PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasures, Anyone?

Cranky
03-10-2008, 05:41 AM
Now, I KNOW there are other threads about this (I searched), but they were quite dated, and I don't want to necrobump.

So, I'm starting a new one.

What's your guilty pleasure? TV, Movies, Books, Music...this is an all purpose confessional.

I'll start with what I'm doing right now. (Well, AW posts don't count!)

Eating my second bowl of raisin bran while on a Japanese gameshow kick. I luuuurves Ninja Warrior, and I have just discovered Unbeatable Banzuke.

Next, or must I confess alone?

William Haskins
03-10-2008, 05:44 AM
i read to deaf people.

Silver King
03-10-2008, 05:51 AM
I make passes at my wife even when I know it's the last thing on her mind. Like when she's folding laundry, or more recently, while she was bent over the sink coloring her hair.

She's not always receptive, but I get lucky once in a while.

melaniehoo
03-10-2008, 05:53 AM
I eat Nutella straight from the jar. I eat it by the spoonful and after several trips back & forth to the kitchen I bring the jar to wherever I am.

Cranky
03-10-2008, 05:57 AM
I make passes at my wife even when I know it's the last thing on her mind. Like when she's folding laundry, or more recently, while she was bent over the sink coloring her hair.

She's not always receptive, but I get lucky once in a while.

My husband does this, too, and now -thanks to the bolded- I know why he keeps on doing it.

LOL!

TrainofThought
03-10-2008, 06:00 AM
I think about sex 24/7. My shrink is helping me, but we’re still working out the kinks.

dolores haze
03-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Medical textbooks - the more pictures the better. My favorites are on obstetrics and skin diseases. Then I take a nice long bubble bath.

Devil Ledbetter
03-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Getting up early, fixing a cup of coffee and stalking KTC. Weekdays, 6:30 - 7:30 a.m. Worth the guilt.

Oh god, and the chatroom with Lyx. Guilty, guilty, guilty.

Eskimo1990
03-10-2008, 06:06 AM
Blaring my music and singing loudly
Oh and eating popcorn with lots of melted butter and parmesan cheese on it :)

melaniehoo
03-10-2008, 06:08 AM

Oh yeah. I must sing along if I know the song. Loudly. Doesn't matter who's around. Fortunately my husband is the same way.

Well, fortunately for US. Not so much for our neighbors.

Cranky
03-10-2008, 06:09 AM

I do this, too. Complete with a goofy dance. Strictly to crack up my kids, of course.

Not cuz I like, lack talent or something.

CasualObserver
03-10-2008, 06:10 AM
Nightcaps, fanfiction and eating ice cream straight from the carton with the freezer door open.

Silver King
03-10-2008, 06:23 AM
My husband does this, too, and now -thanks to the bolded- I know why he keeps on doing it.

LOL!
It's a complicated math equation: The harder you try, the more times you induce your efforts, and the more likely you are to succeed.

Hey, that can be true of writing and submitting for publication as well.

SpookyWriter
03-10-2008, 06:24 AM
I think about sex 24/7. My shrink is helping me, but we’re still working out the kinks.Got pictures?

SpookyWriter
03-10-2008, 06:26 AM
Hey, that can be true of writing and submitting for publication as well.LOL! I got's to remember than one then next time an agent refuses to bend over.

DamaNegra
03-10-2008, 06:26 AM
I eat using my hands when I'm alone. Also, I never eat at the table when I'm alone, I'd rather stand next to the counter.

TerzaRima
03-10-2008, 06:29 AM
Reading foodie magazines. Watching the Food Channel.

Bird of Prey
03-10-2008, 06:30 AM
I eat using my hands when I'm alone. Also, I never eat at the table when I'm alone, I'd rather stand next to the counter.

I eat at the counter too, but I stopped using my hands after the second bout of dysentery.

TrainofThought
03-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Got pictures?They’re locked in his safe, along with the paraphernalia. ;)

Also, I never eat at the table when I'm alone, I'd rather stand next to the counter.I eat at the counter too, while doing other things.

Cranky
03-10-2008, 06:32 AM
Reading foodie magazines. Watching the Food Channel.

