How do I delete my own posts/threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wandering Sensei

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
In some of my threads, I can delete the posts. In others I can't. And there are a couple threads that I started that I want deleted entirely. I can't figure out how to do it. Help?

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
I believe only moderators and admins can delete entire threads. Individual posts however can be deleted by the member. You may go in and delete the post content and ask for the thread to be removed.

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
But it should be noted than any of the posts copied over from the old board (that are grey with guest posting) can NOT be edited or deleted by the original author. Only Jenna or another supermod can do that now.

Also, if you're banned, you can't edit anything you've posted before or after the move.

And if I'm wrong with any of this information, please somemod correct me.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Heh--and let that be a reminder for all of us to pause, take a deep breathe, and make sure we really wanna say that, before we hit "send"...

Sometimes a deep breath isn't enough, and I gotta go walk around the block. <g>

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
I find googling for a post I made nearly seven years ago does it. :Jaw:

The internet has no permanent delete button. Your post can always be found again. No matter what PA and CBM try. :Wha:

Besides, you don't want to be paying Jenna's kid(s)' tuition to delete your post on the joys of working for Dorothy Deering once your career at Random House takes off. :ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.