PDA

View Full Version : A most personal question.

mum23
03-12-2008, 02:11 PM
What is the most personal question you have been asked by someone you don't know?

dpaterso
03-12-2008, 02:25 PM
:e2point: That question right there.

-Derek

mum23
03-12-2008, 04:34 PM
LOL, walked into that one didn't I?

It was funnies I was after, rather than wanting to know the inside measurement, for a one liner for my wip. No worries, got what I was after.

Maryn
03-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Geez, there are so many. They fall into two main categories, money and sex.

How much do you make, anyway?

What did you guys pay for this house?

How much do you still owe on your mortgage?

What did you spend on Christmas/your vacation/the funeral?

Were you trying to get pregnant or is this an accident?

Do you shave down there?

Do you guys do anything kinky?

Are you on your period?

People don't seem to have any idea of boundaries, eh?

Maryn, whose answers tended to be flippant rather than the cold stare and silence the question merited

sunna
03-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Do you believe in god?

Have you ever wanted to kiss a girl?

Did you have a good childhood?

Do you love your parents?

Oddly, all but one of them occurred while I was on some form of public transport...

bluntforcetrauma
03-12-2008, 04:49 PM
What's in your wallet? :?D

auntybug
03-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Are those real?

DWSTXS
03-12-2008, 05:06 PM
A pushy woman once snapped at me, 'Do you believe in God?'

my answer, 'Yes, but you're not him.'

C.bronco
03-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Are you gonna vote in the Bogus Bio Contest?
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2136053&postcount=1
;)
That's the link, right up above these letters.

EriRae
03-12-2008, 05:10 PM
I had one of those moments the other day. "So I hear you wrote a novel. Can I read it?" I wanted to scream, "Lady, I don't even know you!" But I didn't. I wish I would've said, "Sure, you can buy it when it's published."

maestrowork
03-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Do you ever take a shower? I get that a lot. So rude!

Inky
03-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Are those black children yours?

Yep. Their dad is well hung, and I needed attention from society.

My smart ass answer was WELL worth the look on that byach's face.

pollykahl
03-12-2008, 05:16 PM
When they see our house, "What do you do for a living," or even worse, like I'm a Stepford wife, "What does your husband do?"

"How much did you pay for this?"

About my height: "How's the weather up there?" and "Do you play basketball?"

About my children: "Are you breastfeeding?" "Cesarean or vaginal?"

"Have you claimed Christ as your lord and personal savior?" and "Have you been saved?"

...and my personal fave, which was asked of me in a gay bar: "Are you a real woman?" (um, last time I looked.)

Don Allen
03-12-2008, 05:31 PM
RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO PERSONAL.......!!!

Inky
03-12-2008, 05:34 PM
RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO PERSONAL.......!!!
Only if he provides a scratch & sniff...

Don Allen
03-12-2008, 05:35 PM
My wife is 20 years younger and I actually had some asshole ask me this question: God! she's so young, isn't like having sex with your daughter? Without skipping a beat I said "NO, not at all, my daughter is 3 years older. The look on this guys face was priceless..... ( met him playing basketball, and schooled him, he was ten years younger) Haven't seen him since.....

Sarita
03-12-2008, 05:36 PM
"Are you really blonde? Prove it."

Um, not at work, Bob...

stormie
03-12-2008, 05:40 PM
"Why are you so short?" (This from an adult.)
I was floored by that one, so I just shrugged my shoulders.

oneblindmouse
03-12-2008, 05:50 PM
"Are you one of the Saved?" (I'm not even dead yet!)

DWSTXS
03-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Are those black children yours?

Yep. Their dad is well hung, and I needed attention from society.

My smart ass answer was WELL worth the look on that byach's face.

that's genius

maestrowork
03-12-2008, 05:57 PM
I love this one:

Do all Asians have small penises?

Nah, only the females.

mum23
03-12-2008, 06:01 PM
[quote=pollykahl;2146751]

About my children: "Cesarean or vaginal?"

quote]

Fantastic!!!

Inky
03-12-2008, 06:03 PM
that's genius

Bitchy answers come naturally.:D

WendyNYC
03-12-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm adopted and I get questions about my "real" parents CONSTANTLY, including "Why do you think she gave you up?"

DeleyanLee
03-12-2008, 06:08 PM
When I was still married to my ex-husband (who's black), I got "Is it true, what they say about--THEM?"

My general reply was "If you can't say it, I'm not telling you."