Oooh! The Cake competitions rawk!

Mom'sWrite
03-10-2008, 06:34 AM
My guilty pleasure?

You mean besides AW?

Sleeping late and long, hot baths accompanied by a cold cosmo and a slick fashion mag.

Mandy-Jane
03-10-2008, 06:39 AM
A glass of wine with lunch (as opposed to waiting until night-time.)

rhymegirl
03-10-2008, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure what a guilty pleasure would be. I never feel guilty.

lute
03-10-2008, 07:02 AM
I read Japanese comic books, also known as manga, that focus on the relationships between two men (and often includes graphic sex). It's borderline obsession to the point that malexmale pairings are the only relationships that interest me recently. I'm fascinated by it.

Susie
03-10-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm not gonna answer, cuz you all know what the answer is for me. :) (No, not sex!:))

czjaba
03-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Well, for guilty pleasures, I'll let you decide.
I'm sitting here, posting on this thread at almost midnight on Sunday, knowing I have to get up for work tomorrow at 6 am. I've had a couple of drinks (yeah, alcoholic drinks) with Hubby, whose in the other room working on a new WIP. I have 2 other WIP's minimized, just waiting to be edited.
BTW, kids came home from Grandma's and I ate all their chocolate.
But, I guess the sad thing is that I really don't feel guilty at all. :D

Voyager
03-10-2008, 07:52 AM
i read to deaf people.
You're such a philanthropist. I'll bet you go into the wilds of the Amazon and force Zuruaha women to put on bras for the sake of their eternal salvation.

Guilty Pleasures: At least one romance novel per day and Hellsing anime.

MoonWriter
03-10-2008, 08:02 AM
My guilty pleasure - reading these hillarious posts for my own satisfaction and not even worring about topping them. Thanks for the laughs.

plaidearthworm
03-11-2008, 04:41 AM
Now, I KNOW there are other threads about this (I searched), but they were quite dated, and I don't want to necrobump.

So, I'm starting a new one.

What's your guilty pleasure? TV, Movies, Books, Music...this is an all purpose confessional.

I'll start with what I'm doing right now. (Well, AW posts don't count!)

Eating my second bowl of raisin bran while on a Japanese gameshow kick. I luuuurves Ninja Warrior, and I have just discovered Unbeatable Banzuke.

Next, or must I confess alone?

Ninja Warrior and Banzuke, yes! Love them, but I don't feel guilty at all about it. :)

Cranky
03-11-2008, 05:11 AM
Ninja Warrior and Banzuke, yes! Love them, but I don't feel guilty at all about it. :)

Glad to know I'm not alone.

The announcer guy (the Japanese one) for Ninja Warrior always slays me.

"Curtain Krrrring-ah!":roll:

davids
03-11-2008, 05:18 AM
interesting thread-hmmm-lessee-don't feel guilty about counting me money-it keeps my fingers fit-mmmm-don't feel guilty about a damn thing-well there was that one time over ta Pinky's I felt so damn bad I bought the place cause I did feel guilty about how the gals were being treated-so I bought it-so I guess I did feel guilty-they all love me now because I share with them-sweet kind and gentle!!!!!

DeleyanLee
03-11-2008, 05:21 AM
I'm not gonna answer, cuz you all know what the answer is for me. :) (No, not sex!:))

But do you feel guilty about it? That's the question.

sunna
03-11-2008, 05:43 AM
In the summer: Dancing, drunken volleyball, rum-injected strawberries, and medium waffle-cone-soft-serve-chocolate-dipped-twist-with-jimmies (and 10 napkins). :e2headban

In the winter: Peanut butter fudge, ribbon candy, drunken ice skating, 2-hour baths, and that x-mas present I promised myself I wouldn't buy myself. And watching Scrooged...all alone, so nobody I know sees me tear up at the ending.

WerenCole
03-11-2008, 08:10 AM
I think about sex 24/7. My shrink is helping me, but we’re still working out the kinks.

So, he gets a great workout, huh?

kellytijer
03-11-2008, 08:29 AM
I play video games....and I'm damn good at 'em too. :D