Hey! The Onion is doing us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nangleator

Rep Point Whore
Registered
Reaction score
Favorite bits: "While the strike has been joined by an estimated 250,000 novelists—225,000 of whom have reportedly stopped in the middle of their first novel..."

"Publishers have reissued new editions of early, pre-union novelists—such as Robert Louis Stevenson and Jane Austen, both of whom have previously established successful track records—and have seen no no change in monthly sales."

"Novelist T.R. Walsh was forced to put a manuscript on hold he has been writing for more than 15 years."

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Eeew. That smarts. Lol! But it shouldn't. I wrote an essay called Make Yourself Useful: Why They'll Eat The Writers First. It's not as funny as The Onion, but what is? It's just that I have these attacks of insignificance, just like The Onion tells me I should. It is to weep and then to laugh.

It's here to see how I wallow, if ya like.

I think I'll go soak my head.

And then try to do a little writing. Might as well, if Bachman's still banging away.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Don't think too harshly of Bachman. He's being held captive in an insane asylum and being forced to write or be eaten by a psychotic St. Bernard.

Status
Not open for further replies.