PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 beatings

DWSTXS
03-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Okay, there are several things that are really beginning to piss me off, and I've decided to make a list.
These are major/minor annoyances that we find in regular life nowadays, and some of them are real beatings.
See if anything on MY list also causes you to feel as if you've had an ass-thrashing.

1.) the never-ending barrage of idiotic auto dealership commercials - all car commercials have now been relegated to 'punch-out' status on my radios now. If I hear one starting, I punch out to another station

2.) smokers in convenience stores who stand at the counter for 20 minutes trying to explain to the hapless clerk that they wanted 'a hard pack! no, not that one, the one next to it! No, the other side of it! In the green box...no, that's not green, that's blue, yeah that one right there!and on and on and on

3.) Employee/Smokers of businesses who congregate outside of the store/business and chat and smoke and force you to walk through a cancer-cloud just to go into the business so you can give them your money. Once you're inside, it's impossible to get checked out at the register, or taken care of, because all the F****ng employees are outside. I shouldn't have to walk through your stinking smoke to give you my money. Go around BACK and smoke, you dumbasses!

4.) People who call you on the phone, you answer hello, and they immediately ask you to hold. I hang up. YOU called me. If you are not ready to call, YOU can hang up and call me later. Idiot!

5.) Drivers with cell phones. I know, I know, this one has been done to death, but the morons are still at it. We need to shame the sh** out of them and keep on doing so until they stop it. I saw an a-hole today who had TWO cell phones going, plus a big fat stinking cigar, and he was steering his truck through an intersection by using his elbows. What a perfect moron.

6.) Cell phones again. This one is dedicated to the douchebags who are always on their phone. ALWAYS. They're talking loudly too, just so that you can hear every word of their latest 'deal', because, after all, they're big-shots! Here's a hint morons. we KNOW that you're just another 30k a year 'millionaire' trying to look cool. You're not. Give it up.

7.) Ties. I hate ties. Don't wear 'em. Never will again. If you want to, fine. I got no problem with that. What I DO object to is, you looking so incredibly stupid by flinging it back over your shoulder so that it looks like you've been walking through a wind tunnel. We know you haven't been doing that, and we know you're not running everywhere you go. So stop it. Buy a frigging tie-bar already. Douchebag.

8.) Gangsta lean/boom box - Okay, we get it. You're tough. You're a 'pimp'. You scare the crap out of us anyway. You're 'straight from the hood and stone cold thuggin'. But please, turn down your radio at the intersection. Your bass is so loud, so low and rumbling, that it sets off unintended BM's in the elderly. Stop it.

9.) Animation. I'm tired of it. Are Hollywood actors so pathetically bad that they can't act on-screen nowadays? Every movie is a stinking animation nowadays. I haven't seen one yet, and I won't. Spare me all the e-mails and replies about how clever and heartwarming they are. They are CARTOONS. Come on! I don't need any more cartoons. I saw all the GOOD ones growing up. Bugs Bunney and Road Runner. Casper. All this crap they put on screen nowadays is cheap pathetic imitations. Shrek vs Bugs Bunny, or Road Runner. Shrek will lose every time.

10.) Baby bumps. Let's put an end to this stupidity now. It's called pregnancy. That child in there is NOT a fu***ng 'BUMP'. Stop calling it that. How would YOU like it if someone called you a 'bump'? It's degrading and moronic. Give it up.

There you go. Hope you agree. (Not really. Because if you don't agree, then you know you're wrong.)

Hope it wasn't too much of an ass-whipping reading it.

Anybody got anymore they'd like to share?

PS- One more I forgot about.

11.) Men, young and old, who smoke those big fat stinking cigars. They think they Beauregard T. Johnstontonian the III when they're waving them around. In reality, they look like pervs with a big fat black pe-noos in their mouth.

Stew21
03-07-2008, 07:53 PM
:roll:

Inky
03-07-2008, 08:05 PM
And I thought I was PMsing...

