PDA

View Full Version : Your flower/color

CACTUSWENDY
03-25-2005, 09:46 AM
:idea:
since srping is here let's pretend that AW is a garden. If you were a flower, what one would you be and what color? (and since Jenna keeps the weeds out no fair being one of those)

I was like to be a Yellow Rose.
..........................:)

Sarita
03-25-2005, 07:14 PM
I would like to be this Milk Thistle. Ok, it's not a flower, but it's pretty and it has barbs.

I can be mean, really, I can...Well, I can't, but sometimes I want to be!

Gehanna
03-26-2005, 05:25 AM
Saritams8 would you like for me to give you my interpretation of your flower choice as it relates to you?

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Post edited to add:

The offer still stands but as for now, I am off to watch The Incredibles with my children. I do not know when I will be back to visit the forums however, should you decide you would like me to do this, please let me know if you would prefer I send it to you via. pm or if you would rather I post it here. If I post it in view of the public, I will not be as specific or blunt (whatever you want to call it) as I would be otherwise.

Many Regards,
Gehanna

Sarita
03-26-2005, 06:08 AM
Saritams8 would you like for me to give you my interpretation of your flower choice as it relates to you?

Of Course!

Gehanna
03-26-2005, 06:11 AM
Wonderful you made it!

How would you prefer I deliver the response? See my edited post above please for explanation.

Gehanna

CACTUSWENDY
03-26-2005, 07:31 AM
oh wow...inquiring minds want to know.........:(
Of Course!

Sarita
03-26-2005, 07:34 AM
Wow, it was great. I totally recommend it for everyone... if Gehanna has the time. There were some very poignant observations, right on really.

Sarita
03-26-2005, 07:35 AM
And I would tell you what they were, but then I'd have to kill you!

sthrnwriter
03-26-2005, 07:53 AM
Since I love how they look, I would have to pick a peace rose.

CACTUSWENDY
03-27-2005, 12:47 AM
:Smack: Wow! Not ready to die for that kind of information. :)

brokenfingers
03-27-2005, 03:03 AM
And I would tell you what they were, but then I'd have to kill you!

OK. Hard times call for hard men.

I am willing to sacrifice myself for my fellow forum members.

(Brokenfingers takes a deep breath and closes his eyes...)

OK, go ahead and tell me......

Sarita
03-27-2005, 05:53 AM
OK, go ahead and tell me......

If only it were that easy BF, if only...

eldragon
03-27-2005, 06:17 AM
A beautiful red poppy.

Gehanna
03-27-2005, 07:43 AM
I do wish I had the time for more. All writing and no reading (so to speak) is causing more isolation from others than I care for.

As for my flower choice, I would have to say the Moonflower. The first time I saw one was last year. My mother had grown them in her backyard. When I saw them, I was captivated.

Gehanna

mudflat_marsh_hawk
04-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Viola - purple, yellow & white.

veinglory
04-18-2005, 02:48 PM
I would be an ordinary white and yellow field daisy,

because it's always the ones you least suspect.

thistle
04-18-2005, 06:50 PM
I would be a thistle, too.

Rose Red
04-18-2005, 08:23 PM
I would be ...a red rose...but a thornless one. My favorite flower of all.

wurdwise
04-18-2005, 08:48 PM
http://home.att.net/~larvalbugbio/honeyyellow.jpgHoneysuckle. And I'd love to know, Gehanna, if you have time, how choosing it
relates to me.

Gehanna
04-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Hello wurdwise. :)

How would you describe the Honeysuckle to someone who had never seen or heard of one before?

Sincerely,
Gehanna

TemlynWriting
04-19-2005, 12:02 AM
I would be a white daisy, or a Blue Girl (or) Sterling rose (both lavender-blue roses).

wurdwise
04-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Hello wurdwise. :)

How would you describe the Honeysuckle to someone who had never seen or heard of one before?

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Mmmhh, let's see. I would say, "It's the smell. They're no really big deal to look at, not regal or beautiful, but the fragrance on a warm summer day is what I think hope might smell like, comforting, calming, and just a tad sweet."

Gehanna
04-19-2005, 01:22 AM
What do you make of your description as it relates to you? ...

Are there any parallels you can discern?

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Celeste
04-19-2005, 01:26 AM
I do wish I had the time for more. All writing and no reading (so to speak) is causing more isolation from others than I care for.

As for my flower choice, I would have to say the Moonflower. The first time I saw one was last year. My mother had grown them in her backyard. When I saw them, I was captivated.

Gehanna

The Moonflower is beautiful! Years back, I bought this little pot that was dark blue with moons on it that come with Moonflower seeds from a little Wiccan shop. It's at night, and should be planted when the Moon is new rather than sunlight that made it grow. They open quickly in the evening and last through the night, remaining open until touched by the morning Sun. They have large 4 to 6 inch fragrant, white or pink flowers on twining vines. I was living in an apartment at the time and wasn't having much luck with them, so I planted some seeds in my mother's backyard and they were sprouting all over. They were gorgeous!

I just bought my house. I'm going to plant some Moonflower seeds and put some Rose bushes in my front yard.

Moonflower

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/avptazzy/Moonflower.jpg

Gehanna
04-19-2005, 01:58 AM
Nice :)

When you said:

They open quickly in the evening and last through the night, remaining open until touched by the morning Sun.

It reminded me of my evenings. Each night I go to sleep, my subconscious mind opens quickly and stays busy all night long! :o LOL

wurdwise
04-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Gehanna, that is so cool. Yes, the description of the honeysuckle is close in many ways to the way I perceive myself!

Gehanna
04-19-2005, 04:35 PM
I have another question for you now wurdwise.

Was the Honeysuckle not in bloom 3 months ago?

Gehanna

wurdwise
04-19-2005, 04:59 PM
I don't know the answer, Gehanna. I haven't seen a honeysuckle in years because I don't go out much, but we had vines that grew along the fence when I was a kid. My memory tells me they bloom for a long time, a big chunk of the year?

Gehanna
04-19-2005, 05:12 PM
I don't get out much either because I am living on a very tight budget right now. How come you don't you get out much?

unfabulousxox
07-30-2006, 04:03 AM
A yellow Chrysanthemum, its my birth flower :D

threedogpeople
07-30-2006, 10:43 PM
I'd be an alstromeria. They come in lots of colors to match my moods and they are tough. They survive even if they get damaged.

TrainofThought
07-30-2006, 11:13 PM
My favorite flower is Cala Lily (wrong spelling I'm sure) - color white.

NightWynde
07-31-2006, 12:32 AM
Fire Lily.

Redhead, freckled, not very well known, but I definitely stand out in a crowd.

MizzVyxen
07-31-2006, 02:17 AM
Lilly of the Valley....mmmmm

Anonymisty
07-31-2006, 05:39 AM
A bright white Gerbera daisy. For many reasons...

persiphone_hellecat
07-31-2006, 11:40 AM
I would be a big beautiful Oriental Lily. Bright, big, splashy, fabulously fragrant. Deep magenta in the center fading out to shocking white on the tips. Starting out life as a long, thin bud and then opening up to reveal six large petals reaching out in six different directions, stretching myself out and saying to the world "Look at me!" A wonderful tribute to that wonderful quote by Anais Nin "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Check them out on Martha's Flowers ...

perky_ms_d
08-03-2006, 01:31 PM
I've always wanted the scent of our national flower, the sampaguita or jasmine....

http://www.gasper-kealawaiole.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sampaguita.jpg