PDA

View Full Version : The "Awwww" and "Wow" Thread

brokenfingers
03-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Howdy people,

Have you ever had something happen at work or home or wherever that really upset you or made you mad? Or that you felt like you had to share with your AW family? And you didn't feel it was noteworthy enough for its own thread?

This is where you can post it and get some good ol' fashioned commiseration and support.

The point here is to share the love, so anyone who posts has to give at least five reps to previous posters proclaiming their sympathy, condolences, advice, support etc.

Reps like,

"Awwwww, it's okay. We still love you."

"Wow, I know what it's like! You poor thing."

"The bastard! Wanna borrow my baseball bat?"

are encouraged and appreciated.

This is also where you can uplift all our hearts and lighten our loads by telling amusing anecdotes about your day. Whether it be at work, at home, while writing, with your kids, the neighbors, in school or wherever.

Something funny happen at the store? Something amazing happen during the drive home? Have a revelation while writing? Your teacher or boss say something funny?

Tell us and we'll rep you our reactions and our support.

Spread the love and share the wealth, people. We're all here for each other.

Angie
03-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Awesome idea! Nothing of substance to add at the moment, but I'm sure I'll be back. :D

rhymegirl
03-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Are you on drugs, BF?

Angie
03-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Are you on drugs, BF?

Um, I thought that went without saying...

brokenfingers
03-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Are you on drugs, BF?

Why? Do you wanna borrow my baseball bat?

Angelinity
03-10-2008, 09:37 PM
on drugs huh? hell, we's writers ...ain't we all?

ok... is this AWWWWWWW, WOW! or HMM... here goes, anyway.

i made a BOOBOO. in my real-life life--you know what i mean (some of you. my 'peers' not-yet-making-a-living-offthepen)...

i underquoted. yup, it happens. one is is supposed to upsell, instead one ignores THE-BLATANT-FRIGGIN-CLUE in the friggin-RFQ (some may relate) and IGNORES it.

shit happens. i offered to pay from me pocket (about EIGHT FRIGGIN HUNDRED DOLLARS).

then, a miracle: they agree to pay :) sheesh. friggin miracle. yeah.

Hillary
03-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Oooo, fabulous idea. (You did say I could complain, right? I'm understanding this thread correctly?)

I think I'll bring my computer on my overnight shifts and bitch every 3-5 minutes until I'm forcibly removed from this thread...

Also, I second the notion that you must be on drugs. And whatever they are, they must be really freaking good to turn you into... Whatever it's called when completely rotten bastards start saying they want to "share the love" with fellow members. So I want some of your drugs. PM me for a drop-location, and let's make a deal.

Angie
03-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Yes, I nominate BF to be the official AW drug dealer.

Siddow
03-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Wow, I just gave out a bunch of insulting reps! I wonder how many I'll get in return?

rhymegirl
03-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Also, I second the notion that you must be on drugs. And whatever they are, they must be really freaking good to turn you into... Whatever it's called when completely rotten bastards start saying they want to "share the love" with fellow members.

Exactly my point, Hillary. You are right on the ball.

rhymegirl
03-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Why? Do you wanna borrow my baseball bat?

Awwww, wow, such anger!

No, of course not. I am not a violent person. Nothing but birds chirping and sunbeams shining in my world. :)

Angie
03-10-2008, 09:55 PM
I'll take that baseball bat.

Hillary
03-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Is anyone else amused I repped BF to tell him he should have capitalized "Nazis" in his reason for editing his original post? 'Cause I am.

rhymegirl
03-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Is anyone else amused I repped BF to tell him he should have capitalized "Nazis" in his reason for editing his original post? 'Cause I am.

Ha ha!

Aww, wow, you're funny, Hillary.

Hillary
03-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Ha ha!

Aww, wow, you're funny, Hillary.

You sure have a strange way of spelling "obnoxious." :)

Angelinity
03-10-2008, 10:32 PM
sheeesh!

i fell right into DA TRAAAAAAAAAAAP... :cry:

czjaba
03-10-2008, 10:39 PM
:Shrug: I must have missed something.

Anyone want to point me in the right direction to find what I missed?

MoonWriter
03-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Wow, I just gave out a bunch of insulting reps!

Is that because you're still not smoking? *shakes ashes out of keyboard*

Hillary
03-10-2008, 10:43 PM
I must have missed something.

Anyone want to point me in the right direction to find what I missed?

Thread Summary:

BF's lost the plot, and now wants to share the love with his fellow members.
Rhymegirl and I have decided this means he's on drugs. I, at least, want some of them.
Angelinity is the only person who seems to have figured out how to post appropriately in the thread.
Siddow is being snarky. I approve.
You've missed something.

LIVIN
03-10-2008, 10:51 PM
BF created this thread to rack up rep points because there's a rep point contest going on in another sub-forum.

brokenfingers
03-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Wow, what a tough crowd. Okay, I'll get this train wreck back on track.

I just came back from running some errands and while I was out, I forgot to get myself something to eat.

Now I actually have to make something!

Arrgghhh!!!

brokenfingers
03-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Plus, I can't believe how many requests I've had for the baseball bat...

Siddow
03-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Wow, what a tough crowd. Okay, I'll get this train wreck back on track.

I just came back from running some errands and while I was out, I forgot to get myself something to eat.

Now I actually have to make something!

Arrgghhh!!!

Aww...you poor rotten bastard!

I'm still in PJs but I put on sneakers so I would feel like I'm dressed.

Hillary
03-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Oh, all right, FINE. I'll use the thread as it's supposed to be used.

I'm not supposed to be going to work until Thursday night at 11:30pm. However, I'm going in tonight at 10:00pm until tomorrow morning at 9:00am. It's a bunch of extra hours, but the way it works with my original shifts, it's only three hours of overtime.

