PDA

View Full Version : YA and Adult Fantasy Fiction Mentor Wanted

Lapillus
03-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Hello,

I’ve posted a couple first chapters on the critter board and received under-whelming replies. I’m not complaining, honestly! The point I’m trying to make is that I finally stuck my head out there and now know how much work my writing needs, and I’m very thankful for the realization and to those who did help me. I have direction now. The general consensus so far is that I tell too much and don’t show enough, but I’m wondering what other aspects of appeal my writing (or my stories) lacks as well.

So, I’m looking for someone interested in being a mentor to me, preferably someone willing to really work with me and be honest about the quality of my writing. I truly want to improve and work towards publishable material. I'm willing to offer whatever help I can to anyone willing to take me on, whether its proof-reading, idea bouncing, or encouragement, etc.

I have works in progress that range MG to YA to Adult Fantasy Fiction. I'm trying to figure out where my voice, style, and passion fit best.

My main project right now is a YA fantasy and this would probably be our starting point, but I am not at all opposed to starting a completely fresh story if it would be easier to proceed that way. I'm pretty frustrated with everything I have started.

If you would like to get to know me more before agreeing we can chat or exchange e-mails. I won't hold anyone to anything if we aren't compatible or if my writing is hopeless! :)

Thank you anyone who considers.

Lapillus
03-13-2008, 03:50 AM
I found a wonderful someone willing to help me, so I won't be needing any more replies unless something falls though.

Thank you to anyone else who would have considered!

padnar
03-13-2008, 09:37 AM
I dont know why whenever I offer to read
there is someone to help
padma