PDA

View Full Version : Films I'd Like to see again but can't find

donroc
03-12-2008, 02:18 AM
These are oldies I have not found anywhere on the internet.

Roger Vadim's NO SUN IN VENICE, with a brilliant score by the MJQ.

Jules Dassin's HE WHO MUST DIE based on Kazantzakis' THE GREEK PASSION.

CASBAH because Marta Torin never looked lovelier, and the songs were great, sung by Tony Martin in his prime.

Robert Toy
03-12-2008, 02:33 AM
These are oldies I have not found anywhere on the internet.

Roger Vadim's NO SUN IN VENICE, with a brilliant score by the MJQ.

Jules Dassin's HE WHO MUST DIE based on Kazantzakis' THE GREEK PASSION.

CASBAH because Marta Torin never looked lovelier, and the songs were great, sung by Tony Martin in his prime.
If you have a VHS you can get it.

CACTUSWENDY
03-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Just a thought....you might check with EBay. I have found several that I got from there, and cheap too.

Did not find the first two...but found on ebay...Take me to the Casbah......two of them...for under one dollar. Is that the movie you wanted?

JacobWorld
03-12-2008, 03:28 AM
I dont remember the title but it was a story about a man in America looking for work in the 20's . The plot was very good.
I watched it long time ago but I dont know the title.
Shame

Appalachian Writer
03-12-2008, 03:54 AM
Many years ago, I watched a film with George C. Scott and Joanne Woodward called THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS. I loved it! Woodward played a psychiatrist in an asylum where Scott's character was a patient who believed he was Sherlock Holmes. Woodward's character? Dr. Watson, of course. Scott's character denies he's insane saying, "Don Quixote was insane because he looked at windmills and said they were giants. Would he have been insane if he looked at windmills and said they might be giants?" How cool is that?

maestrowork
03-12-2008, 06:35 AM
There were quite a few movies from China in the 70s and 80s that were really trippy (even back then) -- so blatantly propaganda but also quite entertaining. I have no idea how to find them (not to mention I don't know what they were called even in Chinese). One was about dueling singers (men vs. women) from the western region. Very catchy songs.

BarbJ
03-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Many years ago, I watched a film with George C. Scott and Joanne Woodward called THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS. I loved it! Woodward played a psychiatrist in an asylum where Scott's character was a patient who believed he was Sherlock Holmes. Woodward's character? Dr. Watson, of course. Scott's character denies he's insane saying, "Don Quixote was insane because he looked at windmills and said they were giants. Would he have been insane if he looked at windmills and said they might be giants?" How cool is that?

I have this one, on VHS. Be jealous; be very jealous... :tongue Never have seen it in DVD, though.

I recently got a catalogue from Movies for Movie Lovers that has several old movies on DVD that I thought I'd never find. Prices look good, from a quick scan. If you can't find something on e-bay, try looking on the net for companies that specialize in oldies. Hold tight to your credit card, though; they are very, very tempting.

Dai Alanye
03-12-2008, 09:30 AM
THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS
Great film, as almost all of Scott's were.

I'd like to find Wee Geordie, a minor but charming English film. Also the Little Lord Fauntleroy version with Alec Guinness and Ricky Schroeder, the best of the many that have been made.