PDA

View Full Version : Middle grade fiction beta wanted (needed)

Dollywagon
03-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Hi all, it's been a lousy day so I don't know why I am sticking my head above the bunker again, but here goes:-

I've got the first 6,000 words drafted of a middle grade fiction novel. I've never done one before, I usually do the shorter stuff, so basically I am just looking for somebody to scan through it and let me know if it is interesting enough to continue.

It is a draft, and it does need a lot of expansion and tidying up, but I've hit a brick wall because I am unsure of the strength of the general premise. I like it, but then ... what the heck do I know.

It's set in England, and a modern young girl is transported back to 1706. Hopefully it will become a mystery, but we are in the early stages yet.

Anyhow, if anybody does have both the inclination and the time, I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

EmilySC
03-10-2008, 11:27 PM
I'll give it a look see.

strombercarlsonATyahoo.com

padnar
03-12-2008, 09:14 AM
I am Padma . I will definitely give a look
if yu don't mind that I am an Indian .
my contact is padnar1404@gmail.com .
also I have my own script and I need yur help
padma

MaggieK
03-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi Dollywagon -- I'm a middlegrade writer, too, and would love to take a look at your manuscript. I'm also looking for a crit partner to swap manuscripts with on a regular basis (say every two weeks or so). I write dog stories (Pup Fiction or Pup Lit :) If you're interested, please send me an email (maggie@gooseneckcreek.com). Thanks, MaggieK

Dollywagon
03-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi Padna,
Emily is just going through it now and we are trying to tidying up a few things, before I go any further.
What genre is your script?

Dollywagon
03-12-2008, 10:21 AM
We were both posting at the same time Maggie!

I'd just like to sort out what Emily has got to say on it first and neaten up where she thinks it's necessary. Erm, this is a bit difficult to explain, but to cut a long story short I have a sick sheep in my kitchen so things are a bit chaotic here at the moment.
SLEEP - I NEED SLEEP!!!

Maybe I should write sheep fiction.

I will get back to you on it though.

MaggieK
03-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi Dollywagon! I hope your sick sheepie is better. I grew up in rural Oregon and my dad raised sheep...I have fond memories of raising several bummer lambs on a bottle. So cute :) Anyway, take care and good luck with the writing! Happy tails, MaggieK

padnar
03-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah it is ok if Emily givesit a look
padma

Dollywagon
03-13-2008, 12:33 PM
What is it that you want looking at Padnar?

Dollywagon
03-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Sorry, forgot to respond to Maggie!

Sickie sheeps are driving me nuts. Some kind of vitamin deficiency I think. Lost one - my favourite, and am struggling desperately with another. She is up and down like a whatsits thingies. Been at it a fortnight. Will eat, won't eat. Has the skits, doesn't. Nightmare.

padnar
03-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi Dollywagon
I need my script to look at . It is titled Victoria Woodhull ,
I have posted it here
There is response but all are advising me to read .
only I know how much Fiction ,non -fiction books I read .
How much reading I do I am not getting yur style ?
I dont mind e-mailing to yu and also I will be grateful
for all help
padma

Dollywagon
03-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi Padnar,
I've sent you a private message.