Is it just me, or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
should tarts not be made "instant celebrities" because their claim to fame is only that they fcked a married politician??

I know its not new, but the gal thats getting on ever major paper, magazine, and news program is just irking the immortal hell out of me.

t

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No it's me and you.

They do it for the fame. They see a politician who wants them and they're in until it's confession time.

The politician gets the boot and the girl gets her name splashed all over the place. Now she has more friends on MySpace.

It's the American way.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
yes, cos we all just LIVE to have more myspace fans, haha.

I liked that Terri *dork

t

Craig Gosse

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, it *IS* you; or, rather, the collective 'us'.

Media is in business to make money; which they do by selling advertising space/time. It's value is determined by how many people see that 'spot'. So media panders to the lowest common denominator.

In short - if we let them know we would boycott any product whose commercial aired during 'news' we disprove of, it'd stop showing up on the air pretty darn quick....

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...their claim to fame is only that they fcked a married politician??
Yeah, that sure is something to be proud of. I wonder what she'll say when it comes time to explaining her now very public past to her grandkids.

Take Monica Lewinsky's future queries, for instance: "So Grandma, is it true you blew the president of the United States? Oh, and where exactly did he put those cigars?"

I'd rather we weren't privy to such trysts. Most of us have at least one skeleton in our closet that we pray will be kept from our family, let alone the media's glare.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
I'd rather we weren't privy to such trysts. Most of us have at least one skeleton in our closet that we pray will be kept from our family, let alone the media's glare.

I think the public actually has a "need to know" when Mr. "I CRUSADE AGAINST VICE AND CRIME!" is actually a regular customer of a criminal vice enterprise.

But like you, I don't want to know any of the details. Between Governor Spitzer and Senator Vitter, I had to order extra brain bleach.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
I think the public actually has a "need to know" when Mr. "I CRUSADE AGAINST VICE AND CRIME!" is actually a regular customer of a criminal vice enterprise.

But like you, I don't want to know any of the details. Between Governor Spitzer and Senator Vitter, I had to order extra brain bleach.

try the drano injections, they've done WONDERS for me;)

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
if a hooker can't get a million dollar deal out of banging a governor than there's something wrong with america.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I think the public actually has a "need to know" when Mr. "I CRUSADE AGAINST VICE AND CRIME!" is actually a regular customer of a criminal vice enterprise...
It's what I refer to as The Comeuppance Factor. Many feel he's getting what he deserves in light of his strong stance against crime and his take-no-prisoners attitude toward enforcing the law. I agree with his decision to step down as governor. However, it's the manner in which he's been portrayed, the public flogging until he's flayed mentality that has me feeling uncomfortable. We always expect more from public officials and hope they'll transcend our own weaknesses. But they never do, and yet we're suddenly mortified when that's brought home to us, even though it continues to happen with surprising frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.