Movies with a Muppet cast

ReneC

Relapsed insomniac :(
Registered
Reaction score
Star Wars, Muppets style!

My fiancée and I were watching "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back" and I suddenly had the thought of what Star Wars might be like with a Muppets cast. We talked about it, laughed about it, and I wanted to share what we came up with here.

We had thought that Kermit would make an excellent Yoda, but Miss Piggy is the obvious Princess Leia (actually, she outright demanded it while we were talking), so that means Kermit has to play Han Solo.

So who's Yoda? Aha! Rizzo the Rat! (Watch A Muppet Christmas Carol and it's clear how he's the perfect choice.)

Han needs a Chewbacca. Someone fuzzy. Okay...Fozzy!

Han and Chewie need a ship. Well, the Muppets already have a ship, don't they? Thus, the Millennium Falcon will be played by the ship from Pigs in Space.

Luke Skywalker is difficult. At first we thought that Gonzo should fill the role but he is actually too whiney. Luke is also naive...how about Scooter?

So who should Gonzo play? Whiney-to-the-point-of-wanting-to-smack-the-hell-out-of-him and with a grating voice? Perfect! C-3P0!

The other droid...R2-D2...so very expressive with only beeps and whistles at his disposal...BEEKER!!! It's so obvious.

Luke needs a mentor, someone with direction, with the Force behind him, always wielding a weapon, quick to recover in the face of adversity...who could possibly answer this call? The Swedish Chef will play Obi-Wan!

Ralph can't be left out. He's suave, poetic, charming...well, geez, he's Lando!

As for Stormtroopers, they're plentiful, white, and single-minded. They'll be played by the chickens with little white helmets and rifles.

Jabba the Hutt. Which Muppet is fearsome enough, intimidating enough, LARGE enough to play Jabba? Sweetums!

How can we possibly forget Animal? But which Star Wars character could Animal portray? He's brutal, relentless, formidable...of course! He's Boba Fett!

Sam the Eagle. He's outspoken, authoritarian to the point of dictatorial, a Republican. He is Darth Vader.

The Emperor...cruel, manipulative, insensitive, callous, and ruthless in the pursuit of his designs...may we present Dr. Bunsen Honeydew? His treatment of Beeker over the years casts him perfectly in this role.

Waldorf and Statler will appear as themselves, of course.

:thankyou:

What other movies/books/plays do you suppose the Muppets should prepare for next?

Last edited:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
What other movies/books/plays do you suppose the Muppets should prepare for next?

The Harry Potter films, definitely. Kermit as Harry, Miss Piggy as Hermione (ok, so that'd have to put pay to the Hermione / Ron thing but artistic license!) and Fozzie as Ron.

Unless you had Miss Piggy in a gender-reversed version in the title role as Harriet Trotter, of course.

I'm going because I'm starting to put far too much thought into this... ;)

auntybug

teh other evil broad
Registered
Reaction score
I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing mysel
Website
www.junekramin.com
My vote would be "Wizard of Oz" but they did it & it stunk! I was very disappointed. (I'm a muppets junkie from way back...)

We just watched the original the other night. Hubby is convinced more than ever how insane I am. I sang along (loudly & poorly) with every song while my 11 year old daughter was barely amused...

*goes to storage to dig out animal hand puppet & wind up doozer*

Sarpedon

Banned
Reaction score
hmm, was he really? Yeah I know he was voiced by Frank Oz, but does that make him a muppet? Wasnt' the puppet constructed by Industial Light and Magic rather than Henson's workshop?

Ooh, an interesting existential question; what makes a muppet?

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, since Frank Oz 'acted' Yoda, I'd say Yoda was indeed a muppet. After all, muppets are puppets. Both Yoda and Fozzie Bear, for example, were conceived by the same puppet makers and both were performed by the same puppetteer.

ETA: some interesting links on this....

Was Yoda a Muppet?

The Making of Yoda

As for movies with Muppet casts, I can think of a few that might well have been improved by having Beaker and Kermit etc. taking the lead roles:

XXX

Anything else with Vin Diesel

Last edited:

Sarpedon

Banned
Reaction score
Possible definitions of Muppet:

A muppet is a puppet which:

1. Was constructed by Henson's company.
2. Was voiced by a person associated with Henson's company (like Frank Oz)
3. Appeared on 'the Muppet Show' or one of the 'Muppet Movies.' (or possibly Sesame Street)

Which leads to an interesting question...Did Yoda ever appear on the Muppet show or Sesame street?

This is becoming delightfully absurd! :D

auntybug

teh other evil broad
Registered
Reaction score
I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing mysel
Website
www.junekramin.com
No one's done this yet?
kermit.jpg

maxmordon

Penúltimo