Open, or Closed Door policy at your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Open, or Closed Door policy at your house?

I just was wondering.

At my house, there is a strict Closed Door policy

If you're going to be in the bathroom, taking care of your business, I want, no, I demand that that door remain closed. Especially if you are in there doing the 'dirtiest of all deeds.'

I know some of you out there are 'free thinkers' and all, and allow, even encourage, an Open Door policy.
Not me. Not at the mothership.

Plus, I want you to be civilized, and flush. I don't wanna have to go in there and see, or smell, your own personal hell that you left behind.
No souvenirs.

Just wondering.

Last edited:

CasualObserver

Registered
Reaction score
What I'm wondering is, is this apropros of nothing or what did someone say (or do! *squick*) to you to kick off this line of thought?

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
What I'm wondering is, is this apropros of nothing or what did someone say (or do! *squick*) to you to kick off this line of thought?

Well, I was just wondering. I'm newly single, and this could be a deal-breaker when casting about for soul-mates and the like.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I thought this would be about the FRONT door.

Closed. I have two rules: call before you come over, and call before you come over. :D

For the other, if you want an audience, rent an auditorium.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I thought this would be about the FRONT door.

Closed. I have two rules: call before you come over, and call before you come over. :D

For the other, if you want an audience, rent an auditorium.

If you leave your front door open all the time, then I'd bet that you have bigger problems than whether or not someone left some floaters

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Not only closed, but in 20 years of marriage, my husband has NEVAH heard ANYTHING...and if it's REALLY bad...I make him go for a drive...or blast the music...CLOSED DOOOR!!!!

When I was a kid, I had a neighbor I babysat for & they didn't have any doors on their masterbath. Ick, uber ick...ick..icky icky...blech...disgustimungo!!! They would just go...right there...in front of one another...absolutely beyond foul!

Last edited:

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Not only closed, but in 20 years of marriage, my husband has NEVAH heard ANYTHING...and if it's REALLY bad...I make him go for a drive...or blast the music...CLOSED DOOOR!!!!

When I was a kid, I had a neighbor I babysat for & they didn't have any doors on their masterbath. Ick, uber ick...ick..icky icky...blech...disgustimungo!!!

You are perfect. I wish you could have had a sit-down with my ex-wife and explained some things...

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
huh.

thankx for making me feel like a weirdo, you guys.

maybe the open doors go with my open mind. yeah, i'll bet that's it. :tongue

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
We're civilized at our house, thank you. We found an abandoned Port-A-John and put it in our front yard and we always close the door when using it since the police made us.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
No, some of us are just anal--no pun. When I was in labor, and hooked up to more tubes than I had veins to support, I...er...had to...um..tinkle...(gads, I'm dyin' here)...and my husband had to walk me to the bathroom in the room...and roll along the bags and tubes so I wouldn't stumble over all of it...and he swore it was okay to have the door open...I began to cry...I was going to hold tinkle, baby, and all until that damned door was as shut as possible...bless his heart...his arm was nearly cut off, closing the door as hard against it as he could...and he began singing this awful rap song, spitting and all, so he wouldn't hear tinkle hitting the water--another of my absolute horrors to be heard--and no, he doesn't tease me about it...some things a man knows...he just KNOWS he will die in his sleep if he EVAH mentions that most horrific moment!!!!!

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
We're civilized at our house, thank you. We found an abandoned Port-A-John and put it in our front yard and we always close the door when using it since the police made us.

Thanx.
Just choked on tea....kids pounding my back....I'll....be....back...can't breathe...

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
thanks, inky. i feel better. it's a little clearer which one of us needs therapy....

tip toes away quietly....then RUNS

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Open if it's number 1, closed if number 2. No idea why, but this is how it turned out.

Of course, once we have kids we'll be switching to a strict closed door policy. :)

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
When I'm home alone, door open, sometimes. If someone (including my 3 year old son) is in the house with me...door closed. And if it's someone besides my son, I close my bedroom door and then the bathroom door (I have a bathroom off the bedroom in addition to the main bathroom).

When I was married? Door closed...always. I don't care how much I like someone, I don't want to know what you're doing in there...nor do you need to know what I'm doing. They put doors on the bathroom for a reason!

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I have been together for too many years for there to be any secrets between us. He rarely closes the door, unless someone else is here. Sometimes I close it, sometimes not, but yes for me also if someone else is in the house.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
thanks, inky. i feel better. it's a little clearer which one of us needs therapy....

tip toes away quietly....then RUNS
:e2tongue:
:e2tongue:

You know...everytime I see this tongue thingy...it makes me...er...um...is this the erotica thread? No? Oh. Yeah...uh....nevah mind!

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
It suddenly dawned on me that we're having an educated poll discussion regarding shit.

Either I'm being punked, or this is slowly turning into South Park.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Closed: definitely, all the time, closed. Bathroom time is alone time in my house - which policy may stem from growing up with 3 younger siblings and a horde of younger cousins, I dunno.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
CLOSED!!!!
Even when I was married. CLOSED!!!!

Even when the kids are not home...

CLOSED!!! (the cats will 'regard' you if the door is open. It is bad enough that a trip to the bathroom always ends with at least one cat sitting outside the door when you are ready to leave)

And at work I've been known to travel to other floors if the restroom is occupied....Yes there are doors to the stalls.

AND III....we put our porta potty in the BACK YARD behind the shed.

Front Yard Indeed!

Dare I call III a hick?

Hick.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They put doors on the bathroom for a reason!

What's going on in my closet then, missy! My closet has a door as well.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
OH, Gawd..the cats...how could I have forgotten 'bout the cats. I have one, my old man--I've had him for 16 years--that has bathroom radar. If I get up to get water, he remains comatose. Somehow, he knows if it's a bathroom run. He jumps down from heating pad--don't ask--and makes a beeline for the bathroom...his belly swaying side to side, sometimes even skids 'round the corner on his side...then cuddles against my foot, lies down, and waits out the...um..well...you know.

And, if I make the mistake of getting to the bathroom and shooing him out? OMG...he scratches at the door, howls like a bitch in heat...it's horrific...his howling sounds like a child screaming...I'm surrounded by neighbors that are cops...I just KNOW one of them wonders what we're doing over here....

And don't get me started on the perv cat when I take a bath...the only time fat ass jumps anywhere without assistance is to sit on the ledge of the tub, and watch, and occassionally bat at tits...bastard!

What?
WHAT?
Y'all don't have these issues?
Um....I guess it's safe to say I just lost cool points, eh?

Personally, I think this cat was my husband in a past life.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
well, there is a guy here in Dallas, who will NOT do a no. 2 unless he is at home. Or completely alone. He spent a weekend with a new girlfriend, and actually rented a hotel room near her place, so he could go there when he needed to do that. On top of THAT, he claims that he NEVER does no 2 unless he is completely nude. So, when he goes to do that, he will take off ALL his clothes, even socks, and hang them on the door hook in the stall.

now, that is psychiatry material

Status
Not open for further replies.