading their entire blog for any tips or hints of what they want in a query letter, and tailoring your query specifically to what they've indicated they like and want in form and presentation...and then....

Receiving a rejection just twenty four hours before they post a blog entry indicating that they are looking for the exact genre and sub-genre that they just rejected from you.

GRRRRR!

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, don't you love that? Gotta keep remembering that it's all subjective, I suppose. Anyway, Clara brought the chocolate so here's some liquor to go with. So what that it's early? It's Friday.

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the rejection. But at least you took the time to carefully cater your query to the agent, which is something that many people don't do. Well, no one here on AW would be so naive as to just fire off any old query...*wink wink*

cate townsend

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I feel your pain. As Clara said, been there before. But there's no other way around it. We have to put in the time and do our research. Someday, hopefully, it will pay off!

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, that sucks.

In some cases, I've gone out of my way to read one of their client's books. To show them that I care. And then they won't even request a partial.

Don't you want to shake them and say, "Look, buster, don't you know how much I've put into this relationship. How much I've sacrificed for you. Why don't you love me!"

Hmmm, maybe I get too invested. Oh well.

But yes, it really does suck.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score

You just point me to that agent, sweetie. You're pain will be over soon.

Heh, my little sniper kitty is coming in quite handy today.

Those rejections really hurt. Sorry. :Hug2:

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
Patooey! I bite my thumb and waggle my fingers at that nasty agent! :tongue

I know exactly how you feel. It's happened to me enough times, too. I'll join you with that chocolate and liquor. Cheers! :e2drunk:

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Argh indeed. I guess it's true that some people don't really know what they want. Or, at least, they don't know how to express their deep-seated desires. Or, or maybe (paranoia warning), when this agent gets exactly what he wants, he suspects that you did all that research and are just trying to pull his self-exposed strings! :p

Rice pudding, warm, with whipped cream? It's good for the soul.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe this will help you feel better.

Once, I researched an agent and spent the better part of an hour custom-tailoring a query for this agent. I was SO proud of it.

I sent it off.

Tadah!

I'd put the wrong name at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.