*leans closer to D, offers spoon & Ben & Jerry's Fish-Food* The chocolate chunks are divine
*leans closer & offers percocet & tequila* Takes the edge off of Stupid People Day

Oh...and #4 made me laugh. It's been 7 years since I've had to deal with telemarketing of any kind...but I remember THAT one...used to piss me off too...I kept a whistle handy...blow that bad boy into the receiver...heheehehe...the person on the other end screams...fucking priceless...until you piss yourself laughing...and then instead of blowing the whistle, you're laughing too hard, so now you're just slobbing all over the place, sogging the whistle....hmmm...almost sounds kinky, eh?

I'm an ex-smoker, but I was a hypocrite smoker....I hated clouds and the sight of ashtrays, and the smell...in my day, it was FORBIDDEN to smoke in front of the business...you have to go out back, AND step waaaaaaay away from where anyone would enter/exit.

Boom-box drivers....I have a Bose...I simply BLAST back things like Janis Joplin (Me & My Mercedes Benze)...or, because I'm determined to spread culture (hehehehehe) Bob Marley (I Shot The Sherriff) my personal fave when driving in the states, since there's a cop every 5 minutes...warning: They have zero humor! Exodus is a great one too, mohn, if you're wanting to out out-boom/bass....but, like I said, it's really the Bose--regardless what you put in the cd drive.

You must reach down and get in touch with your feminine side. Why?
We're vindictive bitches well practiced in the art of getting even, and out-doing those that irritate us. We're natural born RAID. Stupid people check in, but they don't check out!

LadyVonFright
03-07-2008, 08:22 PM
4.) People who call you on the phone, you answer hello, and they immediately ask you to hold. I hang up. YOU called me. If you are not ready to call, YOU can hang up and call me later. Idiot!

hahaha I work in a call center and get that ALL day, its annoying, I hang up on them too.

TerzaRima
03-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Baby bumps. Let's put an end to this stupidity now. It's called pregnancy.

clap clap clap

EriRae
03-07-2008, 08:35 PM
9.) Animation. I'm tired of it. Are Hollywood actors so pathetically bad that they can't act on-screen nowadays? Every movie is a stinking animation nowadays. I haven't seen one yet, and I won't. Spare me all the e-mails and replies about how clever and heartwarming they are. They are CARTOONS. Come on! I don't need any more cartoons. I saw all the GOOD ones growing up. Bugs Bunney and Road Runner. Casper. All this crap they put on screen nowadays is cheap pathetic imitations. Shrek vs Bugs Bunny, or Road Runner. Shrek will lose every time.

I don't mind animated movies, but have you seen the investment commercials with the animated people? They're drawn close to real people, but they're not...that means the investment company must be some kind of fraud just like the fake people, so there's no way in hell I'm going to trust them with my money.

Soccer Mom
03-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm with ya except on 9. I looove animation.

What would I put in it's place? Sportscaster cliches.

No secret that I'm a sports fan, but there are certain phrases that should bring about double the fine of Janet Jackson's boob.

After an interception, it should be a million dollar fine to utter the words "He'd like to have that one back" in reference to the quarterback.

Other illegal phrases would include the use of "defense" as a verb. "He really defensed that well, Bob. That's exactly how you defense that sort of play." It's DEFEND you moron. He DEFENDED the play.

And don't call someone a "difference-maker." He makes a difference. He is a player who makes a difference. He is not a "difference'maker."

I could do this all day, so I'll stop now.

Whew.

Maryn
Numbers three and five are illegal in New York, and I know of businesses and individuals who've received hefty fines for noncompliance. There are also interesting heated gazebos, or awnings over the sides of office buildings where there are no windows, to accommodate smokers well away from entrances.

Maryn, hoping the legislature's working on the others

Soccer Mom
Oh, and pharmacutical commericals. Especially the ones of ED. Ew. Enough all ready.

Jersey Chick
03-07-2008, 08:43 PM
10.) Baby bumps. Let's put an end to this stupidity now. It's called pregnancy. That child in there is NOT a fu***ng 'BUMP'. Stop calling it that. How would YOU like it if someone called you a 'bump'? It's degrading and moronic. Give it up.

Can I add to this one?

