Seeking Novellas and Novels

afterdarkqt

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aphroditeunlaced.com
I've placed a call for submissions on the Writers: Paying Market Forum but wanted to bring it here as well, since it specifically involves the lustier writers!
We love those healthy, graphic libidos!

Aphrodite Unlaced, paying publisher of online e-book Erotic fiction is seeking experienced or new-to-the-genre writers of sophisticated novels and novellas.

We currently seek longer length (25,000 words and up) erotica highlighting emotional involvement between new or experienced lovers.
As always, we are looking for adult relationships with steamy heat and graphic physical sex.
Thought-provoking, realistic, *thinking woman's (and man's!)* relationships welcomed!
Happy endings not required.
Major accent on heterosexual couplings, but not exclusively.
The essential elements are still good writing, well developed plot, realistic characters with depth and flaws.

Currently accepting historical, contemporary and certain paranormal themes.
Topics sought include earthy romance, mysteries, mature protagonists, darker content (psychological or BDSM) but no alien, horror or sci-fi themes.

Realizing that true historicals may, by necessity and accuracy of fact, require younger heroines, we still must address the sensibilities of contemporary legalities.

Visit our website www.aphroditeunlaced.com for more submission details.
Further questions? Email us! [email protected]

Thank-you!
Soul pleasing and successful writing to you all.

Aphrodite Unlaced

We are a newer publishing *kid* in town, steadily working our way up from the ground floor. But with several decades of combined experience in purveying the prurient word and promoting literary creativity, we're excited to be working together with some truly fine authors to bring the best of erotic tales to the discerning Internet reader!
;)

afterdarkqt

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aphroditeunlaced.com
Definitions :)

It would probably be best to give you a definition of what Aphrodite Unlaced classifies as *slash*. Everyone has their own connotations and boundaries. Other's definitions, of course, may vary!

We define slash as sensationalized same sex stories (predominantly m/m) that present themselves without specific plot, character development or emotional direction and commitment.

We are open to considering all well written submissions that follow our basic guidelines and rules. Quality erotica that titilates our senses and literary libidos is always the primary goal :)

However, to be as up front as possible, our readership at this time is mostly female and they more readily support the heterosexual couplings in all categories even if there are other sexual elements involved during the course of the tale.

Hope this helps answer your question :)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
It does, thank you. I generally sell my material via erotic romance publishers with an overwhelmingly female audience, (Torquere, Loose Id) but they are mainly M/M pairings. My feeling is that you wouldn't been overly keen on this sort of material at this time?

pepperlandgirl

American Aquarium Drinker
Registered
Reaction score
However, to be as up front as possible, our readership at this time is mostly female and they more readily support the heterosexual couplings in all categories even if there are other sexual elements involved during the course of the tale.

I think it's very odd that a predominately female audience would NOT want to read M/M slash. Why? Because in my experience, it's predominately females who read it and write it. I suppose it's possible that Aphrodie Unlaced ahs somehow attracted the segment of females on the Internet not interested in slash--it's by no means embraced by everybody, I understand that. But after years of being involved in several fandoms, it seems the only group that universally turns its back on slash is straight males (and they just might not admit to reading it...).

Anyway, my point is, do you have some sort of marketing study or numbers that confirms your audience wouldn't be interested in M/M pairings? I'm not trying to be contentious, but like I said, I find it to be the complete opposite of my experience.

Giles English

Eroticist for hire
Registered
Reaction score
Website
chasteerotica.blogspot.com
What about femdom? Female orientated B&D seems to always cast the females in the submissive roles. What about a story about a dominant - but not cliched - female?

afterdarkqt

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aphroditeunlaced.com
Preferences

Not all that odd, really:) As you stated, slash m/m style and content is not embraced by everybody or all female readers of erotica. Everyone's experience with style reflects their own preferences. We reflect a preference.

The feedback, communications, research and support we've received from readers (predominantly female) indicates they are primarily looking for heterosexual couplings. :)

As with any publisher, our goal is to provide our readers with works we believe they will enjoy. Style is neither wrong nor right, it is preference. It's what we currently seek and offer based on our past experience, current information and our combined history as writers, editors and readers that we brought to our publishing company.

There is a vast world of Erotica out there and many places and styles for everyone to embrace according to their preferences. Finding your fit as a writer or a reader is a very personal choice.

:)

afterdarkqt

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aphroditeunlaced.com
Cross posting , Giles :)

Giles English said:
What about femdom? Female orientated B&D seems to always cast the females in the submissive roles. What about a story about a dominant - but not cliched - female?
Yes. Very intriguing...how about one? (grin)
The thought processes of a D/s relationship has always been an intense challenge.

Giles English

Eroticist for hire
Registered
Reaction score
Website
What a quick response!

afterdarkqt said:
Yes. Very intriguing...how about one? (grin)
The thought processes of a D/s relationship has always been an intense challenge.

Pretty easy, actually :guns:

The snag is that a non-scene - as in not play acting - dom has to be damaged: either slightly evil, or else have all sorts of inhibitions which make it impossible for her to have a "normal" relationship. (I cycled through most of the possible variations in my one published work.)

That's fine for a male readers. A slightly barking mistress gives the story edge, and they don't care if the male protagonist is a bit of a doormat.

But, do female readers want to hear about, say, a phallophobic virgin who can only achieve intimacy for as long as she can persuade her man to stay in the chastity belt?

I'm certainly up for taking a shot if somebody is likely to want to read it. Would it be OK to pitch some ideas first, before writing a partial (with no obligation on your part)?

afterdarkqt

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aphroditeunlaced.com
Responsive to the max...

I may be quick, but I'm not easy (grin)

I'm certainly up for taking a shot if somebody is likely to want to read it. Would it be OK to pitch some ideas first, before writing a partial (with no obligation on your part)?
Aye, there's the rub! Will they be likely to read it?

Truthfully, I don't know. I would certainly hope so. But, nothing ventured, nothing read. (or something like that! WINK)
By the time we reach adult sexuality, we are all damaged to a degree. We all have baggage we carry.

Pitch away!
(or if you happen to be a fan of M. Night Shyamalyan's Signs... "Swing away, Merrill!")

[email protected]
[email protected]
:)

Giles English

Eroticist for hire
Registered
Reaction score
Website
>Aye, there's the rub! Will they be likely to read it?

I thought not, until I noticed another one of those "our yoghurt/comfy bed/shampoo/chocolate is better than sex with your man" adverts on TV last night.

The advertisers are either mindlessly copying eachother, or else know something about female psychology that we don't!

It might be worth testing the water with something short. Watch this space...

Cheers
Giles

PS Your site takes for ever to load, and I have broadband! Can't you shrink the graphics a bit?

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I certainly understand that each publisher needs to have its own tone and identity -- just going for clarification so I know whether to add this one to my 'possibles' list.