Relapse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was off the stuff man. Three months clean. No sodas, no coffee, no tea. I was caffeine free baby. I'd kicked the habit, cold turkey, from at least one Full Throttle a day to strictly water and juice.

But then I had to stay up late last night. And just had to wake up too tired to think straight this morning. I was left with no choice I tells ya! I didn't wanna do it!

Incidentally, if you haven't had any caffeine in over 90 days and then you just suddenly down two full energy drinks (two, because after the 1st one had the audacity to not immediately kick in you imprudently downed its twin as well) you end up spending most of the day praying that your heart won't explode and thinking that the only way to keep your heart from exploding is to remain in perpetual motion. I feel like I could take on a small army of Columbian hitmen who've invaded my extravagant Miami mansion.

Anybody else's 2008 resolutions (mine actually started before 2008, as I generally reject that whole idea of planning resolutions around the New Year, but I digress) gone to hell already?

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. I've already fallen off the daily flossing wagon. You just gotta dust yourself off and climb back on.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nope. I don't do New Year's resolutions. But I liked your Scarface thingy too much to let it slide by without commenting. :D

Hilarious.

Oh, and I recommend you stay away from those "Five Hour Energy" shots. They sound harmless enough, but my gosh! I'm a hardened caffeine addict, and I thought I was going to have a heart attack on that stuff! It supposedly has the same amount of caffeine as one cup of coffee, but whatever IS in it is nasty.

Just a public service announcement in case you need a boost some other time...

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Holy crap, Jcomp, two? I had RedBull and vodka once. I don't even think it was made with the whole can. I've never felt so polluted in all my life. what the hell's in the stuff anyway?

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
what the hell's in the stuff anyway?

Not exactly sure, but here on the label it says "Now With 50% More Hyperactive Paranoia!!"

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Not exactly sure, but here on the label it says "Now With 50% More Hyperactive Paranoia!!"
A bargain at twice the price. I'll fax you a Xanax and you'll be right as rain. You'll also have highly flammable urine for the next 72 hours, but I trust you're carrying around a fire extinguisher right about now anyway, so all's well...

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I was off the stuff man. Three months clean. No sodas, no coffee, no tea. I was caffeine free baby. I'd kicked the habit, cold turkey.
Therein lies your problem.... You got to have hot turkey, with cranberry sauce and gravy. :e2brows: It works every time!

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
geez, turky! We know you're hot and all but shouldn't you warn him about ... er ..

nevermind:poke:

Glad you're relatively unscathed, JComp. At least you didn't come to in the ER or somthin'

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I gave up caffeine for lent one year, and thought I would kill everyone in rush hour traffic every flippin' morning.

I promptly went back to caffeine. I figured out the heart exploding thing though. If you are stationary and your heart is in a mosh pit in your chest, it will beat itself silly and explode. If you move around with it, your movement cushions some of the blows it's taking - shock absorption, therefore your heart does not explode.

Nothing can bring you back down but time, my friend.

I, on the other hand, chose to just stay up and haven't tried to cut myself off the juice since.

kellytijer

What the hell is going on?!
Registered
Reaction score
Holy crap, Jcomp, two? I had RedBull and vodka once. I don't even think it was made with the whole can. I've never felt so polluted in all my life. what the hell's in the stuff anyway?

I don't know, but it makes my pee fluorescent.

sandyn

AW Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
Gotta have my coffee. It's one of my very few vices, the other main one being ice cream (but it is low fat.)

In fact, my cholesterol is so good I had a doctor recently ask if I was on cholesterol medicine. I'm not. I'm just good at keeping it under control. A few years back it went to 218 and my doctor at that time had me watch my diet, i.e. cut out fat, etc. I also take garlic twice a day (non-odorous type so I don't offend.)

But coffee. I'd have a hard time giving that up...

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
After a severe, full-blown, oh-my-god-I'm-gonna-scream-or-kill-someone panic attack in the middle of Wal-Mart during a caffeine high last summer, I quit too. Only the fear of having another one of those panic attacks keeps me on the wagon. But I *really* love my coffee, so now I drink decaf, which still has a little caffeine in it, but not in heart-exploding amounts.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I am massively addicted to soda or, more specifically, I think, to corn syrup. Quitting has been nasty, and I have fallen off the wagon once or twice, but I'm still alive and kickin, (and having sudden CRAVINGS this week...)

I've also been off corn syrup for a couple of months, I think, but I must have had something bad in the past couple of days to trigger these cravings.

Status
Not open for further replies.