Western Challenge - Cowboy Ghost Stories

Festus

No limits to imagination
Registered
Reaction score
This one is for Cowboy Ghost Stories. General Guidelines are posted in the Western Forum of share your work! (subject to change by Mods).

Yall trapise on over there and read 'em! We could have us some fun with this one!

Here's the link to the challenge thread in Share Your Work > Western forum. The password to Share Your Work is: vista

Last edited by a moderator:

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Good going, Festus - I'll be working on one. I'm glad you gave us a fair amount of turnaround time. Puma

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
This one is for Cowboy Ghost Stories. General Guidelines are posted in the Western Forum of share your work! (subject to change by Mods).

Yall trapise on over there and read 'em! We could have us some fun with this one!

With yer kind permission, I'll post a link to this here contest over in the horror forum. Seems to me like some of them folk might want to stop by and share a story or two with all y'all.

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Thanks, Festus, dab nad it, I found it. I'm a learning, slow like, though. Unfortunately, my short story, "Haunted Range", is 8,500 words, a wee bit too long, darn it.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
For the search and time challenged, could someone post a link in this thread to the contest? Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with a paint pony on top?

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Here's the link to the challenge thread in Share Your Work > Western forum. The password to Share Your Work is: vista

Warning to all law-abidin' citizens!

The dreaded Horror Forum Gang is a-ridin' into town, led by none other than that pesky low-down varmint, "Mad Dog" Haggis!

haggis.jpg

Best shoot that critter on sight in case y'all catch the rabies! And mind where you're steppin'!

-Derek

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Somebody said something about 'scaring up mods'....

I see Dpaterso's avatar on the same post with Haggis new 'look'.

I admit.

I am scared.

**hmmm western ghost story...can I have aliens kill someone in it?**

Festus

No limits to imagination
Registered
Reaction score
I started to say, "sure, if they're the ghosts of aliens." Then I thought some more on this. Seems to me that there could indeed be several ways to work aliens into ghost stories, from the perceptions of cowboys thinking the aliens are ghosts to them being actual ghosts themselves. The more I ponder, the more ways I can think of to work the aliens into ghost stories!

Sure, Jaycinth, give it a whirl! Thanks for bringing this up!

Oh, we're all scared too, puts us in the right frame of mind for ghost stories, eh?

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I done pulled the trigger on one, but I'm herding another one your way. The Horror Gang is acomin'. Lock up yer women folk. This could get nasty.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Of course, non scary ghost stories are allowed. The tea story that was posted wasn't scary - it was cute. Puma