Couples who say "We're pregnant." ARGH!!! Last time I checked, men DID NOT carry babies, nor did they give birth. My husband was never pregnant. WE were never pregnant. I was. Until WE share labor pains and childbirth - it's not we.

Ahem -

I also think sandals on men should be outlawed. It's creepy.

:D

Jersey Chick
03-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Oh, and pharmacutical commericals. Especially the ones of ED. Ew. Enough all ready.

Did you ever wonder WTF is up with the bathtubs in those awful commercials? I've never seen one while walking through the woods, or on the beach, or hiking in the mountains - never mind happening upon two. What is that about?

C.bronco
03-07-2008, 08:45 PM
I just got off the phone with a public agency, and the woman was rude and agressive towards me and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise even though I was the person who's side they were supposedly on.

TrainofThought
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
LOL! Someone has undie munch today. Too funny even though I fall into a few categories. I couldn’t even begin to create my piss list. It would expand a few days of posts, and then SK would have to put it on lock down. I hope your day gets better and your weekend… er… undie munch free. :D

JLCwrites
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
:roll:
Nice list... I have one more peeve to add.
Bicyclists who are determined to ride on small two-lane roads, and force you to play chicken with on-coming traffic while you steer around them. Here's a news flash... if it is between a bicyclist and an SUV, the bicyclist is gonna lose.

Soccer Mom
03-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Did you ever wonder WTF is up with the bathtubs in those awful commercials? I've never seen one while walking through the woods, or on the beach, or hiking in the mountains - never mind happening upon two. What is that about?

I'm pretty sure that if, while hiking with my cubscouts, I came upon a bathtub with two old farts gettin it on--I'd need therapy. Serious therapy.

Jersey Chick
03-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Runs away screaming, "My eyes! My eyes!"

Yep - that would be the stuff of nightmares. :D

JLCwrites
03-07-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm pretty sure that if, while hiking with my cubscouts, I came upon a bathtub with two old farts gettin it on--I'd need therapy. Serious therapy.
And so will the cubscouts.

DWSTXS
03-07-2008, 09:05 PM
We're vindictive bitches well practiced in the art of getting even, and out-doing those that irritate us. We're natural born RAID. Stupid people check in, but they don't check out!
Inky - -

I AM in touch with my feminine side - she's a lesbian

Ahem -

They are not. Except when the guy is wearing socks with them

UPDATE - -

Here's one JUST for the ladies - Guy's who wear party socks
What are 'party socks'? - When you're having sex and the guy strips down to nudity, but leaves the socks on. This is called 'going to town with party socks on'

I'll add more later - I'm all wound up.

EriRae
03-07-2008, 09:06 PM

No secret that I'm a sports fan, but there are certain phrases that should bring about double the fine of Janet Jackson's boob.

After an interception, it should be a million dollar fine to utter the words "He'd like to have that one back" in reference to the quarterback.

Other illegal phrases would include the use of "defense" as a verb. "He really defensed that well, Bob. That's exactly how you defense that sort of play." It's DEFEND you moron. He DEFENDED the play.

And don't call someone a "difference-maker." He makes a difference. He is a player who makes a difference. He is not a "difference'maker."

Whew.

Pretty much everything Joe Buck says...how about "I believe that might be a sports hernia" after ONE PLAYER got a sports hernia at the beginning of the season. And "Ooh...looks like a stinger." But...the player hit his ELBOW on another player's helmet. A stinger is when the neck is snapped to the side, stretching/snapping nerves in the arm. Hitting your funny bone does not cause a stinger.

Cranky
03-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Inky - -

I AM in touch with my feminine side - she's a lesbian

Ahem -

They are not. Except when the guy is wearing socks with them

UPDATE - -

Here's one JUST for the ladies - Guy's who wear party socks
What are 'party socks'? - When you're having sex and the guy strips down to nudity, but leaves the socks on. This is called 'going to town with party socks on'

I'll add more later - I'm all wound up.

Ahhahahahahahaha!

