teenagers... cruel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
This kind of made my day even though it's a bad thing.

My cousin told me that she heard my name 5 times in the hallway in one day 2 weeks ago.Then she told me that two people in my grade were talking about me. One said "I think Karla's pregnant."

When she told me I LAUGHED WITHOUT END!

Rumors... cruel? Very... especially bad ones

Am I putting on weight or something? I don't think I am....

You know, I actually thought of saying to someone really loudly... "Am I showing?" BUT that would probably make it a lot worse than it already is.

They'll soon realize either it wasn't true, or that I had an abortion but I wasn't pregnant in the first place....

Although it didn't bother me... people are talking about me behind my back which is BAD. Teenagers are the worst crowd ever. That's kind of why I can't wait to go to college but whatever, I'll try not to let it bother me.

So that brings me back to my original question...

Teenagers... cruel? Yes or No

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
I'll just say you couldn't pay me to be sixteen again.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
...and present company excepted, lets add, Stupid, dense, selfish, smelly, smug, self righteous, disrespectful, silly, naive, and the best of all, "KNOW-IT-ALL's.... Had three of those little bastards and couldn't wait for them to grow out of,,,,well,,,being little bastards....lol.....

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
People say I'm mature because I don't do ANY of that rumor stuff. I'm the nicest person ever, but people choose to take advantage of me. Why oh why does that have to be true for nice people?! But yeah, Don, I am quite the exception. :tongue

Don Allen

Registered
Reaction score
People say I'm mature because I don't do ANY of that rumor stuff. I'm the nicest person ever, but people choose to take advantage of me. Why oh why does that have to be true for nice people?! But yeah, Don, I am quite the exception. :tongue

I believe you are... Let me share something with you that i told my daughter some years ago when in a similar situation. When you get out of high school, you'll be lucky if you ever see any of the numb-nuts you see everyday now --ever again... It doesn't matter what rumors they start, as long as you know the truth,,, they'll all be a distant memory in a year or two for you so remember the 2 rules of life...Rule #1.. Don't sweat the small stuff.... Rule #2 Everything is small stuff....

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
thanks Don! That was really well said! I'll never forget that now. :]

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
College isn't all that much better- a lot more fun- but still just as viscious-

ErylRavenwell

Banned
Reaction score
Look on the bright side. If everybody's been fretting about you, you must be pretty popular there...or scandalous (like I was in high school). Either way, they think you're cool. :D

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I mentioned to my mom once some hurtful things kids were saying about me in school.

She said, "You're lucky."

I thought she was insane. "Lucky? Are you crazy? Didn't you hear a word I said?"

"Sure I did. At least they're talking about you. It doesn't matter what they say, as long as you're the topic of their discussion. It means you're not invisible, and important enough to talk about."

That last part made me feel better, for some strange reason.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
high school sucks.

I can't even watch movies or television series based in high school, it was such a negative experience for me.

take heart in the fact that while you're going to college and getting a higher education and moving upwards and onwards the majority of them will be scratching their butts and asking "You want fries with dat?"

:)

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
It is the same no matter what age you are--guys are bad but easier to check. Gals are harder when they are snarky --my grandma told me it is usually jealousy that spurs it--your cuter your smarter--but i think it is insecurity! They don't believe in themselves so they want to bring you down--Just be the best you can be and remember what goes around comes around--and you have my permission to laugh when Karma smacks them in the head.:Hug2:hang in there:)
This kind of made my day even though it's a bad thing.

My cousin told me that she heard my name 5 times in the hallway in one day 2 weeks ago.Then she told me that two people in my grade were talking about me. One said "I think Karla's pregnant."

When she told me I LAUGHED WITHOUT END!

Rumors... cruel? Very... especially bad ones

Am I putting on weight or something? I don't think I am....

You know, I actually thought of saying to someone really loudly... "Am I showing?" BUT that would probably make it a lot worse than it already is.

They'll soon realize either it wasn't true, or that I had an abortion but I wasn't pregnant in the first place....

Although it didn't bother me... people are talking about me behind my back which is BAD. Teenagers are the worst crowd ever. That's kind of why I can't wait to go to college but whatever, I'll try not to let it bother me.

So that brings me back to my original question...

Teenagers... cruel? Yes or No

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Teenagers are cruel, yes. High school was awful for me...thanks especially to one bone-headed boy who liked to tease me in crude ways about my red hair. (It's dyed now, and it'll stay that way, but because I like it, lol!) Here's the irony...he was a redhead, too.

They're cruel because they're all going through their own crap, and sadly, that's how a lot of people make themselves feel better: by attacking/dragging down others. It's a reflection of them, and it says ABSOLUTELY nothing about you. And yeah, even though it doesn't always help, try to remember that high school is only part of your life. There is so much more to come, and most of it will be a LOT better.

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
A lot of terrible things went on in my high school. A bunch of rich kids with nothing to do but drugs? And party in their parents' ridiculously expensive mansions? Yeah. Good times. *rolls eyes* (Not to say I didn't party or anything. I did. We all just paid the social price of being social.)

However, I am still VERY good friends with at least half a dozen people from my graduating class. My roommate is from high school, in fact.

