Back to School!

Spiral Stairs

Registered
Reaction score
I just found out I've been admitted to the Johns Hopkins Master of Arts in Writing program. (See here for info on the program and here for a prior thread in which I sought advice.)

It's not their MFA program, which requires a two-year full-time commitment (and is incredibly selective). It's a part-time program of evening and weekend classes that can be completed in two to four years.

I'm so excited -- both because I love school and because I really want to study writing. It will be quite a challenge -- I have a career and family -- but I figure I'll just be doing things (readin' and writin') I would otherwise either be doing or feeling guilty for not doing. Except now I'll pay a whole lot of money for the privilege of doing those things! Err, wait...

I know I will benefit immensely from the structure, feedback, and interaction, because I am the kind of person who needs them (lest I fall prey to the TV's siren song).

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I hate you!

Now that that's out of the way, YAY! Congrats! This is really REALLY cool! And I'm just a wee bit envious. :)

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I know the feeling, I was just accepted to grad school as well(it seems to be that time of year). Good luck with everything.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Congratulations! Do us proud, and don't forget to let us know if you need money! (I'll be more than happy to fax you a $20 or two)

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that is so cool! I bet you'll have a ton of fun, and learn SO much.

One of my life goals is to do a program like that. (But you have to be 18... maybe because of all the sleeping around that goes on there? :tongue)

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
That's wonderful, SS! Congratulations! A new lease...sounds like a dream!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! What a fun opportunity!