Cool "look at this" Just for Fun Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
WooHoo! You found it!

I was pointed to this painting on Ebay back in 2000, and it just creeped me out, and I was never able to find it again, when the subject came up.

*Quickly bookmarks the page*

I doubt the painting is "haunted" too....but it sure is creepy all on its own!

Mark Anderson

Registered
Reaction score
Any idea who the artist is? I'd love him (her) to do all my covers. :)

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
That was quite different. I read the account under the picture. I didn't find myself bumping around walls, going mindless, or anything out of the ordinary. But then, I always bump into walls, I am mindless at times, and I am out of the ordinary. :thankyou: I found my niche in life. Horror!

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
No idea who painted it, Mark. There's soooo much weird stuff on the web. And I obviously have wayyyyyyyy too much time on my hands. <g>

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A few months ago I came across an Ebay listing for a "demon trapped inside a bottle of Holy Water. I was checking for "religious items" at the time. :)

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! And the bid's gone to over $11,000! That's unbelievable.

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
Alright, Mac...now you've gone and done it! I'm surfing the web for really creepy dolls and stuff, and came across this...

2 Headed Fox

Kinda looks almost like that cat in "Shadows" doesn't it? :scared:

*drgn bookmarks the page, to use ans inspiration in the rewrite*

MacAllister

Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
We won't go into the reasons why the whole idea of "summoning" gives me a heebie-jeebies, either.

Oh, let's DO!

Frex, ouija boards give me the heebs...I won't have one in the house. Totally freaks my sh!t...

I _do_ believe there are unseen things (and some seen) in this existence, that are better left alone.

That reminds me, it is once again time to microwave my tinfoil beanie, to purify it from the week's mind-control rays.

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'll just leave this response window open for a bit....

...Beacuse I'm in a mood now to find creepy stuff, and boy have I hit the mother lode!

Like,

Dolls and Rot

And, OMG! Demon Kidz is back on line! They are only the -creepiest- of the creepy dolls you can find! (Check out the "Adopted" kidz).

More Creepy Dolls

Probably the creepiest dolls ever
(Warning: Might be offensive to some)

Not creepy, just...WOW (But they showed up on the search, and I just had to share...Besides, I figured I should show something lovely after that last one)

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
MacAllister said:
Oh, let's DO!

Frex, ouija boards give me the heebs...I won't have one in the house. Totally freaks my sh!t...

Me either. *shudder*

I _do_ believe there are unseen things (and some seen) in this existence, that are better left alone.

Would you like to hear about the time we had uninvited "guests"? :scared:

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
I get in these weird moods, and I like lurking around the net to see what kind of bizarre things I can find. It always inspires me (as it is, there is going to be a creepy doll in "Shadows", since I saw the Demon Kidz site).

"Horrorfind" is pretty good. But alot of that is playstuff. I find inspiration for horror in some of the oddest places.

(Not to sound like a fangirl here....okay, I sound like a fangirl..deal) But that's one of the reasons I like listening to music like Rammstein (oh, alright, the lead singer is HAWT too). Go to Herzeleid.com and check out the translations to the lyrics (provided you're not easily offended). They're loaded with your typical Horror elements. This makes them great for dark and gritty inspiration.

Solatium

Registered
Reaction score
Oy, I remember that. Looked at it in the middle of the night, and until morning I was sitting far, far back from my computer, leaning forward to type, because I was afraid there were things under the desk waiting to grab my ankles.

Yeah, childish fears. I like to pretend I have an active imagination, but deep down I'm just a wuss.

MacAllister

Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
from here:
I have plans big plans
I'm going to build you a house
Every stone will be a tear
And you'll never move out again
Yeah I'm going to build a little house for you
with no windows no door
It'll be dark inside
No light will get in at all

Yeah I'll make you a home
And you are to be a part of it all

Stone by stone I wall you in
Stone by stone
I'll always be with you

Without clothes without shoes
You watch me working
With your feet in cement
You brighten up the foundation
Outside there will be a garden
And no one will hear you scream

Stone by stone
I'll always be with you

What a pounding what a hammering
Outside it's starting to get dark [1]
All of the nails stand at attention
when I ram them into your body-wood [2]

Stone by stone
And nobody will hear you scream

[1] The verb "dämmern" actually means "to get light (at dawn)" or "to get dark (at dusk)", and as there is no mention of time, it is not clear which is meant.

[2] There is a pun in this line. The verb "rammen" means "to ram". Because of the German conjugation and word order, the line is ended with "ramm'". When connected with the next word Till sings, it becomes "Ramm-STEIN".

oh jeez! Yeah, I see how you get that, Lorrie...

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
For some reason, I always think of "The Cask of Amontillado" whenere I hear that song, now. :ROFL:

*(Keep in mind, to any of you who are totally freaked out by the lyrics at this point....Alot of their stuff is "Tongue-in-cheek")

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
You gotta love Ebay. I will say this guy should have entered the Idol Audition. Pretty darn good story. :) Hype? Hmm. Our imaginations can play wonderful tricks on us. I think that's what makes the horror genre so great; we can transfer our morbid thoughts to someone else's brain. :)

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Freaky dolls n' stuff always gets me in the mood to look for haunted places, too, or at least places that look like they should be haunted. Check out this link:

http://www.lostdestinations.com/

Just kind of surf around...abandoned buildings aways give me the creeps, especially the houses where it looks like the people are just...gone...leaving everything behind, as though they had no need for thier possessions where they were going...*cue creepy film music*

WVWG

sgtsdaughter

Nearing the end of an era
Registered
Reaction score
stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
drgnlvr said:
I also checked out the link to the "Doll" he plugged.

Supposedly it moved in video. I didn't see a thing in either one.

Now, if you want creepy dolls... I'll give you creepy dolls.

doll's images look like the camera angle was altered slightly . . . gotta love the internet.

and the haunted disney toy . . . :roll: :roll:

MacAllister

Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
and the haunted disney toy . . . :roll: :roll:
"it keeps going..and going...and going...."

Great link, WVWG--I'm a bit of an amateur history buff, so I've spent a lot of time during my mispent years bouncing around the country. One of the things I always do in a new place is visit battlefields (and ghost towns, in the western states.)

I have to say I've never seen ghosts in these places, but many of them feel absolutely haunted. People invariable lower their voices, and take on a somber mien, apparently without even realizing...

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
MacAllister said:
I have to say I've never seen ghosts in these places, but many of them feel absolutely haunted. People invariable lower their voices, and take on a somber mien, apparently without even realizing...

Unfortunately, Gaining a reputation for being haunted can have serious drawbacks.

These are links to a place here in Tulsa that -was- a landmark. WAS being the operative term. Sadly, the place was destroyed by vandals. And a local paranormal investigative team that is of excellent repute, could never get permission to study the place, and either confirm, nor deny the rumours.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I have a year 2000 Millennium candle that is half burnt. A few days later an F-3 tornado blew my house away and I have not lit the candle since.

Being that the candle made it (as did I)... I figure the candle is either cursed or blessed. Either way I am broke. I wonder if I could make a few bucks on it from ebay?

Nah, I'm to sentimental to sell it even if it is cursed. :D

Gehanna

Status
Not open for further replies.