Not open for further replies.

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
I saw a clip on the news this morning showing trucks trying to mutilate them. Kinda sacreligious I thought! And the eyes still glowed.

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
If you put one in a microwave oven for a few seconds, it grows. If you leave it in too long, it will eventually grow to a height of 200 feet, come to life and destroy Tokyo.

Last edited:

allion

Character assassin
Registered
Reaction score
This has to be an American thing. In Canada, we just aren't familiar with the vile little things. I find the fascination with the marshmallow blobs with the creepy eyes interesting. They don't look edible, with that bright sugar coating.

I prefer chocolate that doesn't look back at me.

Karen

Inspired

Registered
Reaction score
I saw a Peep artist on the Food channel the other day. If I made sculptures like that, I wouldn't want to eat another one - sugar overload!

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
allion said:
This has to be an American thing. In Canada, we just aren't familiar with the vile little things. I find the fascination with the marshmallow blobs with the creepy eyes interesting. They don't look edible, with that bright sugar coating.

I prefer chocolate that doesn't look back at me.

Karen

1. The sugar is not a coating. It is the entire peep.
2. They are not edible, which is why so many individuals know what happens when you do things like put them in the microwave.
3. If Canadians aren't familiar with them, how do you know about the creepy, vile things? ;)

E.G. Gammon

Registered
Reaction score
I can't stand those little things. I saw that thing on the morning news about all the stuff people do with peeps and the obsession people have for them. It's crazy. They are little marshmallow blobs. I mean come on! People putting toothpicks in two peeps and facing them towards each other in the microwave and betting actual money to see which peep wins? Man, I guess me having an actual life prevents me from having all that sort of fun...

Last edited:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What are peeps?

Little Bo Peep's kids?
A slang term for people?
The sounds that a baby chick makes?

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
If Peter Cottontail were pink or purple or yellow and made entirely out of sugar fused together, never to be torn asunder, that would be a peep.

allion

Character assassin
Registered
Reaction score
Birol said:
1. The sugar is not a coating. It is the entire peep.
2. They are not edible, which is why so many individuals know what happens when you do things like put them in the microwave.
3. If Canadians aren't familiar with them, how do you know about the creepy, vile things? ;)

Because it was on Sunday Morning on CBS today - and yes, they showed the legendary Peep factory (but couldn't show the machine that made the Peeps, or they would have to kill us all).

We get lots of US TV here, even more now that we have digital cable. I can watch the news from Seattle, though I'm not sure why I would. I digress...

I just go for chocolate. Dark chocolate with a high cocoa level if possible. And hey, it's got antioxidants, so it's healthy!

Peeps look evil...but it looks like you can make art with them.

Karen

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?

Nivvie

Rejections, She Wrote.
Registered
Reaction score
We have no peeps!

If it wasn't for the pictures I wouldn't have the slightest idea what you're all talking about.

I want a peep.
Are they tasty?
Made with the kind of colouring that sends kids insane?

Status
Not open for further replies.