PDA

View Full Version : Amateur Avatar Psychology

Inspired
03-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Why did you choose your avatar?

Tell us, and then we'll tell you the REAL reason.

I chose mine because it makes me think of peaceful days of fishing off the dock in Canada (at my uncle's place) and our wonderful family camping trips. I love nature.

aspier
03-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Funny thing about an avatar is that once you have selected it you start 'acting' it. It's kind of you who is trying to 'live' up to an imaginary role pattern. I swicth Avatar's regularly because people built up certain communication scripts in their reactions to it. They too built up 'personality traight' to answer to the 'casted' Avatar personality. This is a fruitless bussiness, hampering 'web personality growth'. Reactions and answers become stereotyped.

Example: Zaza's got a cool Greek philosopher and watch how he (his Avatar personality) acts cool and lazy ... yet of course his own personality is no fool. In his case he has managed to be rather stimulating in his short posts. This is an achievement. However his 'real' personality is also caught up in the role of the Avatar and has its limits.

Then there's William's cowboy. Cowboy = gunslinger, dangerous, lone rider. Now look at this: William knows a lot about French poetry. We have had exchanges about that. Yet some posts ago he posted with great bravour something that, when looked at carefully, connects the word 'hate' with 'the French'. What has happened there? I'd say it was his Avatar that has 'dictated' the attitude which sparked off the remark.

Same with me and the silly face I have used. It puts me up to 'so-called' witty remarks. I play the 'role' then, become silly! I have in the past tried 'womanish' avatar's, feet and so on. Well, I 'became' a woman! In the end I had shared close bonds between real woman posters, hunted on men, chaving them, etc. Weird game and dangerous in the end.

But there's this problem of the Web. There is hardly any 'middle space' between communicator and reader. It's a 'straight shoot' thing. In how far can one be 'open' and 'honest'? Real pic Avatar's is an attempt to be straight but this is also a daring road. Mostly women do this. I'm too sporting my face lately but have already thought 'no go' and will change it again, etc. People like your face or they pis on it. Question really is: Has it any sence to communicate on the web what so ever and Łberhaupt? And then, to what depth? And blah blah you know what I mean. Surrogate stuff etc.

JoeEkaitis
03-27-2005, 07:02 PM
It's a placeholder until I can put up my own:

http://writersbbs.com/members/joeekaitis/littlebook.jpg

And now, I'm one post closer.

Poppy
03-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Mine is Dawn, the Goddess of Birth and Rebirth. She's the creation of Joseph Michael Linsner, and I'm a big fan of his and of his character Dawn (obviously). Plus, she's a redhead, and so am I. If you knew her story and my story, it'd make more sense, but that'd take too long to explain. :)

Cabria
03-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Before I could have a custom Avatar, I chose Looney Toons "Taz". Then I went with the pic of drums (which incidentally, is the same pic of the brand name drum kit I have now, right down to the colour ! (Premier Cabria) What can I say, I just love my drums! ( I think it's the Yin Yang thing that plays off my writing.) What do you think? (or am I just a crazy, wild woman?!!!) I'm also the cusp sign of Gemini/Cancer which makes me all the more complicated to figure out! Ha!

Happy drumming (er, I mean writing!)

Debbie :D

Liam Jackson
03-27-2005, 07:06 PM
When I first came to AW, I saw Uncle Jim had posted a photo. (this was long before the pics were known as avatars.) I thought it was a pretty neat idea for a writer, because people could then associate a face with the work. So, I did likewise.

Poppy
03-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I've tried using a photo of myself as an avatar, but I get tired of looking at my goofy grin. As a compromise, it's on my profile so I don't have to look at it all the time. I wish I had a photo of myself that looked like I was serious and deep in thought or something. Oh well...

JoeEkaitis
03-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Speaking of photos as avatars, does this make me look enough like an author?

http://writersbbs.com/members/joeekaitis/littleheadshot.jpg

Poppy
03-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Yes, it does. I'd take you very seriously based on that photo. Is that what you'd want?

veinglory
03-27-2005, 07:22 PM
I just can't pass up a chance to plug my book, not very deep....

Sarita
03-27-2005, 07:23 PM
I wanted to use my own pic, but hate giving away too much. I compromised with 1/2 :cool:

Seriously, I want people to connect a face with my writing and conversations.

JoeEkaitis
03-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Yes, it does. I'd take you very seriously based on that photo. Is that what you'd want?

To paraphrase Samuel Goldwyn, I don't care if the book makes a single red cent. I just want every man, woman, child and library in the world to buy it.

Maryn
03-27-2005, 07:32 PM
I just scanned what photos I had that were cool, cropped one, and voila! I had one of myself for about thirty seconds, but I looked so freakin' tired...

Maryn, permanently tired

aka eraser
03-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Shameless book plug. :)

If I was epter, technologically, I'd probably change it more often. But a friend sized this one and turned it into whatever it had to be turned into to work and I hate to bug her with other pics.

Sarita
03-27-2005, 08:07 PM
So, who has the job of telling us what they mean?

Poppy
03-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that myself, Sara.

rich
03-27-2005, 08:27 PM
I certainly won't. I'm trying to be a permanent traveler on the enlilghtened road.

Inspired
03-27-2005, 08:43 PM
I was kind of hoping some smart aleck would've jumped at the chance by now.

Poppy
03-27-2005, 08:51 PM
I would only dare to evaluate myself. I don't know anyone else here well enough.

I use the purdy redhead because I'm uncomfortable with my own looks. I use her as a mask.

:)

MacAllister
03-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Good Heavens, Poppy! But you have a terrific face! (And you match both your posting "voice" and your avatar--which makes me smile, broadly)

William Haskins
03-27-2005, 09:14 PM
as you can see, i chose my 10th grade yearbook photo. though i've aged some since then, i've still maintained my slim figure, and switched to filtered cigarettes.

Poppy
03-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Thanks, Mac. I don't know, I just don't like looking at pictures of myself. I'll show you one of me as a kid if I can find it. I actually like it.

Found it: http://www.poppy.celaine.com/images/Me3.jpg

I was 3 years old, had strawberry blond hair, and don't ask me what was so funny, I don't know.

paprikapink
03-27-2005, 09:31 PM
I chose mine because it didn't represent anything. Except for whatever the viewer wants to find there.

