PDA

View Full Version : I can't remember the title - can you help?

anomalies
03-12-2008, 03:02 PM
It was a black and white sci-fi/horror movie that came out either in the very late 50's or early 60's. Evil alien men in black were featured in this movie. Their eyes had no pupils and if you looked at their eyes something bad happened to you. There were chase scenes and dramatic music. I have no idea who made the film, who acted in it or anything else useful.

How can I find out the name of this movie? Any help will be appreciated, but unrewarded, except for this: :e2flowers

Calla Lily
03-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm a bad 50s SF movie fiend, but this isn't telling me enough. Can you be more specific? What happened, exactly, when people looked into the pupilless eyes? Was there a spaceship? Was there the obligatory "real science" moment when the hero did his "As you know, Bob" bit about eyes, or brain function, or whatever the movie's gimmick was? Did it have a hard-nosed female reporter type or a screaming helpless wife/GF running around in heels and a flowing white nightgown?

C.bronco
03-12-2008, 05:05 PM
try searching on www.imdb.com

anomalies
03-13-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm a bad 50s SF movie fiend, but this isn't telling me enough. Can you be more specific? What happened, exactly, when people looked into the pupilless eyes? Was there a spaceship? Was there the obligatory "real science" moment when the hero did his "As you know, Bob" bit about eyes, or brain function, or whatever the movie's gimmick was? Did it have a hard-nosed female reporter type or a screaming helpless wife/GF running around in heels and a flowing white nightgown?

The aliens came in a space ship (not the focus of the movie) and intimidated citizens by going to their homes and telling them to keep quiet, etc. They had pasty complexions and wore dark sunglasses, like men in black that have regularly been reported in the sixties (associated with real UFO cases).

I think but can't remember for sure (I was tiny when I saw this movie) that their cars were ignited and they burned to death at the end.

Don't remember much else.

I can't remember if the victims who looked into the white eyes of the MIB became frozen or went crazy or whatever.

anomalies
03-13-2008, 09:46 AM
try searching on www.imdb.com (http://www.imdb.com)

Thank you, but no luck there either.

Calla Lily
03-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Imdb didn't quite give me enough, but could it be The Incredibly Strange People Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies?

anomalies
03-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Imdb didn't quite give me enough, but could it be The Incredibly Strange People Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies?

You are so kind to try and help me, Lily. Thank you so much.

No zombies. No carnival or circus, so that's not it.

Thanks again for trying to help me. I have been trying to find this movie for a long, long time.

Calla Lily
03-13-2008, 06:35 PM
This is so way insanely bugging me. Give me anything else you remember from the movie. Toss it all in. Maybe something will ring a bell.

anomalies
03-14-2008, 10:02 AM
The men in black posed as government agents, but obviously were not. They intimidated all the people they went to visit. They would tell them not to divulge anything they saw (UFOs). They were menacing and a bit robotic.

Their eyes had no pupils - just whites. They covered them with dark sunglasses. When they took them off and you looked into their white eyes, you became hypnotised or something.

They (as their name implies) wore black suits. They were all tall and very thin. They also wore light colored shirts (white?) and thin dark ties (also black?). They had pasty white skin color. They looked similar to one another.

They drove dark, modern sedans - big cars. I would say, based on the car's look, the film was from the very early sixties. A lot of the film was shot outdoors. It was always sunny. I do not recall any mountains or very much greenery. There were car chase scenes.

I'm fairly certain their car caught fire somehow at the end of the movie.

That's about all I can remember.

Thanks, Lily!

Calla Lily
03-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Give me the weekend to play ferret. I'll report progress (or lack thereof) Sunday night.

Jcomp
03-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Well hell, now I'm dying to know too...

Shadow_Ferret
03-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Give me the weekend to play ferret.
*bites his tongue*

Calla Lily
03-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Now, Shadow, you know I meant "intense research."

Shadow_Ferret
03-14-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm all over that. What sort of research will we be doing? ;)

anomalies
03-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Give me the weekend to play ferret. I'll report progress (or lack thereof) Sunday night.

Okay, thank you! I still am not having any luck.

anomalies
03-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Well hell, now I'm dying to know too...

You know, Jcomp, I was never able to completely forget this movie. For some reason (I was tiny) it gave me nightmares. Now I wanna see it again! Figures, huh? :hi:

anomalies
03-14-2008, 11:52 PM
*bites his tongue*

:roll:

lute
03-15-2008, 12:19 AM

That movie is hilarious. I loved the Mystery Science Theater 3000 commentary of this one. Killed me. (Note: Isn't it "creatures" rather than "people"?)

Bufty
03-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Are you sure it was a film and not a TV series?

Celia Cyanide
03-15-2008, 12:35 AM
That movie is hilarious. I loved the Mystery Science Theater 3000 commentary of this one. Killed me. (Note: Isn't it "creatures" rather than "people"?)

Yup. Although I don't think there were any creatures in it. Or zombies, mixed up or otherwise.

Shadow_Ferret
03-15-2008, 12:40 AM
That's what I was wondering, too. Like something from the Outer Limits.

I hope we find the answer, because I have a movie or television episode that is driving me nuts, too.

Celia Cyanide
03-15-2008, 01:12 AM
What is it, Ferret?

Calla Lily
03-15-2008, 02:30 AM
I just spent a very frustrating hour scouring the Net.