Inky
03-12-2008, 06:09 PM
I love this one:

Do all Asians have small penises?

Nah, only the females.
I've been asked the same crass question--other direction--regarding black penises.

I simply shrug & say: Never been able to wrap my tongue 'round it, so I can't give you an answer.

Most are horrifed by my vulgarity--which is only when provoked (tongue in cheek).

mum23
03-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Bitchy answers come naturally.:D

See, now they don't for me. I go dumb.
Apart from the time I was in the supermarket in the hand baskets only aisle. My daughter 3, was sat in the trolley. I had 4 pints of milk (in 1 carton) a loaf of bread and some fabric conditioner. Quite clearly 3 items. I don't use a hand basket as she tends to run off so I sit her in the trolley where she can't escape.
One wise a$$ customer, looked at me and said, "Do you know this aisle is for hand baskets only?" To which I replied, "Yeah but have you tried sitting a 3 year old in a hand basket?" No response!

Inky
03-12-2008, 06:11 PM
How old were you when you lost your virginity?

Ask your husband.

Inky
03-12-2008, 06:14 PM
See, now they don't for me. I go dumb.
Apart from the time I was in the supermarket in the hand baskets only aisle. My daughter 3, was sat in the trolley. I had 4 pints of milk (in 1 carton) a loaf of bread and some fabric conditioner. Quite clearly 3 items. I don't use a hand basket as she tends to run off so I sit her in the trolley where she can't escape.
One wise a$$ customer, looked at me and said, "Do you know this aisle is for hand baskets only?" To which I replied, "Yeah but have you tried sitting a 3 year old in a hand basket?" No response!

"Yes, and THAT isle over there is for hags...if you hurry, there's no one waiting, you'll be first in line..."

mum23
03-12-2008, 06:16 PM
"Yes, and THAT isle over there is for hags...if you hurry, there's no one waiting, you'll be first in line..."

Classic!!!! Inky, I am in stitches. Who's the daddy??????

mum23
03-12-2008, 06:19 PM
I can't write now!!! I am laughing sooooooo much.

Inky
03-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Classic!!!! Inky, I am in stitches. Who's the daddy??????

My brother's son, but we just call him Bubba Jr.--Bay-Bay, if he's acting up.

oneblindmouse
03-12-2008, 07:05 PM

You are just tooooo funny! Wish I could come up with instant put-downs like that!

Bravo
03-12-2008, 07:08 PM
women come up to me and ask me personal questions all the time.

the other day this chick goes:

"bravo, you are so incredibly sexy, what's your secret?"

isn't it obvious?

DWSTXS
03-12-2008, 07:22 PM
women come up to me and ask me personal questions all the time.

the other day this chick goes:

"bravo, you are so incredibly sexy, what's your secret?"

isn't it obvious?

and then her seeing-eye dog bit you? :)

Bravo
03-12-2008, 07:30 PM
and the other day i was sitting in a coffee shop minding my own business when this girl sitting across goes:

hey you mind taking off your shirt?

and i get "can i feel your arms?" and "touch your chiseled face?" a lot too.

very rude.

JLCwrites
03-12-2008, 07:30 PM
My 3 year old asked a woman at the park....

"Whats in your tummy?"

The woman wasn't pregnant.

MoonWriter
03-12-2008, 07:48 PM
and the other day i was sitting in a coffee shop minding my own business when this girl sitting across goes:

very rude.

A most personal queston for you, Bravo: Are you sure that's confectioners' sugar on your beignet?

Bravo
03-12-2008, 08:16 PM
A most personal queston for you, Bravo: Are you sure that's confectioners' sugar on your beignet?

i have no idea what a beignet is.

are you hitting on me?

Stew21
03-12-2008, 08:25 PM
I ask most of my inappropriately personal questions to people on AW.

In some cases, due to their nature, they must be asked in rep points.

James81
03-12-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't know about the most personal question I've ever been asked, but I once had a complete stranger drive up to me while I was smoking outside a Taco Bell on vacation and tell me that if I didn't stop smoking I would become impotent. He told me that God told him to tell me that.

maestrowork
03-12-2008, 09:04 PM

very rude.

Gay guys are hawt.

Bravo
03-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Gay guys are hawt.

stop PMing your pic to me, ray.

Sarita
03-12-2008, 10:26 PM
In some cases, due to their nature, they must be asked in rep points.True! Someone once asked me how often I was spanked as an adult in a rep point. Silly.