Siddow
03-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Oh, all right, FINE. I'll use the thread as it's supposed to be used.

There will be no threads going as intended in Office Party!!!

rhymegirl
03-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Can we use it to bitch?

I've got a headache because I think I have a sinus infection or something. It hurts. And my nose is all plugged up. And I need a check that an editor owes me. And another company hasn't called me back about a check they owe me. And my son borrowed my car and hasn't returned it yet.

Is that enough bitching?

juneafternoon
03-10-2008, 11:36 PM
^ That sucks :( Things have a way of going wrong all at the same time, but by the same token, they can go right suddenly and all at once as well. Good luck to ya!

I don't know if this is fits in this thread or not, but I've been dying to blurt it out, so here goes:

My best friend who is so harsh when she critiques my stuff sent me an email yesterday in reply to the first chapter of this WIP of mine saying something along the lines of: "Oh my god, this is amazing!! Aside from a couple of line edits and grammar stuff, this is the best I've seen from you so far! I knew what was going to happen, but I kept wishing it wouldn't--you got me right in the character's mind!! Leave OS [WIP until this comment] aside and finish this, in the same style you wrote this first chapter and get it out to agents!!!"

I cried when I read that. I was so happy that she approved of it--she's usually lukewarm of my writing or just plain "this doesn't work" and while I appreciate it sooo much that she's honest I just wanted her to like something I wrote. AND SHE DID!!!!!

melaniehoo
03-10-2008, 11:47 PM
I've got one. Not a bitch, more of a display of how pathetic I am.

My one friend here who is actually my age (mostly retirees here) is throwing a birthday party for me & my husband this Friday. His is today & mine is next week. She told me to invite whoever I want and she'd take care of the rest. I had to call her today to ask her to invite people because I don't know anyone. :( The few people I do know I only see around town, I don't have anyone's phone numbers. Should be a great party.

Rhymegirl - my head's all congested, too, so I feel a little of your pain.

zahra
03-10-2008, 11:49 PM
BF created this thread to rack up rep points because there's a rep point contest going on in another sub-forum.
As if BF would - nay, indeed, could - ever be that devious.

But onto my whine:

One of the ******ing up-themselves media termites who infest the club where I work complained that I told her off in front of her friends because her membership had expired.

Well, her membership hadn't expired, only her card had, and as it's not members' responsibility to replace cards, or even notice expiry dates, but ours, what the blinking flip would I have been 'telling her off' about, pray? Perhaps if some of these people would lay off the fairy dust once in a while, they wouldn't go into paranoid frenzy quite so damn often.

:rant:

zahra
03-10-2008, 11:50 PM
I've got one. Not a bitch, more of a display of how pathetic I am.

My one friend here who is actually my age (mostly retirees here) is throwing a birthday party for me & my husband this Friday. His is today & mine is next week. She told me to invite whoever I want and she'd take care of the rest. I had to call her today to ask her to invite people because I don't know anyone. :( The few people I do know I only see around town, I don't have anyone's phone numbers. Should be a great party.

Rhymegirl - my head's all congested, too, so I feel a little of your pain.
Where's the party? (Clutches passport, packs hootchie-mama dress).

melaniehoo
03-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Where's the party? (Clutches passport, packs hootchie-mama dress).

Zihuatanejo. It's really quite pretty & the Washington Post had a big article about it today.

brokenfingers
03-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Zihuatanejo. It's really quite pretty & the Washington Post had a big article about it today.Yeah, I read it. Something about the local female crimelord, who happens to have her own airport and beach, coming back from an expedition to Cuirdad Juarez to kick a rival gang's ass.

melaniehoo
03-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I read it. Something about the local female crimelord, who happens to have her own airport and beach, coming back from an expedition to Cuirdad Juarez to kick a rival gang's ass.

Oh, you heard about that? Here's the link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/07/AR2008030701349.html?referrer=emailarticle).

No joke, someone was killed in a mall parking lot while we were there and they found 200 rounds near the victim's car.

brokenfingers
03-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Coincidence?.....

Hmmmm.....

zahra
03-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I read it. Something about the local female crimelord, who happens to have her own airport and beach, coming back from an expedition to Cuirdad Juarez to kick a rival gang's ass.
CrimeLADY, surely?:D

nancy sv
03-11-2008, 01:47 AM
I'm in the middle of packing up my house. I HATE packing up my house. (Actually, I'm not packing up my house exactly - just the stuff in the house. I still hate packing it up.)

I know, I know... I shouldn't complain. In a mere three months I'll be free. I mean - I'll be FREE!!! No job!! No time constraints!!! Just freedom on the road with my family. I keep telling myself it'll be worth it. I just have to get there....

Angie
03-11-2008, 02:18 AM
There will be no threads going as intended in Office Party!!!

Yeah!! What she said!

Angie
03-11-2008, 02:21 AM
I have to go back to work tomorrow after a three day weekend. I do NOT want to go. Stupid, mindless, meaningless physical labor. *grumble*

writin52
03-11-2008, 02:27 AM
Awwww, wow, such anger!

No, of course not. I am not a violent person. Nothing but birds chirping and sunbeams shining in my world. :)

Wow, you're Snow White! Watch the dwarves don't rise up and toss u out on your ear for not working on you WIP. You did say I could harass you to finish, didn't you rhymegirl?:poke:

Susie
03-11-2008, 02:27 AM
I have nuttin' to add today. I did yesterday.
:)

writin52
03-11-2008, 02:30 AM
I have to go back to work tomorrow after a three day weekend. I do NOT want to go. Stupid, mindless, meaningless physical labor. *grumble*
Awwww, poor Angie. Well, at least its mindless and you can save your mind for your writing:)

writin52
03-11-2008, 02:38 AM
As if BF would - nay, indeed, could - ever be that devious.

