Does this make me weird?

BlueLucario

Blood Elves FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Well, I have these interests, well nothing specific. I always go online to research stuff. I go on the schools computers and print print print! :) My teachers got so mad, they want to kill me for it (Oh well, my taxes pay for their supplies anyway.). What I like to print out is information. Like, information about mental illnesses, biographies, scientific studies etc. But people are saying that my interests are weird,

I have some fascination to:

Child Ritual Abuse
Mind Control- I saw those on TV, and it facisnates me quite a lot. and they are actually real!
Feral Children
Personality disorders
Symptoms of Epidemics, such as West Nile or HIV,
Sadistic Abuse

Are these weird interests? People look at the papers coming out of the printer and call me a weirdo. If it's weird I'll stop. I just can't help myself. Everytime I see a school printer, I just print information. I don't have many friends because of my interests.

I also have interest in telekinesis. And I wanted to show the other kids that it's real!

Hehe, I just research for fun. I don't know why I'm so interested in this. Maybe there is something wrong with me. I don't know.

Are my interests normal?

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Well, I have these interests, well nothing specific. I always go online to research stuff. I go on the schools computers and print print print! :) My teachers got so mad, they want to kill me for it (Oh well, my taxes pay for their supplies anyway.).
Printer ink cartridges are expensive. Your teachers may be buying their own supplies, many do. If not, I assure you the school limits them to a very tight budget. When you use all the ink, that means they, at the very least, have to go play mother-may-I with the person in charge of purchasing to requisition some more, or they have to replace it themselves - out of pocket and after taxes.

You should sit down and figure out exactly how much you, individually, are paying in taxes, then figure out what percent of that goes towards education, then figure what miniscule portion of that goes to supplies at your particular school, and how that's divided among teachers or departments before you decide for yourself that you've got some entitlement to hog all the printer ink for your selfish personal satisfaction.

You might want to take another guess as to why you don't have many friends. It's probably not so much your interests, but your attitude.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Sure, it's weird. So what? I think most of us have strange interests, maybe we're just not as open about them as you are. Who wants normal? Normal is boring.

BlueLucario

Blood Elves FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Printer ink cartridges are expensive. Your teachers may be buying their own supplies, many do. If not, I assure you the school limits them to a very tight budget. When you use all the ink, that means they, at the very least, have to go play mother-may-I with the person in charge of purchasing to requisition some more, or they have to replace it themselves - out of pocket and after taxes.

No the computers belong to the school, built especialy for the students. So that's why I said my taxes pay for it.

I never thought about that. I feel too concerned learning more about a trivial subject

ColoradoGuy

I've seen worse.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisjohnsonmd.com
You might just save the links to sites you are interested in. That way you can read them later, saving paper. Also, remember that much of the information on the internet hasn't been authenticated by anyone and may well be misleading or simply wrong.

Parkinsonsd

Registered
Reaction score
My sister asks the same kinds of question. She'll do things calculated to trigger a response. What she really wants is to be told "Yes, you're weird".

So "Yes, you're weird."

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No the computers belong to the school, built especialy for the students. So that's why I said my taxes pay for it.

I never thought about that. I feel too concerned learning more about a trivial subject
I don't care, Blue. It doesn't give you the right to hog all the printer ink for yourself. This is why the teachers get mad. The teacher is responsible for the printer in his room. If some pigheaded, self-centered student uses up all the ink because she puts her own "special interests" ahead of everything else, has no self-control, a complete lack of maturity and a ridiculously self-important sense of entitlement based on a childish misunderstanding of how tax dollars work, it's the teacher, not the building, who is stuck having to deal with getting more ink.

I'm married to an educator who teaches a computer class. You wouldn't believe how often we replace computer mice and headphones out of our personal household budget because the twits in his classes seem to think that anything inside the school building automatically "belongs" to them and they have every right to abuse, steal, or destroy it just because they, or their parents, pay taxes.

Guess what, Blue, teachers pay taxes too. Yet if they used the school printers to print out personal stuff, they'd get fired.

writin52

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Well, I have these interests, well nothing specific. I always go online to research stuff. I go on the schools computers and print print print! :) My teachers got so mad, they want to kill me for it (Oh well, my taxes pay for their supplies anyway.). What I like to print out is information. Like, information about mental illnesses, biographies, scientific studies etc. But people are saying that my interests are weird,

I have some fascination to:

Child Ritual Abuse
Mind Control- I saw those on TV, and it facisnates me quite a lot. and they are actually real!
Feral Children
Personality disorders
Symptoms of Epidemics, such as West Nile or HIV,
Sadistic Abuse

Are these weird interests? People look at the papers coming out of the printer and call me a weirdo. If it's weird I'll stop. I just can't help myself. Everytime I see a school printer, I just print information. I don't have many friends because of my interests.

I also have interest in telekinesis. And I wanted to show the other kids that it's real!

Hehe, I just research for fun. I don't know why I'm so interested in this. Maybe there is something wrong with me. I don't know.

Are my interests normal?

Define "normal". I find that normal people scare me and I have a bumper sticker to prove it :D Actually, I find your areas of research interesting. Have u used any of that research to write anything yet?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Define "normal".
baby-ronald-son-of-a-freak.jpg

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Blue, there is nothing wrong with those particular interests if you are interested in them for the right reasons. For instance, if you are interested in Child Ritual Abuse because you'd like to prevent it from happening to innocent children, then I'd say that your interest is okay.
If your interest is for self-amusement, then I'd say that you might want to find another avenue with which to channel your interests.

Whether your taxes paid for the printer ink or not isn't the point. The point is to be respectful of others needs and not be selfish and wasteful.

BlueLucario

Blood Elves FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The psychology stuff was supposed to be for character development, mostly it's for amusement.

I don't mean to be selfish or anything, it's just a habit. I liked collecting information.

Normal=Not weird. Things you do that don't draw attention.

BlueLucario

Blood Elves FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Ronald McDonald must have been real busy these past few months. No wonder we haven't seen him in the commercials lately. :D

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Blue, I'm asking because I'm curious, not trying to slam you--how do you feel when you read about ritual abuse? Do you not feel empathy and horror for the victims?

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Why does it make me weird?
You asked if it made you "weird" because you suspected (or knew) your areas of interest lie outside what's considered "normal."

So when someone answers: "Yes, it does" -- don't pretend to be surprised, or demand to know why they said that. It's the answer your question invited.

If I were a teacher and one of my students repeatedly printed stuff about Child Ritual Abuse and Sadistic Abuse without having a darn good reason for doing so (lesson-related), I'd contact the Principal and ask him to talk to the Social Work Dept.

Don't open a can of worms, then be surprised when people go, "Eeew!"

-Derek

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Yes, it's weird but normal people are boring. ( although if your surfing sadistic abuse for nothing but amusement....that's a whole different road)

Having said that - don't abuse the privilege of your use of school equipment. We all have areas of interest - but we don't expect others to pay for them.

BlueLucario

Blood Elves FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Blue, I'm asking because I'm curious, not trying to slam you--how do you feel when you read about ritual abuse? Do you not feel empathy and horror for the victims?

I feel curious. I never thought this stuff is even possible. I craved to learn more. I need this information for character development.

As for the mind control, I thought it was really cool. and (Don't make fun of me.) I wish I were one of their guinea pigs.