I wish I had something to say. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenforPrez

Registered
Reaction score
. . . but I don't. Then again, if I'm posting it, I must have something to say.

Did you ever have that feeling that you needed to say something, but you didn't know what it was?

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Yes! Like right now. I just wanted to let everyone know...sorry, I lost it!

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
I usually just say it.

And, as it happens, I've never started a thread, aside from my intro. I just wiggle my way into ongoing conversation. :)

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry. . . you were saying something?

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I get the feeling often that I have something to do but can't remember what it was, but for talking and posting, it's usually that feeling of "I probably shouldn't have said that" more than "I think I have something to say but don't know what." My brain to fingers filter does not always work. Sounds like yours is working fine. ;)

Pen, I think you need a "home thread". You'll feel much better. A lot of folks here have a thread or two that they always go back to. It's more like a lounge than a thread with a topic. You have your choices laid before you here in Office Party - Peace, Calm and Serenity, House of Love, This thread shall die...but not today, this thread shall never die (or whatever the hell it's called), the Whatever Thread. Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club. In the Super-Secret-Mod-Proof room there's Mscelina's Fang Relief and SoccerMom's Playhouse too.

There's all varieties of serious and silly in each of them.

And if you like to run the course of humor - you have recovering rep addicts and the comedy cabaret in humor writing.

Find a home thread. then you'll almost always have something to say and sometimes you might even say more than you should. And sometimes you'll say things you probably shouldn't. :)

Last edited:

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Mostly, I get the sensation that I need to shut up! I sometimes find myself rattling on and on, but not really saying much of anything. Haskins says a lot. So do a lot of other people, but my conservative nature makes me pull back.

writin52

Registered
Reaction score
. . . but I don't. Then again, if I'm posting it, I must have something to say.

Did you ever have that feeling that you needed to say something, but you didn't know what it was?
Yes, oh, yes Penfor Prez, I know that feeling all too well. Somehow, whatever it is seems like it's important to share, it's just that you can't seem to pin down what it is. It'll come to you!:)

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
I say a lot of things. All the time. To myself.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I get the feeling often that I have something to do but can't remember what it was, but for talking and posting, it's usually that feeling of "I probably shouldn't have said that" more than "I think I have something to say but don't know what." My brain to fingers filter does not always work. Sounds like yours is working fine. ;)

Pen, I think you need a "home thread". You'll feel much better. A lot of folks here have a thread or two that they always go back to. It's more like a lounge than a thread with a topic. You have your choices laid before you here in Office Party - Peace, Calm and Serenity, House of Love, This thread shall die...but not today, this thread shall never die (or whatever the hell it's called), the Whatever Thread. Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club. In the Super-Secret-Mod-Proof room there's Mscelina's Fang Relief and SoccerMom's Playhouse too.

There's all varieties of serious and silly in each of them.

And if you like to run the course of humor - you have recovering rep addicts and the comedy cabaret in humor writing.

Find a home thread. then you'll almost always have something to say and sometimes you might even say more than you should. And sometimes you'll say things you probably shouldn't. :)
That's funny, Stew, I never thought of it in those terms. I often dine with the Biscuiteers.

Status
Not open for further replies.