PDA

View Full Version : Your blog testimonial - start- develop - more

JacobWorld
03-08-2008, 04:06 AM
I would like to start a blog and maybe you can write a history of your blog this would help us all. And help you also advertise your blog .
Try to fucus on how did you start ?
How did you advertise it?
How can you make money ?
Give some tips ?
Post your link.

She_wulf
04-06-2008, 07:21 AM
I know this thread is a bit old, but I thought I'd respond with my 2 cents.

First, I'll start off with

I'm a geek, but not that much of a geek that I can code in my sleep. That said, I wanted a site of my very own. Something I had control over with design and content and naming. My very own...my Precioussss.

Sorry. 'South Park on the brain.

So I went through a search for web domains. I purchased one for 135 USD for three years. Unfortunately, it was a subsidiary of IPower. Don't use them...just don't. I don't care how cheap they are...don't use them. Have I said it enough?

OK, so with the website I've got this "handy" control interface (which if you don't know what you're doing...isn't that handy) and can have mySQL and WordPress and other such "freeware" to set up blogging, shopping bins, etc.

Virtually no customer support or support documentation.

OK. I can handle that. I'm a designer and tweaker by heart. I design my site (hand coded in Notepad with html/css markup of course, because I'm a geek.) and start to add my "easy" WordPress blog.

HA!

Do I know php? Do I even know what PHP stands for? Will I get help from the true geeks at WordPress?

That's like asking a Jedi to accept a padwan after age six.

OK. I can do this... I'll go to the library and "learn" PHP.

*snort!*

Well, I learn "enough" to get me started and make me anxious to have something "cool" on my site.

This is getting to be a long story...

Shortened version: After four months "learning" PHP (still don't know it, but can fake it like a fat white chick in a discotheque) and I have a "blog" on my personal site. (oh, and I also fake dancing "cool" too.)

Check it out:

www.my-art-case.com (http://www.my-art-case.com)

go to either the book-case or the suit-case and see the "glories" of personalize WordPress.