Shockingly, all of my friends (and I) were the ones on financial aid. The rich snots were all horror shows. Coincidence? Maybe. But I'm not a big believer in coincidence.

Paichka

The BIC-Believer
Registered
Reaction score
I believe you are... Let me share something with you that i told my daughter some years ago when in a similar situation. When you get out of high school, you'll be lucky if you ever see any of the numb-nuts you see everyday now --ever again... It doesn't matter what rumors they start, as long as you know the truth,,, they'll all be a distant memory in a year or two for you so remember the 2 rules of life...Rule #1.. Don't sweat the small stuff.... Rule #2 Everything is small stuff....

Bwa-ha-ha.

I actually went to a fantastic high school -- it was a magnet school so we all were very smart and slightly nerdy. It was a wonderful, permissive atmosphere where very few people acted like jerks.

My middle school, however, is in the running for the 3rd circle of hell. I was miserable, picked on, Mean Girl-ed, etc etc. I used to cry myself to sleep every night and every morning before having to go, because this trio of "popular girls" was so mean to me. They made fun of my glasses, my red hair, the fact that I was painfully shy...it was awful. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. (Bear with me, I do have a point)

Senior year of college, my best friend and I were hanging out at TGIFs over summer break. I was by this point a Division I athlete, had gotten lasik, was about to be commissioned a 2LT in the Army...and while we were at the bar, these three girls who'd made my life hell during Middle School came up to 'chat'. While talking to them, I realized how small all of that stuff had been, and how little they meant in the grand scheme of things.

It sucks AT THE TIME -- it sucks HORRIBLY at the time -- but college is so much better, and the real world just rocks. Well, I assume the real world rocks. I haven't seen much of it since college. Yay deployments. :)

Hang in there.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Everybody is cruel, everywhere. Get used to it. There will be rare circumstances when you find a situation in your life when you are completely comfortable and content with the people around you and what you are doing. . . hold on to that.

That being said, high school is cruel, college is cruel, the world is cruel. Don't vote Republican.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Yes, they are cruel. They were cruel in the 70's when I was in school, and they still are. Now though, it's worse because they're all hopped up on Vodka and Red Bull.

Sonneillon

Autophobic Misanthrope
Registered
Reaction score
I'll just say you couldn't pay me to be sixteen again.

I agree. There isn't enough money in the world. My advice? If someone tells you "these are the best years of your life!" you need to punch them in the face. That phrase could very likely cause a large number of teens to commit suicide if they took it too seriously.

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Exterminate them all. Except the ones who write.

Don Allen

Registered
Reaction score
KC I have to tell you this one story that happened to me in high school and its really not a big deal, but in a way it is.... There was this girl who had natural silverish almost pure white blond hair. It was truly beautiful, though in all honesty she wasn't the prettiest of girls her hair was amazing. One day, in gym class her and I were teamed up to do something, I don't even remember, and I was pretty cool back in he day, nothing to brag about, but i hung with most everyone, you know what I mean? So,, I started a conversation with this girl, like this... Look, I'm not hitting on you, and I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I wanted to tell you that you have the most amazingly beautiful hair I've ever seen... She looked straight into my eyes to see if I was bullshitting her, and finally said,,,"Thanks, that's nice of you to say."

Now, after that one day and that one class I didn't see her again, but when we graduated, she came up to me and asked if she could write something in my yearbook, ofcourse I sad sure. She wrote that in the 4 years of high school I was the nicest guy she ever met because, I was never a jerk to her... I know in the big picture this dosen't mean much, but I was never so touched by something because I was just trying to tell her something without sounding like I was hitting on her, and it worked... Just thought I'd share.......

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
KC I have to tell you this one story that happened to me in high school and its really not a big deal, but in a way it is.... There was this girl who had natural silverish almost pure white blond hair. It was truly beautiful, though in all honesty she wasn't the prettiest of girls her hair was amazing. One day, in gym class her and I were teamed up to do something, I don't even remember, and I was pretty cool back in he day, nothing to brag about, but i hung with most everyone, you know what I mean? So,, I started a conversation with this girl, like this... Look, I'm not hitting on you, and I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I wanted to tell you that you have the most amazingly beautiful hair I've ever seen... She looked straight into my eyes to see if I was bullshitting her, and finally said,,,"Thanks, that's nice of you to say."

Now, after that one day and that one class I didn't see her again, but when we graduated, she came up to me and asked if she could write something in my yearbook, ofcourse I sad sure. She wrote that in the 4 years of high school I was the nicest guy she ever met because, I was never a jerk to her... I know in the big picture this dosen't mean much, but I was never so touched by something because I was just trying to tell her something without sounding like I was hitting on her, and it worked... Just thought I'd share.......

it's just nicer, to be, nice.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Everybody is cruel, everywhere. Get used to it. There will be rare circumstances when you find a situation in your life when you are completely comfortable and content with the people around you and what you are doing. . . hold on to that.

That being said, high school is cruel, college is cruel, the world is cruel. Don't vote Republican.

There are cruel, lying adults out there, too. (I use the term loosely - they're old but they're still cruel and stupid). :tongue Sorry. S'truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.