But onto my whine:

One of the ******ing up-themselves media termites who infest the club where I work complained that I told her off in front of her friends because her membership had expired.

Well, her membership hadn't expired, only her card had, and as it's not members' responsibility to replace cards, or even notice expiry dates, but ours, what the blinking flip would I have been 'telling her off' about, pray? Perhaps if some of these people would lay off the fairy dust once in a while, they wouldn't go into paranoid frenzy quite so damn often.

:rant:

Isn't working with the public Sooooo rewarding! NOT! I know what you're
saying Zahra, do I ever. I used to work the information desk at a public library, the more expensively dressed they were, the more they seemed to expect you to do for them, not assist, actually do!

rhymegirl
03-11-2008, 03:30 AM
Wow, you're Snow White! Watch the dwarves don't rise up and toss u out on your ear for not working on you WIP. You did say I could harass you to finish, didn't you rhymegirl?:poke:

Yes, harass away!

Those dwarves are not gonna toss me out though. ;)

Eskimo1990
03-11-2008, 03:31 AM
ranting counts right?
Here's a list of things I'm stressed about...
The people in my creative writing class are stupid
I have to take the ACT tomorrow and I'm afraid I'm going to horrible
I'm sick of being alone
I wish people would just be honest with me instead of lying to make me feel better
I wish people would stop accusing my mom of cheating when she didn't
I wish the psycho bitch that I used to call my second mom would die
I want high school to be over
I want to stop fighting with my best friend
I want someone to like me for more then a friend
I don't want to screw up tomorrow on the ACT
I don't want to screw up this new possible friendship with someone close to my heart
And more then anything I need a hug, and someone to hold me while I'm crying...but no one is here to do that....

Okay...rant/list thing over

Angie
03-11-2008, 03:42 AM

:Hug2:

It gets better. I know everyone says that, but it's true. High school isn't forever. Take it from someone who was *miserable* in high school.

Unique
03-11-2008, 03:54 AM
Also, I second the notion that you must be on drugs. And whatever they are, they must be really freaking good to turn you into... Whatever it's called when completely rotten bastards start saying they want to "share the love" with fellow members. So I want some of your drugs. PM me for a drop-location, and let's make a deal.
Ditto.

Thread Summary:
[LIST]
BF's lost the plot, and now wants to share the love with his fellow members.
COLOR]
BF's lost something alright. Plot? Plot of wot? Plot bunnies of doom invaded his desk whilst he was out shopping (and forgetting food).
Steak, BF. It's wot's for dinner. :D

[COLOR=blue]ranting counts right?
I want high school to be over
I want to stop fighting with my best friend
I don't want to screw up this new possible friendship with someone close to my heart
And more then anything I need a hug, and someone to hold me while I'm crying...but no one is here to do that....

Get your revenge as a successful adult. HS sux rocks. ((HUGS))

oh yeah. My boss is a passive-agressive personality type and she's making us all crazy. (ier)

KTC
03-11-2008, 03:55 AM
I rolled up the rim and won a free coffee today.

rhymegirl
03-11-2008, 04:00 AM
:Hug2:

It gets better. I know everyone says that, but it's true. High school isn't forever. Take it from someone who was *miserable* in high school.

You are right, Angie. Hugs from me, too.

I'm with ya, I hated high school. College was much better.

Angie
03-11-2008, 04:06 AM
I rolled up the rim and won a free coffee today.

My coffee's better.

http://www.reallynatural.com/archives/Coffee%20Lover.jpg

Eskimo1990
03-11-2008, 04:07 AM
Thanks guys :)

:Hug2: to everyone one who gave me a hug

KTC
03-11-2008, 04:13 AM
My coffee's better.

http://www.reallynatural.com/archives/Coffee%20Lover.jpg

Bless you coffee heart to pieces...yes it is better. But I had no Angie rims to roll up! Thanks...I'll take this one...looks lovely.

Hillary
03-11-2008, 04:48 AM
Ditto.

I think the forgetfulness is a sign of the drug use. But I haven't gotten a PM about a deal going down.

So let's steal his drugs.

I need them. I have to go to WORK in 45 minutes. I do NOT want to go.

*sulk*

Oh, I went out to dinner tonight. That was actually fun.

Also, my hair didn't cooperate with me today. That is so lame. It's all weird and wavy and yick.

rhymegirl
03-11-2008, 04:58 AM
Poor BF. I'm starting to feel bad for him.

davids
03-11-2008, 05:07 AM
BTHOOM!!!!

rhymegirl
03-11-2008, 05:34 AM
BTHOOM!!!!

I forget what BTHOOM stands for, Dave.

Hillary
03-11-2008, 06:09 AM
I forget what BTHOOM stands for, Dave.

I thought it was just an interesting sound... It stands for something?

rhymegirl
03-11-2008, 06:23 AM
I thought it was just an interesting sound... It stands for something?

Yeah. The letters stand for some expression, but I can't remember what it is.

rhymegirl
03-11-2008, 06:27 AM
Oh, I just looked it up.

It's: Beats The Hell Out Of Me.

Hillary
03-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Yeah. The letters stand for some expression, but I can't remember what it is.

Google to the rescue...

Beats The Hell Out Of Me.

ETA: NOOOOOOOO!!! You beat me! Apologize!

melaniehoo
03-11-2008, 06:28 AM
BTHOOM!!!!

But then he's out of mustard?

ETA: OK, those make more sense. ;)

Hillary
03-11-2008, 06:30 AM
But then he's out of mustard?

ETA: OK, those make more sense. ;)

But yours is more fun, Mel. And I'm under the assumption that's what the OP is all about.

That, and the systematic demolition of writing-related brain cells.

melaniehoo
03-11-2008, 06:31 AM
But yours is more fun, Mel. And I'm under the assumption that's what the OP is all about.

