Magic Paraphernalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellytijer

What the hell is going on?!
Registered
Reaction score
Some of you know my husband is a stand up comedian. Not too long ago, one of his fellow comedians lost everything money-wise and asked to stay with us for a few weeks. (It turned into three months but that's a different story). This fellow comedian who stayed with us is also a "professional" magician.

His magic gear started being left all over the house. I found his fake thumb on the kitchen table. Instead of putting it back in his room, I put it atop the wooden ball finial of the lamp in the living room. It looked like the lamp was giving everyone a thumbs up.

To make a long story short, when he found the thumb on top of the lamp he got pissed.

"This is very delicate equipment," he told me.

A rubber thumb! The nerve of some people.

kellytijer

Registered
Reaction score
No white rabbit. He also told me he keeps his really important magic tricks at his grandma's. :roll:

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
Some of you know my husband is a stand up comedian. Not too long ago, one of his fellow comedians lost everything money-wise and asked to stay with us for a few weeks. (It turned into three months but that's a different story). This fellow comedian who stayed with us is also a "professional" magician.

His magic gear started being left all over the house. I found his fake thumb on the kitchen table. Instead of putting it back in his room, I put it atop the wooden ball finial of the lamp in the living room. It looked like the lamp was giving everyone a thumbs up.

To make a long story short, when he found the thumb on top of the lamp he got pissed.

"This is very delicate equipment," he told me.

A rubber thumb! The nerve of some people.

Then he shouldn't have left it around. When you're sponging off the charity of friends who have already gone above and beyond, you need to keep your mouth shut about stuff that bothers you, or go out and get a job so you can move out. Maybe that sounds a little harsh, but we have a friend who has been living in our basement since we bought the house three years ago, and I have had it up to here (hand is by eyeballs) with having him here. We had to nag him for nine months before he got a job. So I'm a little bitter about sponges.

Last edited:

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
You should tell him to take his thumb out of his _____ and move out. :)

Riley

They won't let me be good
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, I would have thought that was kind of funny. Picturing it in my mind, I'm pretty much laughing myself off the chair. Anyone walking through the room would have to do a double-take!

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, I would have thought that was kind of funny. Picturing it in my mind, I'm pretty much laughing myself off the chair. Anyone walking through the room would have to do a double-take!

I thought it was an awesome use for a fake thumb that's not currently being used for anything else, such as, say, a paying gig. If I were this magician, I would have left it there, maybe even found other cool places to put it!

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was an awesome use for a fake thumb that's not currently being used for anything else, such as, say, a paying gig. If I were this magician, I would have left it there, maybe even found other cool places to put it!

Like freezing it in the ice cube tray and putting it in someone's drink. :)

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a bit of a tricky situation. What are his prospects of being self-sufficient in the near future? It sounds as though he's started to feel at home. You'll have to start making it less comfortable for him.

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a bit of a tricky situation. What are his prospects of being self-sufficient in the near future? It sounds as though he's started to feel at home. You'll have to start making it less comfortable for him.

Egg - ZAAAACK - lee!

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
you should have told him that you didn't put it there, it just 'appeared' there. It IS a magic thumb after all.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
What a great thread. Well done Kellytijer. A big thumbs up from me.

kellytijer

Registered
Reaction score
Then he shouldn't have left it around. When you're sponging off the charity of friends who have already gone above and beyond, you need to keep your mouth shut about stuff that bothers you, or go out and get a job so you can move out. Maybe that sounds a little harsh, but we have a friend who has been living in our basement since we bought the house three years ago, and I have had it up to here (hand is by eyeballs) with having him here. We had to nag him for nine months before he got a job. So I'm a little bitter about sponges.

Yikes! Three years?

I thought it was funny...

I know, right? I made fun of him the day he went to pick up his magic gear from his grandma's house. My husband, for whatever reason, was hired by the Improv A LOT as soon as magic man moved in. He'd follow my husband up to the Improv and ask for non-paying guest spots. My husband introduced him the day he went to grandma's. He told the audience, "We've got a special treat for you guys tonight: a magician. I know, I know, but this guy's good! Yeah! He picked up his magic equipment at his grandma's today, so he's prepared.

you should have told him that you didn't put it there, it just 'appeared' there. It IS a magic thumb after all.

Good one!

Actually, he moved out a week ago. My husband went out of town for the week and I told him I wanted the magician out before he left. I don't know what became of him....but the remnants of him remain. A jacket, two pairs of shoes, business cards, and a bottle of multivitamins. In a garbage bag. In the laundry room. :ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.