Susie
03-12-2008, 10:47 PM
How much chocolate DO you eat? Not that I want to know, Sara, but have you ever been spanked as an adult? :D

Sarita
03-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Not that I want to know, Sara, but have you ever been spanked as an adult? :DI've been married for most of my adult years. So, that's a no.

Susie! I'm shocked and appalled that you would ask me that! Sara! I'm shocked and appalled that you answered her!

stormie
03-12-2008, 11:08 PM
And I'm shocked and appalled that no one--NO ONE--mentioned "Coffee Alert!" when they posted. Now I have to go clean off my keyboard.

Susie
03-12-2008, 11:12 PM
I've been married for most of my adult years. So, that's a no.

Susie! I'm shocked and appalled that you would ask me that! Sara! I'm shocked and appalled that you answered her!

OOOOOO, what fun, I love shocked and appalled. Great people! :D

Sarita
03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
OOOOOO, what fun, I love shocked and appalled. Great people! :D
And I love me some Susie! :D

Inky
03-13-2008, 01:37 PM
My 3 year old asked a woman at the park....

"Whats in your tummy?"

The woman wasn't pregnant.

:scared:

When Dev was 3 & we were shopping, a woman bent over (while wearing hoochie-mamma shorts) to retrieve some item on a bottom shelf...to which my daughter yelled: CHEEEEEEKS!!!!

Inky
03-13-2008, 01:46 PM
I've been married for most of my adult years. So, that's a no.

You're not supposed to be spanked as an adult?
*glowers at husband* FREAK!

mum23
03-13-2008, 06:26 PM
You're not supposed to be spanked as an adult?
*glowers at husband* FREAK!

Looks like my evenings entertainment is out then!

Jersey Chick
03-13-2008, 06:28 PM
A co-worker asked me if I'd had a lot of sex on my honeymoon. Not only too personal, but really kinda dumb, if you ask me. BTW, he almost ended up getting fired for sexual harassment (I didn't report him, but he said something to one of our young interns and she did. Ooops.)

davids
03-13-2008, 06:36 PM
enjoying this thread even though it is a bit depressing-why? Well-the truth is nobody asks me personnal questions-really-I mean the ones who ask me questions that might be considered personal I know really well and we are friends or some of the kiddos here that I have developed relationships with and have told em they can ask me anything as long as they understand that one the answer will be honest and two-I might not answer-but folks who do not know me-they just do not ask-maybe I do not exist-maybe this is all a dream alla twilight zone and I am really just a bus stop in someones hangover-damn!

maestrowork
03-13-2008, 06:39 PM
davids, how big is your claw?

Jongfan
03-13-2008, 06:40 PM
enjoying this thread even though it is a bit depressing-why? Well-the truth is nobody asks me personnal questions-really-I mean the ones who ask me questions that might be considered personal I know really well and we are friends or some of the kiddos here that I have developed relationships with and have told em they can ask me anything as long as they understand that one the answer will be honest and two-I might not answer-but folks who do not know me-they just do not ask-maybe I do not exist-maybe this is all a dream alla twilight zone and I am really just a bus stop in someones hangover-damn!

David, are you hard or soft

Shelled..sheesh

davids
03-13-2008, 06:49 PM
davids, how big is your claw?

Ray I twat you'd nevah ax!!!! It is suffice it to say large enough to handle any situation that might ARISE!!!! Self approbation can be a delicate yet at the same time hardy act can it not?

And Mizz Paula-you already know the answer to that question from your own very personal experiences with D and me!!!!

Oh and you two thanks-I feel much betterer now!

maestrowork
03-13-2008, 06:55 PM
you enjoy being buttered up?

davids
03-13-2008, 06:59 PM
yup but you see dear Ray-that is not a personal question-everybody knows that-the claw thing was but it did make me feel loved!!!! I am considering marketing a new sauce for sea food-Garlic Slather-I think the title evidence of my edeyebility-now Ray is it true that all orientals name their kids Grasshopper?

TrainofThought
03-13-2008, 07:14 PM
“Why aren’t you married?”

Guy: Brushed his shoulders off. “Come and sit down.”

Robert Toy
03-13-2008, 07:45 PM
"You don't have kids?"

sandyn
03-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the laughs, folks. And Inky, your put-downs are priceless!

Inky
03-14-2008, 12:03 AM
SWEAR TO ZEUS--this happened just a few hours ago.