-pkpk

Julie Worth
03-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Funny thing about an avatar is that once you have selected it you start 'acting' it. It's kind of you who is trying to 'live' up to an imaginary role pattern.

This is why Iíve procrastinated on posting an imageónames have enough baggage. Iíve posted on other boards, using a variety of monikers, and a certain personality always develops. Itís like Iíve created a character, and then I have to be consistent. But names are nothing compared to images. Iíve noticed this with my book collectionóI organize them on my shelves by the way they look. Often Iíll forget the title and the authorís name, but I remember it was a big red book with a picture of a volcano. So Iíve got a shelf with big red books, another with small brown books. People think Iím an idiot decorator, but itís just my filing system. Iíve even written from an image. I began a novel with a certain cover in mind, and that was a stronger organizing element than the working title or my flimsy notions of plot. But then it got to be a drag, because the book veered away from the picture. When I finally changed it, it was such a relief!

mommie4a
03-27-2005, 09:36 PM
I chose mine because I didn't want to put my real photo up (I'm with the crowd that thinks it's weird to see your own pic everywhere) but I really like the illustration my friend did for my website. It's like me - a little askance, pencil behind the ear (instead of on the paper) but a "hey, I don't have a clue what's going on and I'm still happy!" smile. That would be me!

MacAllister
03-27-2005, 09:36 PM
oh yeah--we're supposed to be talking about avatars...:) I chose mine because my grandfather (Comanche) told me when I was very small that coyote was my totem animal.

Then he shook his head pityingly.

This is a clipped pic of a North American coyote petroglyph.

There has been some speculation that it looks like a gopher run over in the road, as well. I sorta like that reading, too...

maestrowork
03-27-2005, 09:38 PM
My avatar tells you everything about me.

I tried to use my pic as my avatar for a while, but I ended up freaking myself out looking at me face in every post. Granted, it was when the avatar is "on top" of every post instead of on the side -- which means it was the first thing you see. So it might be different now that it's on the side (and out of the way).

But people seems to like PP (aka Piddles).

MacAllister
03-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Armchair smart-aleck analysis of Ray's Avatar:obviously you have deep and unresolved issues about your penis, probably stemming from having been a bedwetter for so very long. Not to mention the hot chicks who fling themselves at you.

Also, the puppy is peeing on a laptop, externalizing your internal frustration and fears of inadequacy regarding writing.

Poppy
03-27-2005, 09:45 PM
LOL @ Mac's analysis.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like seeing my own photo next to all of my posts.

paprikapink
03-27-2005, 09:46 PM
oh yeah--we're supposed to be talking about avatars...:) I chose mine because my grandfather (Comanche) told me when I was very small that coyote was my totem animal.

There has been some speculation that it looks like a gopher run over in the road, as well. I sorta like that reading, too...

Here's the armchair psych question: I get a sense of that coyote aspect, Mac. But in cuddly coyote kinda way. Rare, that. My question is, do ya think the coyote shows up because grampa told you it was there, or do you think gramps saw it because it was showing up? :confused:

-pkpk

MacAllister
03-27-2005, 09:52 PM
heh--my Grandfather was a strange and very wonderful man, Pkpk...seriously, I think he saw it because it was showing up. I was about four when he told me this, and fascinated with coyotes--I remember telling wild and fanciful tales about coyotes, and sneaking out my window at night to sit on the roof and listen to them.

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/blush4.gif

okey-doke. personal revelations all over, now...BWHAHHAhaahhhhhhhhaaaaaa

maestrowork
03-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Leave it to Mac to put "penis," "stem," "bed," "wet," "hot chicks" and "fling" in the same sentence/paragraph. I wpnder what an armchair-psychoanalyst's gonna say about that. Huh, huh, huh?

I feel so exposed!

(awww... Mac, I'm visualizing you as a little girl on the roof listening to the coyotes. It warms my heart)

MacAllister
03-27-2005, 10:00 PM
:Smack: Let's not get carried away...heh.

:)

And thank you, Ray--I worked very hard to get all those words into just a couple of sentences. "It always goes back to zee mudder, no?"

William Haskins
03-27-2005, 10:08 PM
inspired: represents the finite potential of life and the risk of exceeding it.

aspier: the piece of cheese hurling through space represents his brain exploding as he attempts to reconcile my love for french poetry with my snide remark about the french.

joeekaitis: the extended dragon's hand represents the tyranny of friendship.

poppyhullings: the coy stare over the shoulder is obviously the taunt of the seductress, one step ahead of you.

debbie: drums represent a slave to rhythm and the derivation of power from aggression.

liamjackson: convinced he's is hypnotizing all of us by staring through our souls.

veinglory: unwavering pursuit of success, making every moment a "work" situation. in case of an accident, has dust jacket copy stitched into underwear.

saritams8: playing a shell game with her duality. the half of her pic she uses, with that smile playing on her lips, looks like it's the benevolent half. believe that at your peril.

maryn: ultimate strength. atlas must hoist the puny little earth on his shoulder, while she palms the sun like shaquille o'neal.

aka eraser: one day he will turn into a fish. it's inevitable.

rich: poised to lock his slobbering jaws around the ankles of haiku writers everywhere.

macallister: first impression would be that he feels like he's been run over by life. actually, he just keeps momentos of his own conquests.

paprikapink: the buddha-like symmetry of the image masks internal chaos.

julie wirth: who needs an avatar when you're using that huge font?!

mommie4a: forget the grin. she'll jab that pencil through your eye in a heartbeat.

maestrowork: (see freud, specifically repression and bodily functions)

Cabria
03-27-2005, 10:11 PM
mommie4a,

Something about your avatar reminds me of the Canadian cartoonist Lynn Johnston (For Better or For Worse). I don't know if it's an actual pic I've come across of Lynn Johnston or the "mother" character in her strip (perhaps the latter where your avatar is a comic type image). Whatever the case.....I like it!

Debbie :Sun:

Poppy
03-27-2005, 10:12 PM
poppyhullings: the coy stare over the shoulder is obviously the taunt of the seductress, one step ahead of you.

Uh-oh, he's onto me.

Julie Worth
03-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Huge font? What are you talking about?

mommie4a
mommie4a: forget the grin. she'll jab that pencil through your eye in a heartbeat.

Have you been talking to my husband?

