The 'I have relationship issues' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lute

I was looking to see if there was any kind of post similar to this one around, but I couldn't find anything so I thought I would start one (feel free to delete it if I bypassed something!).

This is the place to rant about issues you are having with your significant other/family members/friends/animals/God/etc. ;) Or perhaps the frustration stems from a lack of relationships. Or maybe you're bitter. Let's all complain as a single, obnoxious unit!

At any rate, I'm sure not all of us (sometimes socially awkward) writers here at AW are happily in love and have perfect relationships with everyone we meet. Are your parents agitating you? Do you want to throw a shoe at your friends? Did your dog pee in your bed last night? Let it all out right here.

I guess I will start off the cheese and whine festival.

Never had a significant other because I am one of those 'rejectors.' However, I've had a friend for a long time who, at one point, I fell in love with. The feelings weren't mutual, and so I got over it and healed (over a four year process, mind you). Now that I have moved on, suddenly he is showing signs of interest. It's flattering and I'm doing the "what if" scenario as I type. But it's bothersome that after my awkward teenage years I finally harvested some magnificent feminine assets and only now is he attracted to me now? Fantastic. Next, please.

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread :)

Guess I'll go second

A guy I was involved with for maybe 5 months last year is back in my life. It's so hard not to go back to the way things were between me and him. There are so many 'what if' scenarios for me and him....but we can never be....

He was the source of so many problems with me, and my friends. I know that some of my best friends would be so disappointed in me if I went back with him....but....God that attraction and chemistry is just THERE, and it's getting so hard to ignore now. I think I could love him too....if he loved me... What the hell am I supposed to do?

Last edited:

lute

Thanks for starting this thread :)

Guess I'll go second

A guy I was involved with for maybe 5 months last year is back in my life. It's so hard not to go back to the way things were between me and him. There are so many 'what if' scenarios for me and him....but we can never be....

He was the source of so many problems with me, and my friends. I know that some of my best friends would be so disappointed in me if I went back with him....but....God that attraction and chemistry is just THERE, and it's getting so hard to ignore now. I think I could love him too....if he loved me... What the hell am I supposed to do?

Oh man, it sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place on this one. The thing is though, if he's the source of so many problems to you, there is a problem there. There may be chemistry, but if you're unhappy, or the people closest to you are unhappy, chances are it will never work out anyway. I can see your dilemma, with the attraction and the chemistry. Ugh, I really can sympathize with you.

*gives you strength*

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man, it sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place on this one. The thing is though, if he's the source of so many problems to you, there is a problem there. There may be chemistry, but if you're unhappy, or the people closest to you are unhappy, chances are it will never work out anyway. I can see your dilemma, with the attraction and the chemistry. Ugh, I really can sympathize with you.

*gives you strength*

Thanks

Problems weren't that he made me unhappy. Because he made me happy, even very happy at the best of times. I don't know...it's really kind of hard to explain...I'll explain (if you want me to I mean) through a PM though.

Stupid chemistry and attraction.

Oh and another thing....he's the only non-gay guy to ever tell me that I am attractive.

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks

Problems weren't that he made me unhappy. Because he made me happy, even very happy at the best of times. I don't know...it's really kind of hard to explain...I'll explain (if you want me to I mean) through a PM though.

Oh and another thing....he's the only non-gay guy to ever tell me that I am attractive.

Use him shamelessly then move.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...But it's bothersome that after my awkward teenage years I finally harvested some magnificent feminine assets and only now is he attracted to me?
You could pay him back by leading him on for a while, and just when he thinks he'll get his hands on those "assets," dump him like yesterday's newspaper and send him packing.

(Please don't tell any of the gentlemen around here I offered such advice, or I'll be run out of town.)

lute

Thanks

I can listen if you would like to vent :) I don't mind, and maybe I could be some help!

Curse those adorable gay guys (not really. I love them)! Always being wonderful and complimenting. I'd like to think I was a gay man in a previous life. Anyway, that's very off-topic. Drop me a PM if you feel so inclined :)

You could pay him back by leading him on for a while, and just when he thinks he'll get his hands on those "assets," dump him like yesterday's newspaper and send him packing.

(Please don't tell any of the gentlemen around here I offered such advice, or I'll be run out of town.)

Ahahaha. I was considering it. He is still a friend of mine though, so I don't want to ruin that. Needless to say that it would empower me beyond all reason. It's cruel but he consumed four years of my life that I can't get back! :<

Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

czjaba

dreaming of the day...
Registered
Reaction score
OKay, I have a gripe.

My kids, ages 3 and 6, both girls, go to stay at my mom's for the weekend and come home MONSTERS. No naps, any kind of food they want for dinner (and sometimes chewing gum is considered a food group), they come home all sugared up, and cry about having to come home at all. I can't blame them. My mom puts up with their whining. I ignore them if they whine. I mean, I literally won't talk to them at all and won't let them in the same room with me when they are acting that way.
On Sunday, when I talk to my mom about getting the kids back (we usually meet half way between our houses for the 'exchange'), she immediately starts complaining about how the kids stay up til 2 or 3 in the morning, watching tv or crying and how no one at their house can ever get any sleep when the kids are there.
Simple solution: Keep the kids home, right?
Wrong.
Tried this once and between my mom and the kids calling each other on the phone and listening to my mom crying (literally) about how much she misses them, I let them go.
There's not much I can do about it, except bitch, so I'm glad you started this thread. My mom won't stop spoiling the kids, and I won't stop letting them go to her house. They go about 1 weekend every month, which gives me and Hubby some alone time (and partying time).

Storm Dream

Into the blue memory
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, my kind of thread!

My ex has recently popped back into my life, requesting dinner and a movie.

Is this how you usually reconnect with lost loves? I was thinking coffee. =P

lute

Oooh, my kind of thread!

My ex has recently popped back into my life, requesting dinner and a movie.

Is this how you usually reconnect with lost loves? I was thinking coffee. =P

Oh wow... that's... slightly unorthodox. Hm, I wonder what spurred that?

@ czjaba - Aww, I can see how that would be frustrating. You have every right to join in on this thread. *sympathy pat*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.