I've never heard it called that before. "Party socks"! *chuckles*

Patrick L
03-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Hilarious thread! I just ruined my keyboard. :D

DWSTXS
03-07-2008, 09:46 PM
coming soon:

Top 10 Things That Creep Me Out sneak peek - those creepy animitronic white-trash, talking Bass, or any other wall-mounted singing morphed out device.

Top 10 Breakfast Cereals sneak peek - Cap'n Crunch - I love this stuff, but I can't eat it anymore because it shreds the inside of my mouth like I've been eating razor blades

Top 10 Women Over 40 (that I'd do.) - sneak peek - None of these women have baby 'bumps', and none have grooming issues. (like onion-crotch)

Boogers: has every human being eaten them? I offer scientific proof that yes, we all have. Except Jesus, of course, but I have a friend that claims otherwise. (I warned him that he might be punching his ticket to hell)

rhymegirl
03-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Interesting list. I'm with ToT, if I posted a list of my pet peeves Silver King would slap me with a fish.

About the Baby bumps one. I agree with you about that. Although sometimes when it's somebody like what's her name, Nicole Ritchie? Since she was anorexic to begin with, her tummy did resemble a mere bump when she was pregnant.

But in general, no, it's not very polite to call it that. Back when my mom was having babies, I don't think you could even use the word "pregnant". She was "with child." or "in the family way".

DWSTXS
03-07-2008, 10:03 PM
addendum:

12.) Faux-hawks - These haircuts are moronic and make you look like a walking billboard for stupidity. In the words of the great George Thorogood - GET A HAIRCUT AND GET A REAL JOB!

addendum to addendum: If your faux-hawk is dyed some obnoxious color. You are a loser to the 10th power. Give it up and get your McDonalds smock on. that's the only career you are fit for. PS- I said LARGE fries, dumbass!

Inky
03-07-2008, 10:10 PM

Whew.

She's a BLOODY difference-maker.

*runs while she still can*

Craig Gosse
03-07-2008, 10:17 PM

Why REALLY drives me up a wall is this: Getting called by a computer! Happens all the time, at least to me - some automated voice asking me to 'please stay on the line' for an 'unbelievable offer!'. Well, since I'm not going to believe it anyhow, I just hang up...

Close second - calling a business and getting a computer. Hate that. If I'm calling somebody, I want to talk to a real, live person.

In self-defense, I'm thinking of conference-calling the two above, and let one computer talk to the other... but that might inadvertently cause WWIII.

'Would you like to play a game...?'

Inky
03-07-2008, 10:24 PM
coming soon:

Top 10 Things That Creep Me Out sneak peek - those creepy animitronic white-trash, talking Bass, or any other wall-mounted singing morphed out device.

Top 10 Breakfast Cereals sneak peek - Cap'n Crunch - I love this stuff, but I can't eat it anymore because it shreds the inside of my mouth like I've been eating razor blades

Top 10 Women Over 40 (that I'd do.) - sneak peek - None of these women have baby 'bumps', and none have grooming issues. (like onion-crotch)

Boogers: has every human being eaten them? I offer scientific proof that yes, we all have. Except Jesus, of course, but I have a friend that claims otherwise. (I warned him that he might be punching his ticket to hell)

Okay, I'll bite: what's onion crotch? Makes you cry 'cause you can't have it? Dunno...just guessing here....major layers of panties before you get to the...er...no, no, it's not that I know, it's just that I'm curious...in a non-touchy-feely way curious...er...NEVAH MIND!

Jersey Chick
03-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Onion crotch! :roll:

And I stand by my men wearing sandals - I've yet to see attractive man-foot. When I do, I'll rethink my stance, but until then - there oughta be a law!

What about fanny packs on men? Or on women for that matter??? :D

MoonWriter
03-07-2008, 10:36 PM
coming soon:

D - please hurry with your new top 10 lists - I'd like to read it before you stroke-out.

DWSTXS
03-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Okay, I'll bite: what's onion crotch? Makes you cry 'cause you can't have it? Dunno...just guessing here....major layers of panties before you get to the...er...no, no, it's not that I know, it's just that I'm curious...in a non-touchy-feely way curious...er...NEVAH MIND!