MacAllister
And then we have handsome Haskins, too cool to live, in his duster and concho-banded hat..

Revealing a fascination with the "bones" of things--obsession regarding the structure that lies beneath the surface, yet provides definition.

paprikapink
03-27-2005, 10:14 PM
me-wise, you nailed it, WH.

mac-wise, can't you see, especially from this angle, that that is a girl coyote? duh!

-pkpk

mommie4a
03-27-2005, 10:14 PM
mommie4a,

Something about your avatar reminds me of the Canadian cartoonist Lynn Johnston (For Better or For Worse). I don't know if it's an actual pic I've come across of Lynn Johnston or the "mother" character in her strip (perhaps the latter where your avatar is a comic type image). Whatever the case.....I like it!

Debbie :Sun:

You're right! It does look like her. And, although I haven't read that strip in a long time, I totally related to her when I did read it. Guess my friend who drew the image knows me better than I know myself. No surprise!

Thanks!

Torin
03-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Mine is the cover of my first novel. I really like it and think the publisher did a great job. :)

Cabria
03-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Why thank you for the insightful assessment, William! Although, I do save my aggression for special times and places........ wink, wink, nudge, nudge

Debbie ;)

reph
03-27-2005, 10:40 PM
"Armchair psychology"? But real psychologists have armchairs.

Liam Jackson
03-27-2005, 10:40 PM
<<<liamjackson: convinced he's is hypnotizing all of us by staring through our souls.>>>

Sooo...anyone feel the uncontrollable urge to quack like a duck, yet?

CACTUSWENDY
03-27-2005, 11:00 PM
:hi: ....I chose the little panda because it was cheerful and sunny...much like I try to be. I've found that life is what I make it, and I choose to make it as bright and fuzzy as I can. (even when some think I should be more down to earth) :popcorn:

MacAllister
03-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Ahh--but Wendy, your panda has that lovely, slightly cubistic perspective happening...

looking at many sides of things at once, and defying rational dogma.

William Haskins
03-27-2005, 11:12 PM
the look in its eyes also suggests that it eats butterflies. wendy is obsessed with consuming beauty for her own internal nourishment.

MacAllister
03-27-2005, 11:14 PM
:ROFL: @WH

Fractured_Chaos
03-27-2005, 11:27 PM
I chose mine because I'm vain.

rhymegirl
03-28-2005, 12:39 AM
I have no idea why I picked this avatar.

Oh yeah, I do now. It's my high school yearbook picture.

Dawno
03-28-2005, 12:49 AM
I love books and wish I could get as much sleep as my cat.

On another board I rotate my AV's pretty frequently and my title is "Ebil Librarian" ... this is my current AV on the other board:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/Ebil_Librarian/ebil_lib.jpg

A geezerette is intitled to her dreams....

jdkiggins
03-28-2005, 12:51 AM
I've changed mine three times. I agree with others, so decided I didn't like looking at myself every time I posted. I picked this one because she's younger and prettier. :)

mommie4a
03-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Joanne - I love yours because it's an incredibly poised, sleek and powerful image. I really like it.

jdkiggins
03-28-2005, 01:02 AM
Thanks, Jill. I didn't think I'd get that same image with the pic in my bio. :)

pepperlandgirl
03-28-2005, 01:31 AM
The person in my icon is Jeff Tweedy, the lead singer and songwriter of Wilco, and also my muse. I absolutely adore that man and his brilliance and his music is the soundtrack to all of my projects.

jdkiggins
03-28-2005, 01:31 AM
OOhhh, Dawno. That librarian in the chair is great!

Dawno
03-28-2005, 01:56 AM
Thank you. It's not the right one for AW but it's perfect for the other board. My dream for retirement is to own a little indie bookstore so I can be surrounded books, readers, and cats.

jdkiggins
03-28-2005, 02:07 AM
Hmmm. Sounds like my office when I get visitors. Only now I'm surrounded by five bookshelves full of books, a Maltese who loves to keep my feet warm and all you lovely people are my visitors. :) Does anyone know where they keep the key to these bars.:D Just joking.

biotales
03-28-2005, 02:18 AM

Very good Mac... Coyote.... hum... the best way to track a coyote... is to look behind you... because coyote's always backtrack.... in a straight line and they will always lead you to water....
it is also a trickster.... perfect totem for you....
now on to mine....
I chose this one... because I like it...
:heart:

Dawno
03-28-2005, 02:48 AM
I wish the AV's could be a teensy bit larger, 140x140 is the size I get at another box and I have to re-size all mine if I want to use them here. Thank goodness photobucket has a fast edit feature to do that.

CindyBidar
03-28-2005, 03:18 AM
You people are way too deep for me. I chose mine just 'cuz I like my dog. :)

paprikapink
03-28-2005, 03:25 AM
I have no idea why I picked this avatar.

Oh yeah, I do now. It's my high school yearbook picture.

Oh, okay. If another reason occurs to you in a couple of houre, that'd be interesting to hear too. :Thumbs:

-pkpk

Poppy
03-28-2005, 03:33 AM
WWRD

What Would Rhymegirl do?!

brokenfingers
03-28-2005, 03:48 AM
sigh.......

(brokenfingers dreaming about the day he can inset some cool avatar that reflects his deep, mysterious personality...)

Poppy
03-28-2005, 03:56 AM
awww, it'll be okay, brokenfingers. :Hug2:

SRHowen
03-28-2005, 04:27 AM
hmm, I chose mine because I was sick of looking at myself, and the person in the pic is much nicer to look at than me, and younger--LOL

Shawn

brokenfingers
03-28-2005, 04:34 AM
Woohoo!!

I did it! I did it!

I've got an avatar!

I'm free!! I'm free!!

Yahoooooo!!!!

(brokenfingers passes out drinks to all present....)

jdkiggins
03-28-2005, 05:17 AM
brokenfingers,

You're free? Or did you break free? Are those handcuffs I see?
Hmmm.
Congrats! on your avatar.

brokenfingers
03-28-2005, 05:22 AM
jd,

LOL! Actually both.

And if I may quote another line from "The Matrix":

"Free Your Mind...."

