PDA

View Full Version : Office rage- examples - good or bad?

JacobWorld
03-16-2008, 07:48 AM
I have worked in the office and I have seen flying chairs , fights etc over nothing like a tea soon not cleaned after using it OMG

SpookyWriter
03-16-2008, 07:50 AM
I have worked in the office and I have seen flying chairs , fights etc over nothing like a tea soon not cleaned after using it OMGDang, I had the same problem when someone forgot to clean the tea soon. What's up with that? :roll:

StoryG27
03-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Everyone in the office I work at now is pretty calm and professional. But at the place where I worked before, I saw one poor employee (who had to leave because her toddler was extremely sick and the daycare called to say she needed to pick him up) get yelled at right in the center of the office by the boss. Boss also started throwing files down and hitting the desk. I gave my notice that same day.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-16-2008, 07:56 PM
I've been a bubbling cauldron of office rage since the young lady in the other agent's office was hired... her favorite, can't-miss show is 'The Price is Right'. Back when I was caretaker for my mom, my timing for visits was during the same time - all the ol' folks loved ol' Bob Barker. That 'ding-ding-ding-ding-ding' bell-ringin' crap makes me seethe.

So far, I've been able to resist the urge to take a baseball bat to her li'l 7" TV...

So far.

dpaterso
03-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Yeah, thrown chairs, thrown cups of coffee, toppled VDUs and printers, scattered files, pretty normal office stuff.

I had a manager for maybe 3 years who didn't know what anyone in his department did. He just had no idea. Appraisals were hilarious, he'd copy random objective pages from other dept. members' appraisal forms into mine, just to give him something to mark me on. His comments and ratings were pure fantasy (I recognized those other objectives, I'd written 'em, he hadn't changed a single word, and they weren't tasks that I did). After listening to him talk crap for an entire hour, I'd refuse to sign. He'd punch his desk and bang his chair around the room and work himself into an incoherent scarlet-faced spittle-flying frenzy, shouting at the top of his voice. All this in a fishbowl glass front office in plain view of 20 people in his dept. I kept hoping he'd grab his chest and keel over, but he never did.

-Derek

SpookyWriter
03-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah, thrown chairs, thrown cups of coffee, toppled VDUs and printers, scattered files, pretty normal office stuff.Sounds like foreplay to me.

StephanieFox
03-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Everyone in my office gets along with everyone else. Everyone is polite. There's some joking around and everyone is ok with it. If someone leaves a mess, we speak politely to the offender about it. They answer politely. They do not re-offend.

We have a lot of left wingers and a few Republicans. We do not bring up politics with those with opposing views, and if those with opposing views speak about it among themselves, we ignore it. Well, maybe a little eye roll, but that's all.

If any of us has a work related question or a problem, we can ask anyone else for help and they will.

We are all technically self-employed and technically competing for clients, but we still get along.

What's wrong with us?

Craig Gosse
03-17-2008, 02:24 AM
Sounds like foreplay to me.

Darn it; where'd I put my eleven-foot pole...?

(" 'Stretch' Polanski; tallest Pole I ever met.." B.F. Pierce, M*A*S*H)

choppersmom
03-17-2008, 03:22 AM
Sounds like foreplay to me.

Only if you roll around naked in the files after you scatter them.

choppersmom
03-17-2008, 03:27 AM
Everyone in my office gets along with everyone else. Everyone is polite. There's some joking around and everyone is ok with it. If someone leaves a mess, we speak politely to the offender about it. They answer politely. They do not re-offend.

We have a lot of left wingers and a few Republicans. We do not bring up politics with those with opposing views, and if those with opposing views speak about it among themselves, we ignore it. Well, maybe a little eye roll, but that's all.

If any of us has a work related question or a problem, we can ask anyone else for help and they will.

We are all technically self-employed and technically competing for clients, but we still get along.

What's wrong with us?

You're all clearly aberrant. Normal behavior would involve way more violence than you and your officemates exhibit. I'm normal, and there are days when I would cheerfully throttle many of the people I'm forced to share air with every work day. So, straighten up and throw a stapler at someone already, mmmkay?