Onion crotch is when a women fails to hygenically cleanse herself down in the equatorial regions and it starts getting stinky. Smelling like Onion-Crotch is not a good way to introduce a man to your feminine wiles.

Also, while we're on the subject of grooming issues...some women have been known to be lax in their wipeage. (men could too, but I wouldn't find out about it)
This lacksadaisical attitude towards wiping can sometime result in PB-assage

Need more explanation? Just think of PB - Peanut Butter

There. I think you get my drift.

DWSTXS
03-07-2008, 10:50 PM
A NEW thread, on Office Party, if you guys are interested in anything I have to say, about anything.

Open, or Closed Door policy at your house?

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95213

Inky
03-07-2008, 11:09 PM
:e2thud:
I.will.never.eat.peanut.butter.AGAIN!!

Jersey Chick
03-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Blech.

WerenCole
03-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Peeve= Hoity-Toity writers and their type ten lists of peeves.:D

DWSTXS
03-08-2008, 01:23 AM
Peeve= Hoity-Toity writers and their type ten lists of peeves.:D

Hoity I'll admit to, but toity I'm not.

KikiteNeko
03-08-2008, 01:31 AM
My thoughts, for what they're worth.

#1, I never noticed this one, but I hate all commercials that come twice in one commercial break--such as AIG auto insurance, which I swear, will have three commercials in a row sometimes. I'll never use them just because of that.

#2, I never had this problem either.. The only time the person in front of me in line annoys me seems to be at the post office, when I have one envelope and the person in front of me has five questions for the cashier regarding the different types of stamps, which they aren't even buying thank you very much have a nice day.

#3, yep. They make me nervous because I swear they watch you walk into the store.

#4, I hang up too. But more than that, I get those automated "This is the second notice that your whatever is whatever so whatever." I've gotten this "second notice" at work about a thousand times. It amazes me that those people know how to use a phone, seeing as they can't count to the number THREE.

#5, Yep. I was behind a car yesterday that merged onto the highway at THIRTY MILES AN HOUR (and by the way, that onramp became a lane, so there was no merging involved). I saw they were on the phone and BEEEEEEEEPPPPEEEEED as I went around them. I have no tolerance and I have no problem letting them know. And okay, also yesterday, I was behind this guy who sat at a green light for like ten seconds just doing nothing. When I had a chance, I passed him.... he was on the phone and eating a bagel! There's a limit, people!

#6, yep. I hate talking on my own cell phone in public simply because I've seen how obnoxious it is when other people do it. If it's an important call, I excuse myself and step outside or into a bathroom.

#7, lol, random.

#8, HATE these. My walls literally SHAKE, and my poor cat is like "WHAT WAS THAT?" So annoying. I mean I'm all for blasting my stereo while I'm driving, but what's the purpose of making the ground shake?

#9, see, this is where I disagree. I'm a total anime head, and I love computer animation. I hated it at first, but I have since learned to embrace all genre of cartoon. Yay Futurama!

#10, YES! I HATE the "baby bump." You know what else I hate? The merging of celebrity names. Has America gotten so fat and lazy eating McDonalds three times a day that we can't say "Brad AND Angelina" and must resort to "Brangelina"? Actually, you know what? I hate celebrity gossip as a whole. And Angelina Jolie. I hate Angelina Jolie.

#11, I hate cigars too. I had a boyfriend who smoked them, and he was such a pretentious douchebag (by the way, we broke up when he called me a c*nt for not doing his homework for him, even though he always called me incompetent. Who wants an incompetent person doing their homework?). But you know, he can keep smokin' 'em for all I care.

DWSTXS
03-08-2008, 01:50 AM
My thoughts, for what they're worth.

#1, I never noticed this one, but I hate all commercials that come twice in one commercial break--such as AIG auto insurance, which I swear, will have three commercials in a row sometimes. I'll never use them just because of that.

#2, I never had this problem either.. The only time the person in front of me in line annoys me seems to be at the post office, when I have one envelope and the person in front of me has five questions for the cashier regarding the different types of stamps, which they aren't even buying thank you very much have a nice day.