Poppy
03-28-2005, 05:39 AM
Yaaayyyy for the freedom of brokenfingers! :Clap:

Inspired
03-28-2005, 07:17 AM
inspired: represents the finite potential of life and the risk of exceeding it.

aspier: the piece of cheese hurling through space represents his brain exploding as he attempts to reconcile my love for french poetry with my snide remark about the french.

joeekaitis: the extended dragon's hand represents the tyranny of friendship.

debbie: drums represent a slave to rhythm and the derivation of power from aggression.

liamjackson: convinced he's is hypnotizing all of us by staring through our souls.

veinglory: unwavering pursuit of success, making every moment a "work" situation. in case of an accident, has dust jacket copy stitched into underwear.

saritams8: playing a shell game with her duality. the half of her pic she uses, with that smile playing on her lips, looks like it's the benevolent half. believe that at your peril.

maryn: ultimate strength. atlas must hoist the puny little earth on his shoulder, while she palms the sun like shaquille o'neal.

aka eraser: one day he will turn into a fish. it's inevitable.

rich: poised to lock his slobbering jaws around the ankles of haiku writers everywhere.

macallister: first impression would be that he feels like he's been run over by life. actually, he just keeps momentos of his own conquests.

paprikapink: the buddha-like symmetry of the image masks internal chaos.

julie wirth: who needs an avatar when you're using that huge font?!

maestrowork: (see freud, specifically repression and bodily functions)

Thanks for giving it a try. Very insightful and fun! Keep it up guys.

Gehanna
03-28-2005, 07:26 AM
I actually would prefer to use the sun image I have in my profile as my avatar instead of the butterfly but I did not see an option to use one of my own images.

As for the sun, I like the image because it reminds me of how it feels when I am outside under my Grandfather Tree and the wind is blowing through my hair. Sounds corny I know but it's the truth. Helps me get through the cold months.

Gehanna

MacAllister
03-28-2005, 07:31 AM
Gehanna, after you've made fifty posts, you can upload your own avatar under your user control-panel. :) The option shows up a bit after you've made the required number of posts.

Some regulars have taken a unique approach (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=135283#post135283) to reaching this level...

Gehanna
03-28-2005, 07:35 AM
Ok. That's good to know. Thank You MacAllister.

wurdwise
03-28-2005, 07:41 AM
I just figured out how to choose an avatar. Why this one? Maybe it looks a bit like me 20 years ago? :Shrug:

With glasses and a bigger nose!;)

Dawno
03-28-2005, 07:44 AM
Gehanna, after you've made fifty posts, you can upload your own avatar under your user control-panel. :) The option shows up a bit after you've made the required number of posts.

Some regulars have taken a unique approach (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=135283#post135283) to reaching this level...

Also, unless this has changed, benefactor members can also have a custom avatar regardless of the number of posts.

Sarita
03-28-2005, 07:47 AM
saritams8: playing a shell game with her duality. the half of her pic she uses, with that smile playing on her lips, looks like it's the benevolent half. believe that at your peril

Ahh yes, fear me....

Nivvie
03-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I picked this one because I like her.
On most sites I change it every few days so I doubt if this one says much about me, but I do like pink.....

aspier
03-28-2005, 11:24 AM
http://users.skynet.be/spier/clipart/F.flavissimus.jpg

Missisipi Cheese fish avatar = diving for the bottom

Galoot
03-28-2005, 01:00 PM
I chose mine because I'm vain.I'd say something nice, but it'd probably come across all creepy. Or vice versa, whichever's funniest.

My avatar? Golly, it doesn't mean anything. Please don't sue me!

triceretops
03-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Only because it is a tribute to him (also same name and age).

Tirceratops

Mr Underhill
03-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Missisipi Cheese fish avatar = diving for the bottomMr Spier, I rather liked your previous avatar with the picture (I presume) of your face. It was impossible to tell whether you were wiping a tear from your eye or holding a pantomime pistol to your temple. Such ambiguity fascinates me.

I'm amazed that this thread has reached four pages since yesterday. It is possible I inspired Inspired to create it with a stray comment on my meditations thread yesterday. But of course yesterday was Easter, most of which I spent with my family, and so had no time to check back. Right now I should be working to finalize my Absolute Idol submission, and shouldn't be distracting myself this way. So if you will excuse me, I'll be back later tonight...

PS: My current avatar is merely meant to convey that I am "just off the boat" in Absolute Write Land. ;)

Inspired
03-28-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm amazed that this thread has reached four pages since yesterday. It is possible I inspired Inspired to create it with a stray comment on my meditations thread yesterday. But of course yesterday was Easter, most of which I spent with my family, and so had no time to check back. Right now I should be working to finalize my Absolute Idol submission, and shouldn't be distracting myself this way. So if you will excuse me, I'll be back later tonight...

PS: My current avatar is merely meant to convey that I am "just off the boat" in Absolute Write Land. ;)

You're right! I look for inspiration in all sorts of places. Thanks for this one!

Maryn
03-28-2005, 09:52 PM
Huge font? What are you talking about? Finally, a post where I don't squint even a little. (My glasses are, of course, perched crookedly on top of my head, where Gloria Steinham told me to put them all those years ago...)

Maryn, who would accept the services of a seeing-eye lynx, if such a thing existed, because hey, would that be cool or what?

JenNipps
03-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Why did you choose your avatar?

Mine is a close-up of a section of a clarinet and some sheet music. I love music. I used to play the clarinet. I would love to play it again, but with the time and then either the cost for lessons or trying to find suitable sheet music, that likely won't happen.

Still, I love it. The clarinet I have will soon be assembled and put on a plaque to hang on the wall. (I saw one done like that at either an Applebee's or Chili's.)

.....though, if I ever find a good image of Celtic knotwork that doesn't lose it's integrity when I resize it, I'll use that.

JenNipps
03-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Mine is Dawn, the Goddess of Birth and Rebirth.

I knew it! I think I have that full picture somewhere. I love Dawn & Linsner. :)

Poppy
03-28-2005, 10:40 PM
I knew it! I think I have that full picture somewhere. I love Dawn & Linsner. :)

Really? Cool. :cool:

aspier
03-28-2005, 10:48 PM
I rather liked your previous avatar with the picture (I presume) of your face. It was impossible to tell whether you were wiping a tear from your eye or holding a pantomime pistol to your temple. Such ambiguity fascinates me.