Ooookay, so, like, because of my knee issues--I'll not bore you with the drama--today was one of those rare: I'm goin' OFF the percocet, getting mi' arse INTO MYYYY Volvo--don't want husband assuming it's now HIS car--and going shopping.

Okay, so grocery shopping, but spending money is spending money. OH, and I dropped a size in jeans...oooooh weeee..

Where was I?
Oh. Personal questions.

Small base, so we all know one another....

Woman approaches me & asks how I've been with the knee & all. She sees that I'm still using a cane & that my knee is still in a 'bent/locked' position..and she asks:

'How do you go to the bathroom?'

"Why, I've discovered the penis within. But, jumping up & down in order to 'shake' makes a bloody mess!"

A guy was browsing cheese/butter (I think cinnamon rolls) and started gasping & wheezing, then just burst out laughing.

The woman was ill amused.

Inky
03-14-2008, 12:05 AM
"You don't have kids?"
No, I'm not into goats. But I do own a few chickens, which comes in real handy during sex...you know...the feathers & all...though...come to think of it...I did have that one girlfriend that insisted on the whole chicken...*shrug* all in a nights work I guess...

(kids are baby goats; hence, the comeback)

StephanieFox
03-14-2008, 12:30 AM
I have found the following to be true; if I'm ask people a personal question at a party, they'll get insulted. If I ask a personal question as a journalist, people will answer truthfully even though they know that it's going to be in print and everyone will read it.

(I asked NPR's Ira Glass if he was gay. He said he wasn't. It wasn't a question out of the blue. He brought it up in conversation.)

Robert Toy
03-14-2008, 01:57 AM
No, I'm not into goats. But I do own a few chickens, which comes in real handy during sex...you know...the feathers & all...though...come to think of it...I did have that one girlfriend that insisted on the whole chicken...*shrug* all in a nights work I guess...

(kids are baby goats; hence, the comeback)
Since you raised the subject of animals, have you ever seen the movie Switch?

The most memorable come back line was when Ellen Barkin, wearing a full length mink was accosted by a woman animal rights activist. The woman asked her if she knew how many animals had to die to make that coat. Her reply, No, but I know how many animals I had to f**k to get it!

Inky
03-14-2008, 07:48 AM
I LOVE Ellen Barkin!!!!

----I bet you had to pause that part until you could breathe again, eh?

ErylRavenwell
03-14-2008, 09:22 AM
How old were you when you lost your virginity?

Ask your husband.

:ROFL:

Your tongue's a stun gun. Knocked 'em off.

JustJess
03-14-2008, 05:13 PM
While in a store with 3 of my children, a woman asked, "Same father?"

I don't know why she asked this-perhaps bc I looked so young (and therefor, what?-promiscuous? Ha!)

Inky
03-14-2008, 05:31 PM
While in a store with 3 of my children, a woman asked, "Same father?"

I don't know why she asked this-perhaps bc I looked so young (and therefor, what?-promiscuous? Ha!)
Nope. This here's UPS, he's Stamp, and we just call this wee girl Dairy. Her daddy thought 'Milk' a bit masculine for a girl. Oh, by the way, I know a great surgeon for that double chin.

stormie
03-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Oh, Inky, you're good!

Thinking back, I remember so many people asking me where my oldest son got his blue eyes from. (My husband and I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.) One time I answered to this older woman, "Oh, from the mailman!" Her eyebrows went up and she looked horrified. Thought she'd have a heart attack right there. Thankfully she walked away before she did. My husband was trying so hard not to laugh.

StoryG27
03-16-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm usually the one asking personal questions to people I just met. I can't help it.

Since I moved from Colorado to Tennessee a few years ago, I have had strangers ask me three times if I've been saved, and my honest to goodness first time response was, "From what?" And I wasn't trying to be a smartass.

Inky
03-16-2008, 09:47 AM
I get that alot from the Amercans I meet here in Europe.
They mean well, I'm sure, but I still enjoy the look on their face when I say, 'Oh, I'm Pagan with a profound interest in Buddhism.'

Some actually twitch, and you can almost hear the kindling crackle at my feet, their impressions that I must be a witch THAT strong. They get REALLY pissed.

I even had one palm my forehead & start speaking in tongues--right there in the bloody commissary!! You don't know how badly I wished I'd had an Alka Seltzer in my mouth...oh, THAT would have been rich!!!

I feel like I need a button: I believe in God, people, I just don't believe in the man doing the preaching.

