Bondage

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Well, not really, But I needed to get your attention- I have this character and I have her tied to a monument in a grave yard- Big thing- granite monolith with angel statue on top- Bad guy waiting for good guy to rescue her- my question is how can I have her restrained so that if he releases her she dies? But if he lets her stayed there she dies? I want him to have to chose a quick relativley painless death for her or a long torturous one- (Bad guys idea)- any idea? Bad guy is watching all this BTW-

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
The only thing that strikes me about restraints is if you could have her attached in some way that she's slowly bleeding to death - but releasing the restraints would increase the flow of blood making her die faster. I'm guessing something through the stomach would probably do it*. It depends how graphic/gory you want to be.

*this comes with the usual "I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV..." disclaimer

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
The only thing that strikes me about restraints is if you could have her attached in some way that she's slowly bleeding to death - but releasing the restraints would increase the flow of blood making her die faster. I'm guessing something through the stomach would probably do it*. It depends how graphic/gory you want to be.

*this comes with the usual "I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV..." disclaimer
LOL- disclaimer noted- thanks so much excellent idea! I think I can use that.

Tsu Dho Nimh

Registered
Reaction score
A bomb, with the wiring running through the bonds - he breaks the circuits, it explodes.

He leaves here there, she freezes or dies of heatstroke or something.

Jenifer

Now with extra neurotic filling.
Registered
Reaction score
I like the stomach impalement idea...

If he leaves her there, she slowly bleeds to death. Throw in a few hanging loops of entrails, and the graveyard critters begin to nibble before she's fully dead. That could already be going on by the time he arrives. Diseased rats for the win!

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Ooo You guys are sick and demented- I knew I could count on you! Thanks all- Great stuff- I can get a lot out of that- I love killing my characters-

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
What time and science/medical level are you setting this in? If it's modern--I have a bit more leeway...

Key is the statue:
1--she's tied, it's been hollowed and acid is coming through the runnels inside. Once she moves, the seals made by isinglass aka mica falls away and she gets covered fast, or they are eaten through if she stays tied and she dies slowly. Or the hero kills her quickly.

2-The statue is not what it seems--it's a demon set on devouring her soul as she's tied to it. It's stopped when there's no soul to devour--when she's dead. If she's cut lose the demon is freed from the statue and can still eat her--and anyone else when it's done.

3--more prosaic: behind her a very sharp point of stone from the statue has pierced her back. She doesn't bleed out due to tamponade--the stone plug. Once she's moved--no more plug massive bleed out. Or the hero can kill her. :}

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
OoO Excellent! I like 1 and 3- its modern times- she's the bait to draw the good guy out- while the good guy and bad guy have at it- she's in trouble- good guy has to get to het in time- but he doesn't- I am soooo mean- Don't worry she lives in the end- he's has empathic healing abilities.

Kurlumbenus

Registered
Reaction score
Consider the way the roman crucifixion worked. In the pose prisoners were hung, arms elevated thusly, they would slowly suffocate over a period of days to weeks before dying. Even if their wrists/ankles were pierced, it was still a long and tortuous means of death that would last days.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
In crucifixion done in the middle east, a person could also die of dehydration before asphyxiation. We've a very dry climate here with no rain for 6-8 months.

Where's the poor gal located?

Oh, can we cover her in honey and put her near an ant hill? :} evil grin

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
One problem I am seeing, but not with logistics--with originality.

In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry was also in a graveyard, and the tombstone in question was also a giant angel statue. So you're seriously at risk of inviting (unwanted?) comparison here.

Graveyard%20battle.jpg

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
One problem I am seeing, but not with logistics--with originality.

In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry was also in a graveyard, and the tombstone in question was also a giant angel statue. So you're seriously at risk of inviting (unwanted?) comparison here.

Graveyard%20battle.jpg
Man, I never consider that- Maybe my saving grace might be that this isn't YA and it's a dark thriller? I am flexable on the angel momunent as well- my main point is I need the girl to die or be near death by the time the good guy gets to her- he is empathic and has been injured in the fight with the bad guy- if he saves the girl- he won't have enough energy to save himself- he has to choose- his life for hers-

Kurlumbenus

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure there have been many literary scenes taking place in graveyards with angel shaped statues.