Not open for further replies.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Angelina Jolie

I find it kind of disturbing that the robots can look down on the thread from above and send advertising directly to us based loosely on whatever we're discussing at the moment. It's very 1984.

But it also gave me an idea for a game! First person posts a lot of crap about a particular subject and gets the ads to change. Next person comes in and sees if they can get the ads to change to their subject.

I don't know if this is going to work or not, but I'm going to sit here and play it with myself. Subject number 1: Angelina Jolie.

I love Angelina Jolie. She is awesome. Angelina, Angelina, Angelina! I love her lips. I loved Ms. Jolie in Tomb Raider, Alexander, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I haven't seen Taking Lives yet, but since ANGELINA JOLIE is in it, I want to see it.

Angelina Jolie Angelina Jolie Angelina Jolie Angelina Jolie Angelina Jolie Angelina Jolie!

Last edited:

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Angelina Jolie.

Damn.... I think it looks at the first few sentences. I guess I'll have to talk about Angelina Jolie some more. She truly is a very good actress. Plus, she's been nominated for a gazillion academy awards and golden globes. There was a time when Angelina Jolie was in every single movie coming out for weeks at a time it seemed, but that's okay.

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
:Smack:

Grrrrrrrr. I think it's trying to tell me something.

Speaking of Angelina Jolie, I saw a preview for the new movie with Brad Pitt called Mr. and Mrs. Smith. This is the movie that got Jennifer Aniston supposedly all in a snit because they (Brad and Angelina) became good friends during the filming.

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
:hooray:

I edited the subject, and it changed. That's the secret I guess.

So, what's your favorite movie?

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Well, I refreshed and there were ads about Brad & Jennifer, two about Angelina Jolie, and one about Angelina Ballerina. Then I went back and they were about freelance writing again. Maybe it rotates between the subject at hand and the focus of the board. Hmmmmm.

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
Rammstein!

Okay, let's see if it works.

Its no secret that my favorite band is Rammstein. I can hardly wait until I can afford to buy their new CD, Reise, Reise. I got to see their concert on DVD, Live aus Berlin, and it rocked!

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
ROFLMMFAO!

Apparently, Google ads thinks I need a life, because as soon as I posted that, it had the banner display work.com! :ROFL:

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
It was still doing Jolie ads when I pulled it up.

I'm not a big Rammstein fan, but many of my friends are. I used to have Mutter, but I don't know what I did with it. Right at this moment I'm listening to Dream Theater's Live Scenes CD.

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
XThe NavigatorX said:
It was still doing Jolie ads when I pulled it up.

I'm not a big Rammstein fan, but many of my friends are. I used to have Mutter, but I don't know what I did with it. Right at this moment I'm listening to Dream Theater's Live Scenes CD.

Creepy! You think maybe the ads are custom to the person on the computer?

I mean, you see ads with Anjeina Jolie's name, I keep seeing ads about jobs! :Wha:

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I still see the ads about the jobs, too. But I'm seeing those on other threads as well. This time it was 99 sexiest women, click here to find out about Brad and Angelina, The Academy Awards, and Ambassador Jolie. The time before it was a full banner for that job site.

I wonder if Angelina Jolie listens to Metal?

Galoot

I am a pretty pretty flower
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thegaloot.blogspot.com
Rammstein

drgnlvr said:
Its no secret that my favorite band is Rammstein. I can hardly wait until I can afford to buy their new CD, Reise, Reise. I got to see their concert on DVD, Live aus Berlin, and it rocked!

Betcha we should stop using that actress' name and start using "Rammstein" more often if we want to change the ad content up there. I'll bet a link to Rammstein.com will add some algorithmic weight and maybe change the ads to something more in common with German Heavy Metal bands.

I wish I could afford concert DVDs. That'd be on my list.

I haven't bought Rammstein's Reise, Reise yet, but it's on my to-get list, especially after downlo^H^H^H^H^H^H acquiring all the various versions of Rammstein's Amerika.

