Yep, I'm here again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I know I've taken a long break from AW. . .Again. But I have a good excuse this time. My hubby just deployed again, this time to Afghanistan for a fifteen month tour, or as he was choosing to describe it: An all expenses paid trip to an exotic, mountainous locale where he will enjoy endless hours of backpacking with his pals while carrying over one hundred pounds of equipment and armor. He will get in some weapons training (sure the targets shoot at him, but that makes it interesting), and occasionally get to experience trying to fit a gigantic armored vehicle onto a steep and winding goat trail. And don't forget the lovely wet-wipe baths, outdoor latrines, and dry shaves. That is how he described it to his family in an email, that and more. He's so silly. Anyway, I obviously wanted to spend every free second I had with him, so that's why I haven't really been here much.

We made it through the farewell without too much drama. I guess since we've been through this before when he went to Iraq, we're handling it a little better this time, putting on our brave faces and such.

Anyway, just wanted to say howdy to you all and thank those who have helped get me through this. You're the best, and I'll be hanging around here more often now, so I can laugh with you and hopefully work on my goal of finishing my current WIP, editing an older manuscript, and wrangling an agent. :)

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Well, this Air Force wife & Army Ranger mom stands up & salutes you, one military wife to another--and one who's been through the deployed husband/son trauma/drama...and one who watches for her brother-in-law to make it home from his 3rd deployment!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad you're back and so sorry your man is back in the sandbox.

:Hug:

We'll write and edit and try to wrangle agents together.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're glad to have you back more, and grateful to your husband for his dedication. I guess spending time with him before he left is a good excuse! Please provide Mac with a note from home.

Any time you need to talk to grown-ups who don't work where you do, we're here.

Maryn, winking

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe if I write my note from home in a rep point to Mac, I'll receive more leniency?

You guys are the best! Thanks for all the posts. I don't know what I'd do without my friends at AW.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Hey, SG! Good to see that smiling face again. Welcome home!

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Storygirl is back! You've been missed. :Hug2: Hugs for you and hubby... hope he gets back safe and sound. :)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Storygirl, so glad you're back and prayers and super good vibes to your hubby and you and that he will be safe and return healthy and happy. Write me anytime, k. :Hug2:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
welcome back, and please accept my best wishes for your husband's safety and for a speedy 15 months.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Storygirl. I have a brother-in-law who is a career man and just returned from a stint in Afghanistan before I joined AW. Four months turned into eight. I was on the phone with my sister almost daily. It's good to have AW. You're both in my prayers. Be well.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, thanks. I love that I can count on all of you to make me smile and welcome me home after I've been on sabatical.

Status
Not open for further replies.