That's nice of you to say and to have noted the ambiguity. I checked your Mr Underhill discription and it says 'Dangerous New Commer'. Smile. Your ability to post such a real post drawer topic indeed makes you a wanted man! And 'dangerous'. Congratulations! Your topic riches into the core of web posting and web roleplay. It also has loosen some of the screws of the fragile character of the collective community unconsciousness. Oh there ARE faces behind the faces and I think you have achieved quite and applause from everybody with such a 'meditative' thread.

Good to be able to post along side you, ok? Tnx.

Fractured_Chaos
03-29-2005, 01:03 AM
I'd say something nice, but it'd probably come across all creepy. Or vice versa, whichever's funniest.

Chicken! :wag:

Galoot
03-29-2005, 01:34 AM
Chicken!Okay, you win. Your avatar looks like a chicken.

Rob-rite
03-29-2005, 04:22 AM
I suppose mine suggests a split-personality.

Can't argue with that...

Why not, you normally do ...etc.

JanaLanier
03-29-2005, 04:48 AM
<------ right after the hairball

Sarita
03-29-2005, 04:50 AM
I suppose mine suggests a split-personality.

Too bad you took the buttocks away, or I could have some pretty interesting stuff to say about your 'split personality'.:ROFL:

Rob-rite
03-29-2005, 04:53 AM
Is that Freudian or what? I honestly wasn't thinking of buttocks when I posted that!

Sarita
03-29-2005, 04:56 AM
Has to be the id looking for ... er nevermind. Just a freudian slip.

Rob-rite
03-29-2005, 04:58 AM
Must say, I like your new one. Makes you look ... dangerous (oooooh)

Sarita
03-29-2005, 05:00 AM

I am! Watch out...:whip: Thanks, I took it myself!

JoeEkaitis
03-29-2005, 05:01 AM
New avatar, ready for analysis.

Rob-rite
03-29-2005, 05:03 AM
Well, you certainly take a good photo ... literally. I took my own profile photo as well but I'm not brave enough to use it as my avatar.

CACTUSWENDY
03-29-2005, 05:06 AM
:Trophy: ...Not bad Joe...now i will look in my Sunday papers for your cartoons and tell everyone that "HEY...I know that guy.":snoopy:

Uncarved
03-29-2005, 05:10 AM
Its a drawing someone did of me. I like it, its faery like and delicate in a way that I will never be.

brokenfingers
03-29-2005, 05:20 AM

I've gotta say, I think saritams8 has one of the best avatars on the forum right now.

I know, I know - yes, of course she's an attractive woman, but that's not what I'm talking about.

That half face is cool. It reveals her, yet hides her. It shows just enough of her to make it seem like you're looking at her, but still hides enough that she can walk by you on any given day and you wouldn't even know it.

Combined with the fact that the look she is giving is slightly amused, in a wicked "wouldn't you like to know what I'm thinking" sort of way...

Genius, I tell you. Sheer genius....

Rob-rite
03-29-2005, 05:25 AM
Totally agree. It shows an artistic side too.

(Listen us. Maybe we should start an appreciation society!)

Sarita
03-29-2005, 05:26 AM
Wow! And to think I was going to change it! Thanks, BF and Rob :D The half face stays.

Sarita
03-29-2005, 05:29 AM
It shows an artistic side too.

Photography is definitely one of my favorite mediums to play with. Aww, shucks. You guys are too sweet. :)

rhymegirl
03-29-2005, 05:43 AM
I told Sara we all should do the half-face avatars.

Rob-rite
03-29-2005, 05:48 AM
Well I think, now that you're suitably buoyed you (or indeed BF) should go and add to the 10-word thread, yeah?

Mr Underhill
03-29-2005, 05:48 AM
I checked your Mr Underhill discription and it says 'Dangerous New Commer'. Smile.I'm glad you find it entertaining, Mr Spier, but I'm afraid to say I can't take credit for my "Dangerous" title. You see, I was merrily posting along, hoping to move on from "Esteemed New Member" to a description of my own choosing (such as my signature), when I was suddenly slapped with this descriptor. I believe it is what the system does when one reaches 50 posts with a Minus Ten reputation. Most unfair. Fortunately it did allow me to upload my own avatar, so I used that as a calming counterpoint. You will see from my profile portrait that I am really an amiable little fellow who wouldn't hurt a fly.

Your ability to post such a real post drawer topic indeed makes you a wanted man! And 'dangerous'. Congratulations! Your topic...Thank you for the kind words, sir, but we should really give Inspired the credit for launching this thread. I merely made a side comment in that vein.

Specifically it was something to the effect that "Many AbWriter's avatars involve pictures of water (e.g. Inspired's dock, sgtsdaughter's beach, my own) I wonder what Herr Doktor Jung would have to say about that? Water is of course a symbol of the unconscious Ė a reflective surface above hidden depths. For what that's worth.

I'll have to ponder that for a bit.

Here's another stray hypothesis we might prove or disprove: women who have pictures of their dogs as avatars are married. I'm not sure what that says about those with a cat.

Rob-rite
03-29-2005, 05:49 AM
I wonder if she'll give me the other half. LOL

brokenfingers
03-29-2005, 05:52 AM
Here's another stray hypothesis we might prove or disprove: women who have pictures of their dogs as avatars are married. I'm not sure what that says about those with a cat.

Wow! This thread just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser!

Sarita
03-29-2005, 05:52 AM
Well I think, now that you're suitably buoyed you (or indeed BF) should go and add to the 10-word thread, yeah?

I'm attempting to stay on task and read entries... albeit one at a time, then checking back at the boards. And NO, you can't have the other half. I need it! That's my sweet and innocent side, she comes in handy.

Rob-rite
03-29-2005, 06:10 AM
Oh well, worth a try. Off to sleep now as it's 03.10am here ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JoeEkaitis
03-29-2005, 06:38 AM
:Trophy: ...Not bad Joe...now i will look in my Sunday papers for your cartoons and tell everyone that "HEY...I know that guy.":snoopy:

Thank you. Actually, I'll be in print before I'm in the funny pages. My signature quotes are from my novel which is scheduled for release in time for Christmas, 2006. :)

brokenfingers
03-29-2005, 06:42 AM
I told Sara we all should do the half-face avatars.

Some people aren't comfortable putting their picture out on the internet where anyone can see it and I can understand, considering what a screwed up world we live in.