Oh, and I have to ask: Ministry? NIN? Skinny Puppy? One Zombie or another? Or is Rammstein just an anomalous blip in the radar?

Last edited:

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
Galoot said:
Betcha we should stop using that actress' name and start using "Rammstein" more often if we want to change the ad content up there. I'll bet a link to Rammstein.com will add some algorithmic weight and maybe change the ads to something more in common with German Heavy Metal bands.

I wish I could afford concert DVDs. That'd be on my list.

I haven't bought Rammstein's Reise, Reise yet, but it's on my to-get list, especially after downlo^H^H^H^H^H^H acquiring all the various versions of Rammstein's Amerika.

Oh, and I have to ask: Ministry? NIN? Skinny Puppy? One Zombie or another? Or is Rammstein just an anomalous blip in the radar?

Ugh! You need to try Herzeleid.com.

Much more interesting website!

I actually cheated, and got my hands on some of Reise Reise (a friend of mine has the CD, darn him!), and what I've heard so far is very impressive. I think I've practically memorized Ohne Dich, and I don't speak German.

I had, at one time, over 6,000 MP3s. Most came from a friend who has a very impressive CD collection that he ripped and archived, which had alot of Skinny Puppy, Legendary Pink Dots, NIN, Inccubus Succubus, Miranda Sex Garden....

Um...There was -ALOT- of stuff there, and from a variety of different genres. If I needed a tune for a mood, I had no further to look, than my hard drive. Then there was all the stuff that Sam and I had collected over the years, like Velvet Underground, Doors, Led Zepplin, etc.

And the Blues, and the classic rock, and the .......

And then.....there was all the stuff a Russian friend (and the Finnish friend, and several Dutch friends, Canadian friends, Australian friends.....) DCC'd me over the years. Much of it in languages other than english.

*ahem* Come to think of it...I think there were a couple "Zombie" titles and artists in there somewhere.

You were asking about what music I like? :ROFL:

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
German Heavy Metal

I saw Rammstein's Amerika video just the other day on Headbanger's Ball on MTV2. It's a pretty good video. :banana: <--- this banana dances almost completely in sync to it.

Here's a link to the video http://www.popzoot.tv/streamframe.php3?id=1012

Most Rammstein fans I know aren't the NIN, Skinny Puppy type. They're more the Disturbed / Slipknot type fans.

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
I have to agree about the "stereotypical" Rammstein fan. But I'm not stereotyipcal anything.

In fact, I'm downright weird.

I like me weird.

I embrace my weirdness.

Galoot

I am a pretty pretty flower
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thegaloot.blogspot.com
Disturbed works for me. I don't much like Slipknot, though. Hell, I didn't even know how to categorize my musical tastes (well, the :Headbang: stuff) until someone said they were into EBM and I said "whassat?" Now I belong! :D

(Y'think the under-30s are all shaking their heads at us?)

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
Galoot said:
Disturbed works for me. I don't much like Slipknot, though. Hell, I didn't even know how to categorize my musical tastes (well, the :Headbang: stuff) until someone said they were into EBM and I said "whassat?" Now I belong! :D

(Y'think the under-30s are all shaking their heads at us?)

Um...... EBM?

As for the "under" 30s...I'm certain of it. Just like we shook our heads at our parents when we were under 30 :wag:

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
Ah-HAH! See, now I listen to it...I never knew it was called that, though.

And I think I have some Throbbing Gristle around here, somewhere.

*looks*

Oops! Nope! We tossed it out when we threw out the rest of the science projects in the fridge.

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
Actually you got one hit for Angelina Jolie. There's one ad up there that has a heading for 99 sexiest women. I'm sure she'll be one of them.

Rob-rite

A wanderer returning...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
robsweeney-singer.tumblr.com
Spooky huh? I wasn't aware this happened. At this moment (for me) it's got two for Angelina Jolie and two for Angelina Balerina!

Status
Not open for further replies.