That, and the systematic demolition of writing-related brain cells.

I try to do my share.

rhymegirl
03-11-2008, 06:39 AM
Google to the rescue...

Beats The Hell Out Of Me.

ETA: NOOOOOOOO!!! You beat me! Apologize!

Awww, I'm sorry. I am fast. And I'm a reporter. I have a nose for news. Must get info lightning fast.

Hillary
03-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Awww, I'm sorry. I am fast. And I'm a reporter. I have a nose for news. Must get info lightning fast.

I accept your apology. Please don't let it happen again.

So, okay... Because once in a while I want to post appropriately...

HUGE drama at my work. We have a comm log so the staff on various shifts can communicate with one another and communicate about issues with the guys, etc. There is MAJOR shit-talking going down between one staff and the house manager. Yikes. I'm glad I work the overnight shift. Things are getting nasty, and I think our program director and the executive director are going to be involved later this week.

Wish me luck at the staff meeting on Wednesday!

melaniehoo
03-11-2008, 06:44 AM
Good luck Hillary!

I have no drama. I sit at home most of the day.

kellytijer
03-11-2008, 06:57 AM
I'm excited because my critique group is tomorrow night. Even though I didn't submit anything for critique for the first time in forever. Because it feels like a job. I quit my job in June with my husband's blessing, but I feel unproductive sometimes, even though I'm writing (usually) and staying home with my three year old and nine year old and being a frickin' awesome housewife.

Whenever I start feeling like I miss being around other adults in a work environment, I look down at my stocking feet and sexually harass something or say some curse words out loud (the latter two if the three year old isn't in the room). Then I remember that those things weren't allowed in the office, and I feel very free.

But still, I don't feel like I'm contributing to society/my family's finances. Hopefully, the writing will pan out in that regard in the future. In the meantime, my critique group is great because I feel like I'm helping, and I know I'm appreciated, y'know?

Stew21
03-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Coyotes out behind the house woke me up at 3:30 this morning.
How big is their pack? It sounds like twenty of them are out there at a time, but they don't travel in packs that big. Every neighbor (and there aren't very many of those - the closest are 1/4 - 1/2 mile away) has a dog and every dog barks when the coyotes come near. How are the other people in my house still sleeping? Kids wake up at a pin drop most times.

KTC
03-11-2008, 02:18 PM
My arms are killing me. My son and I had a dumb tournament thingy on Wii last night...his idea, not mine! Now I have Wii-itus. I will use this thread as a complaints department today.

Devil Ledbetter
03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
My arms are killing me. My son and I had a dumb tournament thingy on Wii last night...his idea, not mine! Now I have Wii-itus. I will use this thread as a complaints department today.I was sore for two days after I played the boxing game.

But you should see my Eddie Vedder Wii Mii. He rawwwwks!

KTC
03-11-2008, 02:39 PM
I was sore for two days after I played the boxing game.

But you should see my Eddie Vedder Wii Mii. He rawwwwks!

lol. I have a Robert Smith Wii. He rawwwwks too.

We played this racing game for a while...then target practice, but we always go back to the sports. My arms are stinging because of baseball and bowling. (I got 9 homeruns in one inning!)

Have you ever played the practice bowling one where there's over 100 pins to knock down?

Devil Ledbetter
03-11-2008, 02:43 PM
lol. I have a Robert Smith Wii. He rawwwwks too.

We played this racing game for a while...then target practice, but we always go back to the sports. My arms are stinging because of baseball and bowling. (I got 9 homeruns in one inning!)

Have you ever played the practice bowling one where there's over 100 pins to knock down?I love that you have a Robert Smith one. It's uncanny how much my Eddie Mii looks like Eddie. And hilarious when he loses a game and pouts.

I haven't played the bowling practice. My favorite game so far is the crazy cow race.

We gave DD Dance, Dance Revolution for her birthday last night. I was booed (by the game, not by DD - she's thrilled).

KTC
03-11-2008, 02:49 PM
lol. booed by a Wii game...that hurts.

My son likes the crazy cow race too. I keep hittin' the fence on that thing!

Hillary
03-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Eden keeps trying to give me a massage. Help.

Hillary
03-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for all the help, guys. Hmph.

BTW, that rep did not count as "help" by any definition of the word. You know who you are.

rhymegirl
03-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Is this place still open for business?

I have another complaint.
Sent an email to an editor because I still haven't gotten paid and it's been about 3 weeks and I need the money to buy food or else I'm gonna have to eat the tablecloth. So what does he tell me? He sent my invoices to "corporate". That's it. In other words, "It's out of my hands. Can't help ya." No clue as to when my money will end up in my mailbox. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

zahra
03-11-2008, 10:27 PM

Sent an email to an editor because I still haven't gotten paid and it's been about 3 weeks and I need the money to buy food or else I'm gonna have to eat the tablecloth. So what does he tell me? He sent my invoices to "corporate". That's it. In other words, "It's out of my hands. Can't help ya." No clue as to when my money will end up in my mailbox. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I am sending you a food parcel immediately. It will have Marks and Spencers scampi in it.

Hillary
03-11-2008, 10:31 PM

Shoot them. Or, have me shoot them. Then the gun was out of your hands...

zahra
03-11-2008, 10:43 PM
I accept your apology. Please don't let it happen again.

So, okay... Because once in a while I want to post appropriately...

HUGE drama at my work. We have a comm log so the staff on various shifts can communicate with one another and communicate about issues with the guys, etc. There is MAJOR shit-talking going down between one staff and the house manager. Yikes. I'm glad I work the overnight shift. Things are getting nasty, and I think our program director and the executive director are going to be involved later this week.

Wish me luck at the staff meeting on Wednesday!

