Movie Magic & Vista

Captain Morgan

Registered
Reaction score
Is there anyone who has got MM to even run on Vista? I decided to check out the demo just to see what on earth could justify the price. Unfortunately that even refuses to install, despite running in admin mode & everything.

Later I tried the FD7 demo, which actually ran ok. And it didn't have the rediculous 48 hour limit and/or 20 tries limit.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I'm running Movie Magic on Vista without any problems.

When you say "despite running in admin mode & everything" I take it this means you've followed the steps detailed here:

http://support.screenplay.com/answercenter/questions.php?questionid=85

...to "Run this program as an Administrator"?

I've used the full version of MM for so long I can hardly remember the demo version but yes, the limitations did seem a little annoying. Final Draft's demo mode is less restrictive tho' you can only work with and save up to 15 pages, I think.

Your repeated rants against the cost of these packages doesn't take into account the fact they've been in use and developed/improved for years and became industry standards long before Celtx appeared. As has been said elsewhere, if you ever get your scripts into the hands of established prodcos and they want to work with you, you may be forced to upgrade your software. Until that time comes, why angst about it?

-Derek