Chicken Soup/Cup of Comfort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've had my fill of hot beverages for today! LOL Anyway... emailed one story to Chicken Soup for the Mother's of Preschoolers Soul and another story to A Cup of Comfort for Grandparents. Now to work on that Nachos, Cheese and Coronas for the Soul story!!

Debbie :rolleyes:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy: You go girl...and good luck....:D

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Debbie said:
emailed one story to Chicken Soup for the Mother's of Preschoolers Soul and another story to A Cup of Comfort for Grandparents. :rolleyes:

Way to go! I just keep tossing more contest and submission guidelines on top of those two - now I can barely see my keyboard. Colleen Sell said they were moving that April 1 deadline date, right!?:Smack:

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
mommie4a,

Yes, that's right. Colleen emailed me back and said that the deadline for the Grandparents issue is extended to May 1st. So good luck to you with your submissions as well!

Debbie ;)

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks sthrnwriter, mommie4a, and Anne! I'll let you all know if I hear anything back, either by way of acceptance or rejection - (although that may take awhile! lol)

Debbie :)

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
Wow you guys. You're really making progress. I haven't submitted anything to either Chicken Soup or Cup of Comfort in ages. But you guys have me all inspired. I'm going to whip up something decent right now! (Okay, after I've read everything on the message board ;) )

(Oh, for those who've noticed, due to some problems, I've changed my handle. So it's still me, not someone masquerading as me. LOL)

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
KitKat said:
Wow you guys. You're really making progress. I haven't submitted anything to either Chicken Soup or Cup of Comfort in ages. But you guys have me all inspired. I'm going to whip up something decent right now! (Okay, after I've read everything on the message board ;) )

(Oh, for those who've noticed, due to some problems, I've changed my handle. So it's still me, not someone masquerading as me. LOL)

I was wondering about that. You were confusing me (which is very easy to do). :)

Poppy

Registered
Reaction score
BTW, did anyone see this on the Cup of Comfort website, on their Call for Submissions and Writer's Guidelines page?

What's Brewing Next?
Possible themes of future volumes include:

Animal Lovers
Bereaved
Blended Families
Christians
Girls
New Mothers
Seniors
Singles
Tweens and Teens
Writers

I might be able to come up with something for that as well as for Bereaved...IF they decide to go ahead with these books. I'm still thinking about submitting something to the Grandparents one, but I haven't been able to figure out what yet, considering it has to be 1,000 - 2,000 words.

Anyway, just thinking out loud, I suppose...

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes Poppy, their word count is higher than Chicken Soup's - I realized that too. I notice that Chicken Soup has a lot of new upcoming titles too, one of which is for Alzheimer's. My grandmother had Alzheimer's and my mother-in-law has it, progressively much worse over the last year. I'm thinking of writing something on Alzheimer's based on my mother-in-law. The other thing is that Chicken Soup does accept poetry whereas Cup of Comfort doesn't. But between the two publishers, there does seem to be a good selection of topics to choose from for future issues, doesn't it?

Debbie :)

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
These sound like fun. I'm going to try out for the Girls, Tweens and Teens and Writer ones. Maybe if we start writing now, we'll have stuff to send when the actual calls for submissions come to us. :idea:

Poppy

Registered
Reaction score
I saw Chicken Soup's list of possible upcoming titles. Most don't apply to me, but I saw a couple that might. I notice they have some 'daily inspiration' ones. I wonder what those are like, I don't think I've ever seen any in the bookstore. I could possibly come up with something for a book like that if I knew what it was about.

And yes, Mridu, if we start now, maybe we'll have some good published pieces ready when the time comes. If the time doesn't come, we can always submit the pieces elsewhere. :)

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poppy,

I think that you mentioned on a thread awhile back - a publisher called Front Porch (or was it Back Veranda, Side Patio, Wrap-Around Deck or Tenth Floor Balcony?! Hmmm......can't remember now ) JUST KIDDING!!

Anyway....... can you tell me a little more about this publisher? Are they similar to Chicky Soup and Mug of Beer ooops I mean...Cup of Comfort?

O.K. I'll shut up now.....

Debbie :D

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
poppyhullings said:
And yes, Mridu, if we start now, maybe we'll have some good published pieces ready when the time comes. If the time doesn't come, we can always submit the pieces elsewhere. :)

Alrighty then, people. Are you getting to work or do I have to bring out my whip? :whip:

Poppy

Registered
Reaction score
Debbie said:
Poppy,

I think that you mentioned on a thread awhile back - a publisher called Front Porch (or was it Back Veranda, Side Patio, Wrap-Around Deck or Tenth Floor Balcony?! Hmmm......can't remember now ) JUST KIDDING!!

Anyway....... can you tell me a little more about this publisher? Are they similar to Chicky Soup and Mug of Beer ooops I mean...Cup of Comfort?

I got my info about Front Porch from this thread: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3340

Looks like there are some good opportunities there for personal experience pieces and whatnot. The pay may not be as much as some might wish, but it's a matter of personal preference and standards, I suppose. Good luck. :)

Poppy

Registered
Reaction score
KitKat said:
Alrighty then, people. Are you getting to work or do I have to bring out my whip? :whip:

Eek! :scared:

Okay, okay...*grabs pen and paper and starts writing furiously*

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Debbie said:
Poppy,

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Anastacia

Milk Maker
Registered
Reaction score
The editor sent me a nice form letter on the two pieces I submitted. She also wrote cute title in parens on one essay. Hopefully that means it's a candidate for inclusion in one of the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.