Get in there and stir things up! You're a wordsmith, you can manage to turn things into a bloodbath without anyone quite understanding what happened. Fun!

rhymegirl
03-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Shoot them. Or, have me shoot them. Then the gun was out of your hands...

Nah, I'll just borrow BF's baseball bat.

Eskimo1990
03-12-2008, 01:03 AM
More to...well its not really a rant I guess...
Me and my best friend are always fighting...We've fought more in the last 3 months then in the 4 years that I've known her. We hardly talk either anymore....when we do it's small conversation...or fighting. I hate it. I hate fighting with her so much... I broke her heart because I was f***ing ignorant of my big mouth. I can't shut up for one f***ing second and I completely cut her off to talk about....well this guy Matt...not going into THAT story because it's too long. I didn't even realize I did it. And now me and my best friend aren't okay...Something happened to us....something changed that is causing us to fight constantly.....sigh

melaniehoo
03-12-2008, 01:06 AM
I have a gripe.

After running errands this morning I got home just in time for my husband to call and tell me he needed me to drive some guests from the hotel where we works to the airport. I've done this before and it's a quick way to make money, so no problem EXCEPT he went out partying for his birthday last night and spilled tequila in the car. They were at the beach and he claims he didn't drink much of it, it was all his friends (yeah...) and the car REEKS. It was also filled with sand and the trunk still had a lot of crap from our road trip. Guess who got to clean the car?

Oh, and just the SMELL of tequila makes me want to vomit.

Anthony Matias
03-12-2008, 01:22 AM
I love the smell of tequila in the morning. :)

melaniehoo
03-12-2008, 01:24 AM
I love the smell of tequila in the morning. :)

And it's fricking hot outside so it's baked to perfection. I was already soaked with sweat after the errands and cleaning the car didn't help. We're on the fourth floor and I had to go up and down a couple times. I love my husband, I love my husband, I love my husband...

:)

KTC
03-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Tequila cookies good.

melaniehoo
03-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Tequila cookies good.

You're not helping.

Angie
03-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Nah, I'll just borrow BF's baseball bat.

I'm not quite done with it yet. There are still survivors.

brokenfingers
03-14-2008, 02:07 AM
I'm saddened, saddened I say, to discover that nobody took my intent for this thread seriously. Sigh...

Anyways, I've been working odd hours and my sleep is definitely off. As a consequence, I'm increasingly irritable and sleep-deprived.

Also, they have a 'No Drinking' policy at work. What kind of madness is that?!

Bastards.

Angie
03-14-2008, 02:22 AM
I'm saddened, saddened I say, to discover that nobody took my intent for this thread seriously. Sigh...

Have you forgotten where you're posting?? Duh...

Bastards.

We have that policy where I work, too. I wrote a strongly worded letter.

On a completely unrelated note, someone from the head office came last week to talk to us about harassment and violence in the workplace. He kept looking at me, and wouldn't turn his back. I think he was on drugs that were making him paranoid.

rhymegirl
03-14-2008, 02:35 AM

You are incorrect. I myself have bitched in this thread a couple of times.

Now, would you prefer a Wow moment? Okay, I had an article published on the front page of a well-known newspaper in my state. And, um, I won some money in a contest. And, uh, the boo-boo on my nose is almost all better.

All Wow moments, yes?

Angie
03-14-2008, 02:38 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, RG!!!! :D

Anthony Matias
03-14-2008, 02:39 AM

Now, would you prefer a Wow moment? Okay, I had an article published on the front page of a well-known newspaper in my state. And, um, I won some money in a contest. And, uh, the boo-boo on my nose is almost all better.

All Wow moments, yes?

Great RG! :snoopy:

melaniehoo
03-14-2008, 02:56 AM

All Wow moments, yes?

WOW! Congratulations!

zahra
03-14-2008, 03:04 AM
I got offered a job teaching ESL today!!! That's a big wow. But I have to be guaranteed enough hours so my standard of living (where's the smilie for 'laughs bitterly'?) doesn't hit the 'might as well be dead' mark. Also, having worked at the club for two years, I no longer own any day-time clothes. Everything in my wardrobe sweeps the floor and/or plunges at the neck and/or twinkles.

Angie
03-14-2008, 03:08 AM
You can't teach ESL in a floor-sweeping, plunging, twinkling outfit? :ROFL:

Congrats on the new job, anyway. And here's hoping you get all the hours you need. :D

melaniehoo
03-14-2008, 03:10 AM
Congrats Zahra! Sounds like a good excuse for some new clothes. Or an experiment de-sparkling things. :D

Hillary
03-14-2008, 05:24 AM
I'm at work. One of the people I support is sick.

So, hey, I'm SO gonna get sick.

*sigh*

LAME!

Hillary
03-14-2008, 05:46 AM

Lies. Deception. I (eventually) embraced the purpose.

What exactly do you do that you think you can be productive while drunk?

kristie911
03-14-2008, 05:53 AM
What exactly do you do that you think you can be productive while drunk?

I can be productive at many things when I'm drunk...unfortunately, work is not one of them. *sigh*

Hillary
03-14-2008, 05:59 AM
I can be productive at many things when I'm drunk...unfortunately, work is not one of them. *sigh*

See, I think I COULD be productive at work while drunk. So long as nothing went WRONG. But since I can't predict that - no drinking for Hillary.

I just have the feeling BF isn't working the same sort of job I am and now I'm curious. For some reason, I could see him being something totally outrageous, like a lion tamer. With one of those top hats, making overzealous gesticulations.

rhymegirl
03-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Get ready for another rant.

The person in accounting (at a magazine) who I talked to on MONDAY when looking for my payment, took my phone number, said she'd check into it and call me back never did. I called her back TODAY. She answered the phone. Know what she said? "I still haven't gone through the file yet. It's a big file. I'll go through it next week and get back to you."