That's one of the things I like about the half-face. It addresses the identity/relate-to issue yet doesn't really reveal anything.

I say go for it.

Though some people just like having symbols representing their inner nature etc.

And then there's people like me who just use whatever happens to be on sale at Walmart at the time.....

Inspired
03-29-2005, 06:51 AM
I'm going to have to post a picture of myself with the black bar across my eyes and see if anyone recognizes me on the street.

(I'll try to ignore the fact that nobody here ever sees me anyway.)

HConn
03-29-2005, 07:07 AM
I picked mine because I like pie. (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=82651&postcount=364)

Sarita
03-29-2005, 07:11 AM
I picked mine because I like pie. (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=82651&postcount=364)
Okay, okay, you found me out. I DO like key lime pie, it might be the only kind, and it's more like cheese cake than pie anyway!

jdkiggins
03-29-2005, 07:38 AM
Okay, okay, you found me out. I DO like key lime pie, it might be the only kind, and it's more like cheese cake than pie anyway!

I've never tried key lime pie. Does it really taste like cheese cake? If so, I just may half to try it now. :)

Sarita
03-29-2005, 07:41 AM
Yes, but Taaaarrrt. It's really good. Well, I think so. ;)

jdkiggins
03-29-2005, 07:43 AM
So it's a taste-like-cheese cake make-you-pucker kinda pie?

Sarita
03-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Exactly!! So yummy.

jdkiggins
03-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Now picture my face all scrunched up and eyes watering. I don't know. I'm not a lemon type person.

Sarita
03-29-2005, 07:46 AM
:roll:

maestrowork
03-29-2005, 07:49 AM
Key lime is yummy.

jdkiggins
03-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Okay, I'll try it. But I have to warn both of you. If I end up making half the faces I made today with all those people probing at me, you're both in for it. :box:

Sarita
03-29-2005, 07:55 AM
Yay! I'm ready for you, but I think you'll like it. :)

mdin
03-29-2005, 08:00 AM

And I was thinking your avatar was a brain. :roll:

Mine is the cover of my next book. You can see a bigger version here (http://www.mattdinniman.com/trailerpark.jpg).

jdkiggins
03-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Glad XT wasn't talking to me. I don't have one.:wag:

maestrowork
03-29-2005, 08:28 AM
But you have heart. Miles and miles and miles of heart.

jdkiggins
03-29-2005, 08:30 AM
:thankyou: :snoopy:

Fractured_Chaos
03-29-2005, 11:50 AM
Okay, you win. Your avatar looks like a chicken.

BAWK! :D

MacAllister
03-29-2005, 11:55 AM
heh--better that than a flattened gopher, eh?

CACTUSWENDY
03-29-2005, 11:59 AM
:confused: ...HCONN....That's a pie?....looks like a round loaf of bread. See...you had me fooled.:Wha:

Alphabeter
03-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I wanted to use my own pic, but hate giving away too much. I compromised with 1/2 :cool:

Seriously, I want people to connect a face with my writing and conversations.

Me too.

I gave mine a sheen so its still me but not entirely.

Alphabeter
03-29-2005, 03:19 PM
I've gotta say, I think saritams8 has one of the best avatars on the forum right now.

I know, I know - yes, of course she's an attractive woman, but that's not what I'm talking about.

That half face is cool. It reveals her, yet hides her. It shows just enough of her to make it seem like you're looking at her, but still hides enough that she can walk by you on any given day and you wouldn't even know it.

Combined with the fact that the look she is giving is slightly amused, in a wicked "wouldn't you like to know what I'm thinking" sort of way...

Genius, I tell you. Sheer genius....

Ooh, then you're gonna have something to say about mine, right bf?

Please?

Alphabeter
03-29-2005, 03:23 PM
I'm big on Perkins French Chocolate Silk. We had that after dinner on Easter. I made great cherry and pineapple cream ones (they went fast) but our little gathering of 10 manages to eat two whole pies of that FCS and pieces of the other four. (Can you tell we're a LARGE family?!)

Rob-rite
03-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Yes, if you want MY opinion, yours is cool too. Very arresting...;)

Poppy
03-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Joy, you're also wearing sunglasses which helps 'hide' your identity a little. I think your avatar looks :cool:

Poppy
03-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Rob, is that Rob-rite and Rob-left in your avatar? heh

Rob-rite
03-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Yes, it's the dual aspect of my nature. I embarked on a spiritual quest to 'find' myself. Trouble is, once I found 'me' I was a bit dissapointed. Now I can't get rid of me. Everywhere I go I'm there, hanging about like a bad fart. Still, you live and learn eh? ;)

Sarita
03-29-2005, 05:17 PM

JoeEkaitis
03-29-2005, 05:57 PM
I was contemplating using this as an avatar with the title

"Tastes like...MISTER ED!"

Alphabeter
03-29-2005, 06:00 PM
I went out to find myself. Please let me know when I come back.

Rob-rite
03-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Don't do it; you may not like what you find.

But if you insist, you couldn't get me a pizza while you're out could you?

Moondancer
03-29-2005, 06:20 PM
I chose mine because... I can't remember why I chose it, I've had it that long and use it on numerous boards. Like most of you, I have my pic in the profile section but I wouldn't want to stare at it all day.

rhymegirl
03-29-2005, 06:41 PM
I thought HConn's avatar was a brain, too. Glad I'm not the only one.

maestrowork
03-29-2005, 07:51 PM
I thought it was a testicle.

Sarita
03-29-2005, 07:57 PM
I thought it was a testicle.
EEEEEEEWWWWWWW!

Uncarved
03-29-2005, 08:28 PM
I was contemplating using this as an avatar with the title

"Tastes like...MISTER ED!"

Please don't call Ed Mister, he'll get a bigger ego.
And for god sakes, if you're eating him WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT!

HConn
03-29-2005, 08:57 PM
And I was thinking your avatar was a brain.

Nah. Pie is something I have.

Apparently, I have a Rorchach avatar. People's interpretation of it reveals more about them than me.

Either that, or I should take pictures with more lighting.

Alphabeter
03-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Yes, if you want MY opinion, yours is cool too. Very arresting...;)

I knew those handcuffs would come in handy!

Alphabeter
03-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Joy, you're also wearing sunglasses which helps 'hide' your identity a little. I think your avatar looks :cool:

Of course if you click on my profile, you get a full on view. But t'ain't too bad-I've got glasses on in it too.