Inky
03-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Eons ago, registering my son at his new high school (we had just moved to Texas), I had brought my 2 toddling daughters with me. They remained in the double stroller, so it wasn't like they were running around, acting an ass; hence, I was a bit shocked when the counselor looked at my kids, then looked at me & said: 'You certainly have alot of them.'

I took it to mean because they were black, so flippantly answered back, "I'm doing my part to create balance. I'm a breeder."

He actually went on to become quite the advocate for my son in later years. Who knew?

KrishnaJewel
03-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I have been ask if I am either catholic or mormon quite often by strangers as I have 6 children - 5 in 7 years + a step son one year older than my oldest.

When I say no, they then ask if I am mad...

so, what...you have to be catholic, mormon or mad to have a big family, love kids and want several??

Robert Toy
03-16-2008, 03:03 PM
I get that alot from the Amercans I meet here in Europe.
They mean well, I'm sure, but I still enjoy the look on their face when I say, 'Oh, I'm Pagan with a profound interest in Buddhism.'

Some actually twitch, and you can almost hear the kindling crackle at my feet, their impressions that I must be a witch THAT strong. They get REALLY pissed.

I even had one palm my forehead & start speaking in tongues--right there in the bloody commissary!! You don't know how badly I wished I'd had an Alka Seltzer in my mouth...oh, THAT would have been rich!!!

I feel like I need a button: I believe in God, people, I just don't believe in the man doing the preaching.
I swear to God Iím an atheist!

giusti
03-16-2008, 03:17 PM
I find that when I'm asked about my religion, a maniacal laugh is usually sufficient.

-giusti

Inky
03-16-2008, 04:28 PM
I swear to God Iím an atheist!
Oh, THAT irony is RICH!!!!

StoryG27
03-16-2008, 05:18 PM

LOL! The first time I was asked that I was standing in line at the commissary. Alka Seltzer *snort*, that would have been awesome.

I had a mouth full of Oreo cookies. I don't know if she thought I was planning on eating the whole package right then and there and not paying for them, or if she just thought I was committing gluttony, but for some reason, she asked if I'd been saved, and I just cocked my head to the side and tried to speak around the cookie in my mouth, "From what?" I really was confused the first time I was asked that.

Inky
03-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Thank Zeus I wasn't there. I'd have been sharing those Oreos with you--uh, doublestuff--and would have spewed chocolate mollasses all over the place while choking on laughter over your reaction.

I'm surprised you didn't get an 'Well, I nevER!!'

I've been known to flip my eyelids, look at the person attempting to save me, and start mumbling. THAT'S priceless...'cept it's bloody hard to keep a straight face..'specially when their kid starts screaming at how my eyes look....+and then when the lids pop back down into place....hehehehhhehe..... :ROFL:

Oh yeah, this being in my 40's rocks! I'm well on my way to being crotchety. AND in my 80's, I'm SOOO gonna be the dirty old woman. Think Phyllis Diller!

StoryG27
03-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Thank Zeus I wasn't there. I'd have been sharing those Oreos with you--uh, doublestuff--and would have spewed chocolate mollasses all over the place while choking on laughter over your reaction.

I'm surprised you didn't get an 'Well, I nevER!!'
No she was very patient. She sighed and patted my shoulder and said, "Oh dear, it's worse than I thought." Trust me, I was still extremely confused at that point. She explained how I needed to invite Jesus into my heart and be baptized and saved. She tried to get me to be 'saved' right there in line. That was almost three years ago, but I still panic when I'm in line there now, searching all the faces for hers, seeing if I need to hide or not.

I've been known to flip my eyelids, look at the person attempting to save me, and start mumbling. THAT'S priceless...'cept it's bloody hard to keep a straight face..'specially when their kid starts screaming at how my eyes look....+and then when the lids pop back down into place....hehehehhhehe..... :ROFL: Oh man, that is PRICELESS! I wish I could take you with me everywhere! Then I could just say, "Oh, I'm not the one you need to worry about. Let me introduce you to my friend here." :D

Inky
03-16-2008, 06:07 PM
*just spewed, choking...tea*
Gollum
Gollum

It BURRRNS..IT BURNS US...

*throat is now seared*

giggling hysterically....tea's everywhere....gads...gotta go change my shirt...I'm such a fricken' lady!!!

Joycecwilliams
03-17-2008, 08:09 AM
We were out with our four children and someone asked if they were all ours.

I told them we rented them for the day...