WHERE IS THAT BASEBALL BAT????

And the money I'm expecting from the newspaper? Still no check in my mailbox. Have I ever mentioned that it stinks being a freelancer?

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::r ant::rant::rant::rant:

Hillary
03-14-2008, 08:34 PM

I bet someone borrowed it and didn't put it back.

I hate it when people don't put things back in their proper location.

Lame, lame, lame. Hmph.

(I'm still at work, btw. Relief staff called in sick. So I went in at 9:00pm last night and I'm stuck here until 4:00pm tonight. Nothing like a 19-hour shift to make you bitter as hell. :))

rhymegirl
03-14-2008, 08:38 PM

Let's blame Brokenankles.

Hillary
03-15-2008, 03:38 AM
Let's blame Brokenankles.

And/or his not-properly-trained lion.

I have to go back to work in roughly two seconds (erm, two hours, same thing). I'm exceedingly bitter.

brokenfingers
03-15-2008, 04:22 AM
Get ready for another rant.

The person in accounting (at a magazine) who I talked to on MONDAY when looking for my payment, took my phone number, said she'd check into it and call me back never did. I called her back TODAY. She answered the phone. Know what she said? "I still haven't gone through the file yet. It's a big file. I'll go through it next week and get back to you."

And the money I'm expecting from the newspaper? Still no check in my mailbox. Have I ever mentioned that it stinks being a freelancer?

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::r ant::rant::rant::rant:

Lame, lame, lame. Hmph.

(I'm still at work, btw. Relief staff called in sick. So I went in at 9:00pm last night and I'm stuck here until 4:00pm tonight. Nothing like a 19-hour shift to make you bitter as hell. :))

Here you go. I uh... had to borrow it for a minute.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/samiamin/JDSPersonalizedBatLg-1.jpg

rhymegirl
03-15-2008, 04:24 AM
Hillary, I found it.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/rhymegirl/baseballbat.jpg

Ah! Now I can go see about that money I'm owed.

Ha ha! Posted at the same time. I like YOUR bat better.

Oberon
03-15-2008, 05:00 AM
I bit my tongue this morning. Hard. When I was sound asleep (at last). Ruined the day. Plus constant headaches sent me to the doctor. Brain tumor for sure. Or stroke. or some mysterious conglomeration of symptoms that would require consultation with House. TMJ, whatever that means, jaw out of whack. Alleve, eat soft foods. Between tongue and jaw I would like to go into a coma for a week or so, but I have jury duty next week. Where is the drug drop going to take place?

Hillary
03-15-2008, 05:07 AM
Where is the drug drop going to take place?

Million dollar question. Ask Bill. He refuses to answer me.

I HAVE TO GO BACK TO WORK IN TWENTY MINUTES. There was hair-pulling this morning by one of the people I support. I wonder if I'm the next victim.

I love my job, I love my job, I love my job...

Hillary
03-15-2008, 05:14 AM
Incidentally, Bill, I'd like to log a FORMAL COMPLAINT about your thread. I was under the impression it was for spreading the love.

However, I received a rep after my post saying I might get sick that said "How can you get sick? You're already sick."

I found this deeply insulting, and I think you need to be clearer with your posters concerning the purpose of this thread.

(Or just give me drugs.)

Thank you for your time, and have a nice day.

brokenfingers
03-15-2008, 05:18 AM
Incidentally, Bill, I'd like to log a FORMAL COMPLAINT about your thread. I was under the impression it was for spreading the love.

However, I received a rep after my post saying I might get sick that said "How can you get sick? You're already sick."

I found this deeply insulting, and I think you need to be clearer with your posters concerning the purpose of this thread.

(Or just give me drugs.)

Thank you for your time, and have a nice day.I'm sure they meant it in the best way possible. I think 'sick' is the new 'bad'.

Also, I don't do drugs so I can't share what I don't have.

And for future reference, all complaints from now on go to Rob.

zahra
03-15-2008, 05:23 AM
And/or his not-properly-trained lion.

I have to go back to work in roughly two seconds (erm, two hours, same thing). I'm exceedingly bitter.

I bet I'm more bitter about my job than you are about yours.

Who here has the suckiest job? Not the freelance writers amongst us, by the way - you aren't even allowed to enter the competition.

Hillary
03-15-2008, 06:23 AM
I think 'sick' is the new 'bad'.

Wow. You're so rad it hurts. (Really, I'm in pain. Please stop trying to be up on the lingo.)

I bet I'm more bitter about my job than you are about yours.

I'm so ready to play this game... Bring it!

rhymegirl
03-15-2008, 06:49 AM
Who here has the suckiest job? Not the freelance writers amongst us, by the way - you aren't even allowed to enter the competition.

Yes suh. The pay is lousy.

rhymegirl
03-15-2008, 06:55 AM
And for future reference, all complaints from now on go to Rob.

Oh okay. I'll start PMing him right away!

Hillary
03-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Many thanks to you, RG, for reps and being properly shamed. :)

Everyone, a collective "You poor thing" for me: I had to sit and fill out incident reports this morning. Ergh.

Hillary
03-16-2008, 02:24 AM
I nearly forgot to mention - I almost threw up at work today. I can handle ALL kinds of gross things with ease. My only downfall is I have a sensitive sense of smell. So, this morning, opening the door to one of the rooms in the house... Dear GOD.

I flew into the bathroom and starting gagging. I didn't actually puke, but I was damn close. *sigh* I have to go back to work in an hour, btw.

Also, details are still sketchy, but I think my boyfriend is going to kill my mother... That warrants a "wow" I think.

TrainofThought
03-16-2008, 02:38 AM
I nearly forgot to mention - I almost threw up at work today. I can handle ALL kinds of gross things with ease. My only downfall is I have a sensitive sense of smell. So, this morning, opening the door to one of the rooms in the house... Dear GOD.