Come to think of it, I'd be practically invisible without them!

Alphabeter
03-29-2005, 09:05 PM
Don't do it; you may not like what you find.

But if you insist, you couldn't get me a pizza while you're out could you?

Mushroom, olives and pineapple okay?

I might eat it all first. I get hungry when I wander away.

Alphabeter
03-29-2005, 09:07 PM
Apparently, I have a Rorchach avatar. People's interpretation of it reveals more about them than me.
Either that, or I should take pictures with more lighting.

I like the Rorchach idea.

What does it say when I wonder what the filling is?

Nah, use sprinkles or some sort of topping-more hair is key.

underthecity
03-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Me next.

I had this picture taken when we did family portraits over a year ago. This was intended to be my "mysterious author" picture. It was actually inspired by an author photo of Stephen King in a copy of (I think) Nightshift. I liked the b/w photo of him wearing a black leather jacket, and I thought, why the hell not?

When I finally had enough posts to put up an avatar, I was torn between doing a cover shot of my first book, or the author photo. I chose the author photo since maybe people would start equating my face shot with my so-prolific philosophical posts.

My signature line refers to my first book (http://www.allensedge.com/cincinnatisubway.html). And so does my screen name.

underthecity

Alphabeter
03-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Allen already knows I think he's got the dangerous cool vibe going on but I thought I'd share it with the entire thread.

maestrowork
03-29-2005, 09:44 PM
Allen writes about abandoned subways and Burlesque... who knows what kind of things he does during the night....

underthecity
03-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Allen writes about abandoned subways and Burlesque... who knows what kind of things he does during the night....

Maestro, some things are better left unsaid! :Ssh:

utc

PS, there's more to my upcoming book than just burlesesque. Check this out (http://www.allensedge.com/prohibition.html).

utc

jdkiggins
03-29-2005, 11:50 PM
underthecity,

I like that picture. It does exactly what you wanted. I think it looks like a very "mysterious author".
Joanne

aspier
04-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Mmm so does the word - underthecity ... the tecity is in there.

DaveKuzminski
04-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Nope, I have to go the other way, underthecity. First impression your photo gave me was of an angry gang member and that was without knowing that was supposed to be a leather jacket. I first thought it was a black tee or sweat shirt. But, mysterious? No, it just didn't strike me that way.

Kida Adelyne
04-06-2005, 12:29 AM
I chose my Avatar because a chibi legolas is the cutest thing in the world. Unfortunatly It's no longer animated (he used to pop in and out of the ring) because the origional image (http://www.geocities.com/moyhop42/LOTR/leganimate.gif) was to large to use. :(

aspier
04-06-2005, 11:43 AM
The case I volunteered and tried to state ... uh etc. (second post to this thread) seems to have been made by the number of hits this thread has had already (2009), no? There's a strong identification between the 'ego' of a poster and the image (avatar) he/she uses. I also suspect that once an avatar is selected the poster starts trying to 'live up' to his concept of what, how, etc. the avatar (new roleplay character) should 'talk, post and react'. I also suspect that this is a burning hot issue for everyone in this Cyberworld where we are cyber blabbies and not real people!

'Welcome to the New Make Believe World'

A good slogan? Or do you completely disagree from me? (See, I act fish now - my avatar - diving to the bottom of the Missisipy smile).

aspier

SRHowen
04-06-2005, 02:44 PM
LOL

So my new avatar says what??/ LOL

Actually the cat just reminded me of my own smart *** cats.

Shawn

wurdwise
04-06-2005, 03:16 PM
aspier, I agree that the avatar we choose has a strong identification with the ego of the chooser, but I don't think we as writer's would allow such a small thing to affect what we say, or that we would try to live up to whatever image is there, we are too busy being ourselves.

I keep changing mine to fit how i am feeling, even the title underneath. What does that tell you about me? When I ask myself that question, I think it's that I want people to know me, to understand, I am reaching out. Any other takes on this new game I seem to get so much satisfaction?

SR, your avatar made me think you were playful, full of mischief.

aspier
04-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Yes, Wurd. Do I act that way because of my avatar? Maybe mmm not really. But on the otherhand I might be a silly idiot too not even knowing it and then secretly come out with play! Smile. I do too change avatars. I started doing it when I realised this possible influence thing (I really believe in the influence - check it out on other posters) and like you, I too am reaching out, want to discover, learn, get connected on a level and doesn't want to be caught up with only witty punchline stuff. Although punches of short sorts can be stimulating and zakk! hit one write in the eye, etc. (Not refering to your eye, smile!) There is a change in punchy attitutes lately however, they're not so 'in' anymore it seems and on this board there's a load of honest straight communication, don't you think?

underthecity
04-06-2005, 04:42 PM
First impression your photo gave me was of an angry gang member and that was without knowing that was supposed to be a leather jacket. I first thought it was a black tee or sweat shirt. But, mysterious? No, it just didn't strike me that way.
Dave, you made me laugh out loud. If I had been drinking my coffee, I would have sprayed it all over the wall.

Angry gang member. . . that's rich. Nah, I'm not angry, I even have a hint of a smile in my photo. Read into that what you will, but to me, my smile kind of says things are not as they appear. Thanks for the comments, tho!

Dave, I'll always be a huge fan. You're great.

Aspier said
so does the word - underthecity ... the tecity is in there.
I haven't figured out the meaning of this one, what is "tecity?"

underthecity

MadScientistMatt
04-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Well, I couldn't use my "flask of green liquid and crossed pistons" avatar yet that I use on other message boards (that's in my profile if you want a look). That one is something I made myself with POVray, kind of a parody of the crossbone and skull and meant to signify that I'm an automotive mad scientist.