Inky
03-17-2008, 08:17 AM
What I would have given to be able to have 10-12 kids. But sickness was always too intense to the point of weakening heart. Last pregnancy saw both of us hanging on for dear life--literally. My daughter has said she wants to adopt, and have her own--wants 19 kids. I rub my hands gleefully at the thought of all those stockings at my house for Christmas!

But...I just KNOW she's going to have people wondering if she's
1)Mormon
2) Catholic
3) Competition w/ Angelina Jolie--she already has her lips....hmmmm....oh oh!
4) Lost her fricken' mind!

Dad says the first time she screams a baby from her uterus will be the last time she thinks she wants 19 kids (she's terrified of pain)!
They actually have a bet. After kid # 5, he has to buy the van of her choice.
We ain't normal here.

stormie
03-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Okay, you guys did it again. *Wipes coffee from keyboard, monitor, mouse....* LOL!

Inky
03-18-2008, 01:41 AM
Ahh, don't feel too badly. I'm considering one of those plastic covers for mi' own keyboard. Hey, Lucy did it on her furniture back in the day...why not our keyboards?

And as long as I'm keeping company with a bunch of Ethels & Lucys...Lucies...oh, blow me down...this grammar madness....spellcheck and stylewriter have sucked out everything I learned in grade school....but I still remember how to get to 3rd base!!! :ROFL:

JLCwrites
03-18-2008, 01:57 AM
Oh, Inky, you're good!

Thinking back, I remember so many people asking me where my oldest son got his blue eyes from. (My husband and I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.) One time I answered to this older woman, "Oh, from the mailman!" Her eyebrows went up and she looked horrified. Thought she'd have a heart attack right there. Thankfully she walked away before she did. My husband was trying so hard not to laugh.

I get that a lot...One of my kids has red hair, and Mr. Turkey and I are blond.
Them - How did your child get soo much red hair?
Me - Not sure... I am still trying to figure out who the father is.

Robert Toy
03-18-2008, 02:19 AM
I had a pair of Jehovah’s whiteness’ stop by my apartment I invited them in, and left for a 15 minute drive. They were gone when I came back, but they did leave some booklets.

Jaycinth
03-18-2008, 02:35 AM
"What are you?"

well...I'm biracial...mixing pot actually, but mostly chocolate and vanilla...

My mom, who fielded the first one, taught me to say:

Human.

I learned to add... 'and you?'

and I've taught it to my kids, who are even more interesting than I am.

Inky
03-18-2008, 08:04 AM
My daughter had someone ask her if she was 'mixed'.
She replied: Shaken, not sturred (accent intentional).

I 'bout pissed myself laughing.

Ah yes, she's well on her way to becoming a mini-me. Beyond proud.

Appalachian Writer
03-18-2008, 08:10 AM
Several years ago, my sister had cancer surgery. Long after that last operation, she went to a local pool, wearing her bikini. Naturally, someone noticed the scar and asked what happened. To my surprise she said, "Shark bite." The woman who asked just dropped her head and walked away. My sister must have sensed that my jaw had dropped, because she turned to me and told me she'd learned that people inquire further about cancer. A shark? They understand immediately.

JoNightshade
03-18-2008, 08:25 AM
I can't believe I didn't see this thread before. The most personal question I have ever been asked:

"Do you masturbate?"

This was in the middle of a college theatre class, while a group of us were working on the set and chatting. This girl brought up her own sex life and I had mentioned that I was a virgin so I had no clue about this stuff. Then she turns to me and says, "Oh really? Do you masturbate?" Point blank. To my face. In front of everyone else. My response:

:Jaw:

althrasher
03-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Jo--I've definitely been asked that. By a guy. In rehearsal.

*awkward...*

StoryG27
03-18-2008, 04:29 PM
"What are you?"

well...I'm biracial...mixing pot actually, but mostly chocolate and vanilla...

My mom, who fielded the first one, taught me to say:

Human.

I learned to add... 'and you?'

and I've taught it to my kids, who are even more interesting than I am.
LOL! I love this one! Too bad I'm so white I practically glow in the dark so I'll never get to use it, but I'll pass it on to hubby, he always gets asked.

Inky
03-18-2008, 04:43 PM
"Do you masturbate?"

:Jaw:
Only when your boyfriend lends a helping hand...

StoryG27
03-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Only when your boyfriend lends a helping hand...
I knew better than to be drinking coffee when I read your response, I knew better yet I still did it. Oh, it burns, and my computer is none too happy. I think I'd better find one of those plastic keyboard covers if I'm going to continue reading this thread.