TRUE STORIES WANTED: Ghosts of loved ones keeping love alive

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
I am working on a new article for the Shadowlands newsletter. I need TRUE stories from anyone who has, in some way or another, had a ghostly experience where a lost loved one did something as a way of showing their love or of keeping their love alive. It could be any kind of love: A husband bringing the scent of a wife's favorite flowers on their wedding anniversary, a child visiting their grieving parent on their birthday or even a sibling coming back to show that all is forgiven.

Please send your stories to Dawn at DMCWriter(at)gmail.com and I'll let you know if I'll include it in my article. Thanks! :)

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is what you're looking for, but I have a couple. Here's one. If you'd like others, please let me know. My daughter was killed in a traffic accident when she was 10. After the burial and the obligatory gathering of relatives had abated, I decided to go to the gravesite. My adult step-son took me. There were hundreds of people at the funeral and any number of workers who'd had to arrange the 108 floral pieces on the grave, not counting the people who folded the chairs left over from the graveside service, the tent, and those who covered the grave. When I arrived at the cemetery, my step-son and I walked toward the grave, even commenting about the number of muddy footprints on the grass. (It had rained that day.) As I was looking down, I stopped. There on the path in front of me, untrampled and unsoiled, lay a single red rose. It's petals were dry and it seemed to have been freshly cut. I keep it folded between the pages of our family album.

lakotagirl

Forgot what I was gonna say
Registered
Reaction score
My father wanted to be cremated and his ashes taken back to the Reservation. We had him cremated, but it was over a year before all my siblings could take time off to travel to South Dakota together.

In that year, I woke up several times in the middle of the night to see my father sitting in the corner. I convinced myself in the morning that I had a dream.

After we had taken his ashes and released them according to his wishes, I had one last dream. He was standing next to our pond under the tree. When I looked at him, he waved, then turned and walked away.

The next morning, I went down to the pond and found a fishing lure that he used to love laying under the tree.

I've never dreamed about him since.

lakotagirl

Forgot what I was gonna say
Registered
Reaction score
In all fairness, I must add that my husband insists the lure could have been dropped by anyone.

He is right. It could have been.

Ghost or Karma? It doesn't matter to me. I only know that it was good.

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
In all fairness, I must add that my husband insists the lure could have been dropped by anyone.

He is right. It could have been.

Ghost or Karma? It doesn't matter to me. I only know that it was good.

I prefer to think that it was your father living the dream. He wanted you to know he'd gone fishing in an eternity of lakes and streams, living water so to speak. I never let logic interfer with hope.

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
This is great. Thanks SO MUCH! :) I'll let you know when the article is published.

And, yes, I agree with Appalachian Writer, about the fishing lure. That is really special.