Nothing close, even in the original Outer Limits TV series.

There are a bunch of alien movies similar to yours, but nothing fits all of it. I quit for the night.

Anyone else have any luck?

rugcat
03-15-2008, 02:42 AM
Maybe it was a dream.

Plot Device
03-15-2008, 02:42 AM
Try going back to imdb.com, but go to their message boards. They have a special sub-forum called "I Need to Know" where you can pose this exact sort of question to all the film buffs there. That one sub-forum has a huge following of very vigilant walking, talking, human film encyclopedias. You usually get a reply in less than ten minutes.

TheIT
03-15-2008, 02:46 AM
And if you do get an answer, please post it here. At this point, we all want to know!

:D

Mr Flibble
03-15-2008, 03:05 AM
hey (as their name implies) wore black suits. They were all tall and very thin. They also wore light colored shirts (white?) and thin dark ties (also black?). They had pasty white skin color. They looked similar to one another.

They drove dark, modern sedans - big cars.

Why am I reminded of the Matrix?

Proto Agent Smith!

anomalies
03-15-2008, 09:34 AM

Yes, it was a movie. My sister and brother and I were dropped off at the theater every Saturday to watch B movies. They were all sci-fi/horror. It was fun to be out (made me feel big) with older kids - no parents!

anomalies
03-15-2008, 09:36 AM
I just spent a very frustrating hour scouring the Net.

Nothing close, even in the original Outer Limits TV series.

There are a bunch of alien movies similar to yours, but nothing fits all of it. I quit for the night.

Anyone else have any luck?

You've done enough, Lily! Far beyond anything I had hoped for. Now I feel guilty for having asked for help. I am so sorry!

Thanks for all your efforts!

anomalies
03-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Try going back to imdb.com, but go to their message boards. They have a special sub-forum called "I Need to Know" where you can pose this exact sort of question to all the film buffs there. That one sub-forum has a huge following of very vigilant walking, talking, human film encyclopedias. You usually get a reply in less than ten minutes.

Thank you so much, Plot Device!

anomalies
03-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Why am I reminded of the Matrix?

Proto Agent Smith!

I should ask the Wachowski brothers if they know it!

katiemac
03-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Maybe?

THE EARTH DIES SCREAMING (1964/Lippert/TCF.) 64mins. BW. UK.
Credits: Dir: Terence Fisher; Prod: Robert L. Lippert & Jack Parsons; Sc: Henry Cross; Ph: Arthur Lavis; Ed: Robert Winter & Clive Smith; Art: George Provis; Mu: Harold Fletcher; Mus: Elisabeth Lutyens.
Cast: Willard Parker, Virginia Field, Dennis Price, Thorley Walters, Vanda Godsell, David Spenser, Anna Palk.
A test pilot returns to a quiet English village to find that everyone is dead, killed by robotic aliens who then touch the corpses to revive them as eyeless zombies. A handful of survivors seek refuge in an old army barracks where they find a strange transmitter sending orders to the invaders. They smash the device and immobilise the menace.

Otherwise, sift through this site (http://www.missinglinkclassichorror.co.uk/azmovies.htm).

anomalies
03-16-2008, 12:27 AM
That's not it, because of this description, "Large robots with clear-domed heads roam the streets killing anyone that they come in contact with."

But thanks for another place to look!

anomalies
03-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Hi, katiemac. I searched that site using the words, "white eyes" and "no pupils" and came up empty.

Thanks again for trying to help.

anomalies
03-16-2008, 12:41 AM
No luck over at the IMDb I Need to Know board

otterman
03-16-2008, 02:12 AM
It could be Not of this World (1957). A man in a business suit and sunglasses roams around a small town, the glasses cover his white eyes. It turns out he's an alien vampire searching for blood.
Possible?

Celia Cyanide
03-17-2008, 10:07 AM
And if you do get an answer, please post it here. At this point, we all want to know!

:D

Totally. I want to see it. It sounds cool.

Calla Lily
03-17-2008, 03:28 PM
I had no more luck. Sorry!

anomalies
03-18-2008, 09:34 AM
It could be Not of this World (1957). A man in a business suit and sunglasses roams around a small town, the glasses cover his white eyes. It turns out he's an alien vampire searching for blood.
Possible?

Hi, Otterman. Plot: "The film is about a humanoid agent, transported to Earth from the fictional planet Davanna, where a blood-degenerating plague is killing the populace. His mission is to find compatible blood in Earth humans to send back to his home planet for transfusion purposes; to achieve his ends, he is empowered by death-ray emitting eyes and a nightmarish flying octopus-like creature with vampiric capabilities."

That isn't it. But thanks!

anomalies
03-18-2008, 09:36 AM
I found this cool list of old movies. It doesn't have plots or anything, but I can guess at the title. Wish me luck. You bet if I find it, I'll post it.

http://www.dukelabs.com/Sci-Fi/SciFi_Horror_Monster_Movies.htm

Thanks everybody for helping me!

Dibley
03-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Here's a site with another list of similar films.
http://www.squidoo.com/atomiccinema
Yes, we would all love to know! Working hard to find it for you (and my own personal curiosity!)

anomalies
03-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi, Dibley. Thanks for the link. It wasn't among those listed unfortunately. (sigh)