PDA

View Full Version : Magic Tricks

Toothpaste
03-17-2008, 03:09 AM
Hey all!

My next book is going to be about illusionists etc, and I was curious if anyone could recommend any good resources on the subject? I would like to learn how some tricks are performed and stuff like that. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks ahead of time!

Hillary
03-17-2008, 03:46 AM
This may or may not be helpful at all.. But wasn't there that series of three or four show called "Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed" several years back? I think there are a bunch of TV shows/specials like that. And probably a billion youtube clips of people showing how illusions are performed. Google is your friend.

zenwriter
03-17-2008, 04:00 AM
Lots of excellent books to browse can be found here:

http://books.google.ca/books?client=firefox-a&q=magic+tricks&um=1&as_brr=3

bluntforcetrauma
03-17-2008, 04:56 AM
post removed

Toothpaste
03-17-2008, 05:48 AM
Thanks everyone! I've definitely already done the google thing, and have an excellent book myself on the subject. I was just curious if anyone had any recommendations of titles in particular - you know, hidden gems I might not know about. I also wasn't sure if anyone was a part time, heck full time, magician here, had any inside scoops. You never know!

Hillary - I think I remember that series. I'll try to see if maybe it's available to rent, thanks!

Siddow
03-17-2008, 05:52 AM
My son learns tricks from youtube. Nothing spectacular, but cool 11-year-old kid stuff.

Toothpaste
03-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Hadn't thought of Youtube! Thanks for the suggestion Siddow!