I flew into the bathroom and starting gagging. I didn't actually puke, but I was damn close. *sigh* I have to go back to work in an hour, btw.

Also, details are still sketchy, but I think my boyfriend is going to kill my mother... That warrants a "wow" I think.WOW! Just supportin' your 'wow factor,' Hillary.

Carry on.

Matera the Mad
03-16-2008, 03:10 AM
Small amusing anecdote. I spent some time this morning trying to help someone on the wrong side of an ocean debug some code by running something on my computer while it was linked to his. Our efforts were pretty much a joke, thanks to my slow Internet connection. Then his connection pooped out. Then he found another way to test his bug. He PMed me a bit later (in another forum) to tell me it turned out to be a teeny-tiny TYPO.

Computers are danged fussy about spelling :D

zahra
03-16-2008, 04:31 AM
I HAVE MICE!!!

I just don't bloody believe this! Mice! I've never had mice! But, in addition to tramping mud all over my two-month-old, pale carpet, the guys who put in my new kitchen left a great big rectangular entry-way under my sink.

I've been keeping quiet about this, trying not to panic, partly because I thought it was just one. But I got one with a glue-trap this morning, two hours of relief, then I saw another one.

I F:@@@@@@****ING HATE MICE!

I feel so stressed and horrified; I can't sit in my living-room without starting at imaginary (and worse, not imaginary) scamperings and I am so afraid they're going to get into my bedroom - I swear I'm moving out if that happens.

Oh, dear God, it wanted but this.:mad::e2cry:

Hillary
03-16-2008, 04:53 AM
I HAVE MICE!!!

I just don't bloody believe this! Mice! I've never had mice! But, in addition to tramping mud all over my two-month-old, pale carpet, the guys who put in my new kitchen left a great big rectangular entry-way under my sink.

I've been keeping quiet about this, trying not to panic, partly because I thought it was just one. But I got one with a glue-trap this morning, two hours of relief, then I saw another one.

I F:@@@@@@****ING HATE MICE!

I feel so stressed and horrified; I can't sit in my living-room without starting at imaginary (and worse, not imaginary) scamperings and I am so afraid they're going to get into my bedroom - I swear I'm moving out if that happens.

Oh, dear God, it wanted but this.:mad::e2cry:

Today I started on a campaign to convince everyone that I should get a rat. Cutest, sweetest animals ever. Like Remy in Ratatouille! I want one!

zahra
03-16-2008, 05:25 AM
Today I started on a campaign to convince everyone that I should get a rat. Cutest, sweetest animals ever. Like Remy in Ratatouille! I want one!
I...don't quite know what to say...The idea that someone would willingly...I'm going to look for some smelling salts now, if you'll excuse me.

brokenfingers
03-16-2008, 05:30 AM
Today I started on a campaign to convince everyone that I should get a rat. Cutest, sweetest animals ever. Like Remy in Ratatouille! I want one! Where the hell's my bat when I need it?

RG!!!!!

Hillary
03-16-2008, 05:39 AM
I...don't quite know what to say...The idea that someone would willingly...I'm going to look for some smelling salts now, if you'll excuse me.

If you can look as this adorable Dumbo rat and NOT go "awwww" you DO need smelling salts.

~CLICKY~ (http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r209/pinkdogwoods/dumbo.jpg)

Where the hell's my bat when I need it?

RG!!!!!

*squints*

Let's be clear. Are you trying to attack ME with the bat, or my fictional rats?

brokenfingers
03-16-2008, 06:12 AM
*squints*

Let's be clear. Are you trying to attack ME with the bat, or my fictional rats?Obviously, my fictional bat is intended for use against your fictional rats. I'd never hit a woman who squints like she's Clint Eastwood, with a bat.

Such an instance obviously requires a gun. A magnum.

Eskimo1990
03-16-2008, 06:15 AM
If you can look as this adorable Dumbo rat and NOT go "awwww" you DO need smelling salts.

I said "awww" right away It's cute :)

writerterri
03-16-2008, 08:12 AM
I can spell wow backwards.

Wow.

My brain hurts now.

KikiteNeko
03-16-2008, 09:38 AM
"Wow, Lauren... what will you do if NOBODY wants to publish your novel?" :)

:(

Hillary
03-16-2008, 09:45 AM
"Wow, Lauren... what will you do if NOBODY wants to publish your novel?"

"I don't know ______, what are you going to do when I ruin your face?"

Works every time. Chin up!

KikiteNeko
03-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Aww.

"I don't know ______, what are you going to do when I ruin your face?"

Works every time. Chin up!

zahra
03-16-2008, 10:02 PM

I did not go 'awww'. I didn't anywhere NEAR go 'awww'. Unless 'Aaaagh' is near 'awww'.

zahra
03-16-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm so ready to play this game... Bring it!

Reasons why my job sucks more than yours:

# 204. It's Sunday. And I'm here til 12 in the morning. With no break, cos I'm on my own.
# 206. It's poker night. So tonight I get to deal with angry Alpha males who have to go home and face their even angrier wives, after having gambled away little Oberon's Chinese tutoring fund.
# 207. It's Maciej taking over from me tonight, and he is always ALWAYS late, so although I should be leaving at 12 because I have no break, the reality is, I won't get out of here til 12.30.
#208. I'm on for 6 days in a row because of incompetent rota-ing
#209. The owner's nanny is having a birthday party here soon, and she's horrid and the owner will be haunting the place with his great fat-faced grin and all the managers will be nervous and it will just be vile, on top of the usual Saturday-night vileness of drunkards and cokeheads and egos and blaggers and finishing at 2.30 in the morning.
#210. The music piped around this place drives me up the wall.
#211. The guests smoke outside the door just opposite me, and the fag smoke comes straight in at me. I'm actually getting more 2nd-hand smoke now than when they were allowed to smoke in the building!
#212. I'm not allowed to sit down. The floor is concrete. I have back-ache.

