PDA

View Full Version : I love how much spam I get.

juneafternoon
03-13-2008, 01:03 AM
It's hilarious. I get like 50 spam messages a day, and I gotta wonder where these people are getting my email. I don't post it around.

Speaking of which, am I supposed to be tempted by subject headings such as, "12 inches in heaven!" or "Sha-ZAM, make it GROW!"? I appreciate the, erm, creativity, but honestly, target someone who has one...

dreamsofnever
03-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Oh man, you get penis spam too? My email address is VERY feminine, and yet they still target me. lol!

and that is why I seriously contemplate getting rid of my yahoo email address, because gmail catches ALL the spam. and whenever I log into my spam folder to delete, they have spam recipes at the top of it, which always gives me a laugh :)

reenkam
03-13-2008, 10:24 AM
"Sha-ZAM make it GROW!" is pretty creative, lol

You can hear the way it would be said and everything.

CACTUSWENDY
03-13-2008, 10:41 AM
You don't have a spam blocker?......

juneafternoon
03-13-2008, 01:52 PM
I do. But it still astonishes me how much crap I get, consider I never post my email address anywhere. >.<

brokenfingers
03-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah, but the ones I really love are the ones with titles that make absolutley no freakin' sense.

Like this gem I found in my yahoo bulk (spam) folder just now: "sexual bklq vx Eighteen dhzi p."

That said, I use both yahoo and gmail.

My yahoo email, which I've had for like 10 years and so it's been used quite often, is pretty good at blocking spam. I get spurts now and then, but nothing that bugs me.

My gmail gets none whatsoever cuz I only use it for personal correspondence.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-13-2008, 03:48 PM
If you've ever received an e-card 'cause someone loved you enough to post your email addy for you to a site you'd likely not ever visit yourself... you might be a spam victim. If you've ever been the one to send the e-card... you might be a spam victim. If you've ever ordered anything online that required an email address... if you've registered on any site for any reason... you might be spam victim.

And now it's spreading to my cell phone.

May all spammers die horrible deaths and rot in hell while being pelted with a never-ending rain of liquefied, purulent spam puke.

KTC
03-13-2008, 03:49 PM
I get well over 500 spams a day. Mostly about universities, oddly? Well...and the penis.

robeiae
03-13-2008, 05:48 PM
I get well over 500 spams a day. Mostly about universities, oddly?
That's not spam. That's appropriately targeted advertising...

KTC
03-13-2008, 05:50 PM
That's not spam. That's appropriately targeted advertising...

There's a penis university?

inkkognito
03-13-2008, 05:54 PM
and that is why I seriously contemplate getting rid of my yahoo email address, because gmail catches ALL the spam. and whenever I log into my spam folder to delete, they have spam recipes at the top of it, which always gives me a laugh :)
Amen to Gmail! Yahoo has way too many annoying animated ads and lets through ton of spam. Gmail only lets one through maybe once or twice a month. You do have to be cautious tho', as twice I caught Gmail putting a legitimate response from an editor into my spam folder. Not sure what tripped it off. But overall its superiority to Yahoo amazes me. I love the Label feature too.

DWSTXS
03-13-2008, 07:22 PM
everyone gets the pe-noos spam. Everyobody.

I think too, that the new 'fad' with spammers, is deliberate misspellings, to get past spam filters. I get 20-30 a day, and never once have i been tempted to elongate my manhood.

Here's what I just got, moments ago, from Date.com - Someone has sent you an email
which is strange, because I've never used date.com (nor will I)

Has anyone been getting these 'powerful Mind Control techniques' e-mails? I get as many of those as I do the sex stuff.