So I decided to go with the bulldog avatar from the list. The bulldog symbolizes the determination and tenacity that I believe I have and think I will need to come up with publishable books. Plus, my high school mascot was a bulldog. :)

scullars
04-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Oh, sad, sad tale. I actually created my avatar "Shara" with Poser and Bryce, and it was one of my favorite pics. Then Geocities took down my site, and my computer crashed a few months later. I lost the original, full-sized rendering and could only find the thumbnail at sites where I'd posted my 3D work. I'm still searching for a site whose name I can't remember where I think the pic may be in its full size. My avatar was a choice between this one and the one below, another of my favs I created with Poser:

aspier
04-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Mscientist doggy guard the gate, no? (good avatar). And Scxullers cool! Are you so complicated and full of fire? (good pic!)

wurdwise
04-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Yes, aspier, I see the difference, and I agree, cornballing around is fun, but nothing is more fascinating that delving into the oh so interesting human psyche. I am in personal pain at this time in my life over the tragic death of my son Friday, so my cornballing is at an all time low. I'm just glad to be here, this site has given me so much comfort in the last two days, just reading other people's fun makes me smile, and that's a miracle.

I will change avatars again, probably several times I imagine, for however long it takes, which may be forever!

scullars
04-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Mscientist doggy guard the gate, no? (good avatar). And Scxullers cool! Are you so complicated and full of fire? (good pic!)

I named the pic "Leaving Hell". Actually, the concept is a woman leaving a literal hell (that is, marriage); her chains indicate escaping a type of slavery (that is, marriage) and the door arch represents the arch of a church doorway, another symbol of marriage. The big ego behind her is her soon-to-be ex.

And no, this is in no way my life. Just thought it was an interesting concept.

scullars
04-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Yes, aspier, I see the difference, and I agree, cornballing around is fun, but nothing is more fascinating that delving into the oh so interesting human psyche. I am in personal pain at this time in my life over the tragic death of my son Friday, so my cornballing is at an all time low. I'm just glad to be here, this site has given me so much comfort in the last two days, just reading other people's fun makes me smile, and that's a miracle.

I will change avatars again, probably several times I imagine, for however long it takes, which may be forever!

I am so sorry to hear about your loss Wurdwise. You and your family have my deepest sympathies.

aspier
04-06-2005, 09:25 PM
My god Wurdwise, oh! I am so very sorry to hear that. Take one step at a time and walk slowly is all I can say. Tnx for being here and in the small way we can, we share your grief!

argo

ZaZ
04-06-2005, 10:55 PM
I have the best avatar.
I found it somewhere in 1996 and have used it since.
Looks like me, what with the red nose and the toga.

maestrowork
04-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Me think your avatar is great, too, Zaz. It captures your looks, your attitude, and you Xsenz.

Like how the PP captures me.

aspier
04-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Look at the numberrrrrrr of hits!! 2260! Heavey topic, no?

JennaGlatzer
04-08-2005, 01:12 PM
I chose my avatar because it looks like me.

And I have always thought HConn's avatar was a brain.

And I like key lime pie.

And brownies.

Mmm... brownies.

Rob-rite
04-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Jenna, I can't say I've heard of key lime pie. Can you explain it to me?

(oh, and I don't want anybody 'chipping in' with, "It's a pie containing keys and limes 'cos I won't buy it!)

maestrowork
04-08-2005, 08:13 PM
It's kinda like a cheesecake but with lime and cream, I think. It originated from the Keys, I think. Oh what do I know. Google it!

aspier
04-08-2005, 08:23 PM
I've heard that Maestro! Ugh ugh!

JennaGlatzer
04-08-2005, 08:26 PM
http://www.foodreference.com/html/artkeylimepie.html

According to that site, it's the official dessert of Florida's Key West.

wurdwise
04-08-2005, 08:37 PM
I looooveeee key lime pie! Rob, you gotta try it, it's tangy and cold, and a treat for the taste buds. I also love my new avatar. Am I hot, or what?

paprikapink
04-08-2005, 08:58 PM
I looooveeee key lime pie! Rob, you gotta try it, it's tangy and cold, and a treat for the taste buds. I also love my new avatar. Am I hot, or what?

Yer hot, no 'bout a doubt it!

And I like your slogan: "Free Beer Tomorrow." Isn't that a song from a play about a cute little orphan....? :Cheers:

-pkpk

wurdwise
04-08-2005, 09:10 PM
LOL! Yeah, and it's also a sign that is posted in one of my favorite bars.:hat:

paprikapink
04-08-2005, 09:34 PM
One of my favorite bars, tho I haven't been in years, Spec's, on Columbus Ave. in San Francisco, had a sign that said "We reserve the right to serve refuse to anyone."

Anyone know if it's* still there?

-pkpk

*"it" = the sign or the bar!

MadScientistMatt
04-09-2005, 05:37 AM
Well, I just decided to re-render my avatar image with a white background to see if that would show up better. So here it is - the test tube of bubbling green liquid because I'm a mad scientist, and the pistons because I experiment on machinery!

MadScientistMatt
04-09-2005, 05:41 AM
http://www.foodreference.com/html/artkeylimepie.html

According to that site, it's the official dessert of Florida's Key West.

I've been lucky enough to actually have a chance to eat key lime pie on Key West. Probably even made from local Key Limes. That's one thing I would highly recommend for a list of things that everyone ought to be able to experience.

wurdwise
04-09-2005, 06:21 AM
Ok, I think I've finally got it, the avatar and signature I am going to keep, it feels just right.

BlakeOvard
04-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Ok, I think I've finally got it, the avatar and signature I am going to keep, it feels just right.
I know I don't know you that well, but from what I do know, I'd have to agree. Cool Avatar, cool quote, cool chick. (I was going to fill in with some other female descript, but with "cool", "chick" always works - at least I think it does.) :Wha:

wurdwise
04-09-2005, 05:16 PM
It better than worked, that was so sweet, thank you. ;)

But i have a confession. This just proves aspier's original theory, and also proves the stereotypical nature of humans, but because of that pretty dog, I thought you were a young girl. Sorry, Blakeovard! LOL

Now I feel like a total ditz. I just went to your website, duh, here I am telling what the Times-Herald hailed as "America's Premier Pen and Ink Artist" where to find avatars! That's rich. I am going to check out your website thoroughly today, I'm just on the computer this morning having coffee, but I saved it to my favorites. I'll pm you afterwards, but I was quickly impressed with what I did see.

Now I'm even more flattered that you consider me a cool chick, but did you ever think someone would confuse you with a young girl? :roll:

I think I'm gonna start checking out people's profiles more often.:o

Rob-rite
04-09-2005, 06:35 PM

Sounds like a heady combination. Cold, tangy pie mixed with a hot gal!

Yeah, your new avatar certainly beats the old 'ginger tomcat with a mohican' look. ;)