WHEEEEE!!!!

Hillary
03-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Reasons why my job sucks more than yours:

# 204. It's Sunday. And I'm here til 12 in the morning. With no break, cos I'm on my own.
# 206. It's poker night. So tonight I get to deal with angry Alpha males who have to go home and face their even angrier wives, after having gambled away little Oberon's Chinese tutoring fund.
# 207. It's Maciej taking over from me tonight, and he is always ALWAYS late, so although I should be leaving at 12 because I have no break, the reality is, I won't get out of here til 12.30.
#208. I'm on for 6 days in a row because of incompetent rota-ing
#209. The owner's nanny is having a birthday party here soon, and she's horrid and the owner will be haunting the place with his great fat-faced grin and all the managers will be nervous and it will just be vile, on top of the usual Saturday-night vileness of drunkards and cokeheads and egos and blaggers and finishing at 2.30 in the morning.
#210. The music piped around this place drives me up the wall.
#211. The guests smoke outside the door just opposite me, and the fag smoke comes straight in at me. I'm actually getting more 2nd-hand smoke now that when they were allowed to smoke in the building!
#212. I'm not allowed to sit down. The floor is concrete. I have back-ache.

WHEEEEE!!!!

I work weekends. Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night. I have no life.
My short shifts (8 hours) run from midnight to 8:00am. My long shifts (16 hours) run from 5:00pm to 9:00am. These are awake shifts, and I am the only staff on.
I quit smoking. Recently. It makes the lull of the 2:00am - 4:00am hours painful as all hell.
My manager doesn't do her job, is thisclose to being fired, and we (the other staff) have to pick up ALL her slack so we don't get written up, and our guys don't suffer.
A good night includes being yelled at, having things thrown at me, and changing adult diapers.
A decent night involves the above plus human-waste messes so foul I end up gagging over the garbage can, being attacked, and writing 7-page Incident Reports while giving meds on no sleep and being asked the same questions literally 30-40 times.
A bad night involves sitting in the hospital ER for (overnight, of course), getting peed on, holding down a grown man with mental retardation as incompetent doctors and nurses insist on taking his temperature rectally, and telling him not to rip out his IV every 5-10 seconds. For eleven straight hours. Without eating.I could go on, if you feel we need a round two to determine a winner... Btw, who is judging this?

zahra
03-17-2008, 01:01 AM
That's a point. Who IS judging this?

But your job does sound hellish, and you sound very brave to do it, all of which is going to make me sound like a sulky baby when I say:

#6,750 - Every now and then, someone I knew in the past when I was a hopeful little actress will swan in, all glossy with their success as a writer, actor, BBC producer or TV presenter. I recently had to duck behind the desk to avoid a face-to-face with one of my ex-fiance's friends, now a national magazine and newspaper columnist with photo and everything. I could not NOT NOT bear the thought of her telling him this was what I was doing nowadays. You know your job sucks when you have to fling yourself onto a none-too-clean floor to avoid being seen doing it.

Hillary
03-17-2008, 02:20 AM
That's a point. Who IS judging this?

I would recommend Bill, being as this is "his" thread. But I recently called him delusional, and I fear he would side with you even if I got hot pokers through my eyeballs every single day.

#6,750 - Every now and then, someone I knew in the past when I was a hopeful little actress will swan in, all glossy with their success as a writer, actor, BBC producer or TV presenter. I recently had to duck behind the desk to avoid a face-to-face with one of my ex-fiance's friends, now a national magazine and newspaper columnist with photo and everything. I could not NOT NOT bear the thought of her telling him this was what I was doing nowadays. You know your job sucks when you have to fling yourself onto a none-too-clean floor to avoid being seen doing it.

I would do the exact same thing. Probably faster and with less dignity. :)

brokenfingers
03-18-2008, 12:24 AM
I would recommend Bill, being as this is "his" thread. But I recently called him delusional, and I fear he would side with you even if I got hot pokers through my eyeballs every single day.
I won't dispute that I have my days, but I'm not the person to judge this.

I suggest, if you want this question answered, that someone start a new thread about sucky jobs or maybe start a poll. Sounds like you two have a leg up on the competition but I suspect there are a lot of others in the running.

Hillary
03-18-2008, 02:48 AM
I'm going to have to go ahead and say I love this thread. I got the nicest rep point I've ever gotten from a post in here.

Amazing.

Hillary
03-20-2008, 05:40 AM
I refuse to let this thread die. I need a place to whine and/or share the love, as Bill put it.

So, right now, a little of that love-stuff...

Meet Daisy, the newest member of my household!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l299/hyphill/DaisyDog1.jpg

(She's my roommate's new dog.)

zahra
03-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Belatedly - what a lovely dog! Awwwwww!

Angie
03-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Daisy is adorable! :D

Whine: My sister is having health issues (mentioned in another thread, so I won't go into it here). They still don't know what's wrong. :rant:

Hillary
03-26-2008, 03:37 AM
Ooooo, I thought I had killed Bill's thread. Killed... Bill's... Killed Bill. KILL BILL!

(I amuse myself.)

Small rant: So, I lost a bet over the Superbowl. And now the consequences are finally coming to pass. Today, my lovely man bestowed upon me a Giants shirt... Which I have to wear in public. Specifically, I have to wear it to class.

Issues with this? Two big ones:

I am a DIEHARD Patriots (and Red Sox) fan.
I go to school in Boston.

Someone please just shoot me now, before someone in the city decides to relieve me of my front teeth.

zahra
03-30-2008, 12:05 AM
You see, that's why i don't do sports. The attire is so unbecoming.:)