#3, yep. They make me nervous because I swear they watch you walk into the store.

#4, I hang up too. But more than that, I get those automated "This is the second notice that your whatever is whatever so whatever." I've gotten this "second notice" at work about a thousand times. It amazes me that those people know how to use a phone, seeing as they can't count to the number THREE.

#5, Yep. I was behind a car yesterday that merged onto the highway at THIRTY MILES AN HOUR (and by the way, that onramp became a lane, so there was no merging involved). I saw they were on the phone and BEEEEEEEEPPPPEEEEED as I went around them. I have no tolerance and I have no problem letting them know. And okay, also yesterday, I was behind this guy who sat at a green light for like ten seconds just doing nothing. When I had a chance, I passed him.... he was on the phone and eating a bagel! There's a limit, people!

#6, yep. I hate talking on my own cell phone in public simply because I've seen how obnoxious it is when other people do it. If it's an important call, I excuse myself and step outside or into a bathroom.

#7, lol, random.

#8, HATE these. My walls literally SHAKE, and my poor cat is like "WHAT WAS THAT?" So annoying. I mean I'm all for blasting my stereo while I'm driving, but what's the purpose of making the ground shake?

#9, see, this is where I disagree. I'm a total anime head, and I love computer animation. I hated it at first, but I have since learned to embrace all genre of cartoon. Yay Futurama!

#10, YES! I HATE the "baby bump." You know what else I hate? The merging of celebrity names. Has America gotten so fat and lazy eating McDonalds three times a day that we can't say "Brad AND Angelina" and must resort to "Brangelina"? Actually, you know what? I hate celebrity gossip as a whole. And Angelina Jolie. I hate Angelina Jolie.

#11, I hate cigars too. I had a boyfriend who smoked them, and he was such a pretentious douchebag (by the way, we broke up when he called me a c*nt for not doing his homework for him, even though he always called me incompetent. Who wants an incompetent person doing their homework?). But you know, he can keep smokin' 'em for all I care.

I could do a huge list on just doucebags alone. Dallas is filled with these creepy thrity thousand dollar a year 'millionaires' and they all have the same S***eating grin, the overly-starched white shirts and tie flipped back over the shoulder and they all drive BMW's that cost more than their rent, and they ruin women for other men by being obnoxious, they read Robb Report yet still can't stop living with mommy and daddy ...and I could go on and on. (and I probably will one of these days)

DWSTXS
03-08-2008, 01:52 AM
By the way. Today is rant day at the DWS mothership. In case you haven't noticed.

And, since we all make our way through the world via AW, I thought I'd just as well get it off my chest here.

Shadow_Ferret
03-08-2008, 02:16 AM
Add: People who feel the need to vent about things on a forum.

DWSTXS
03-08-2008, 02:58 AM
that's what forums are for

KikiteNeko
03-08-2008, 03:24 AM
That's... what this part of the forum is for.

Add: People who feel the need to vent about things on a forum.

talps
03-08-2008, 03:44 AM
A few years ago, when my own list became similar in size to what I imagine ToT & RG are talkin' about, I had a quiet zen moment, took a deep breath, waxed on & waxed off, and suddenly the universe was okay again.

These days the only thing that pisses me off is me getting pissed off.

Just too much energy.

Silver King
03-08-2008, 03:48 AM
that's what forums are for

That's... what this part of the forum is for.
Yeah, you all can rant in Office Party all you want. It's good for the soul to share what pains us with others who offer understanding and support. And it helps to know we're not alone in what ails us.

As for the topic of this thread, I figure too many people are inconsiderate of others and won't ever change, so I usually don't allow everyday stuff to get the best of me. Well, except for when drivers don't use their turn signals. Now that really pisses me off, and I fantasize about rear-ending their asses to teach them a lesson. ;)

DWSTXS
03-08-2008, 03:58 AM
well then, I'll continue. LOL

Today at lunch, at a purveyor of the fast food, I saw a young black man, probably 15 or 16 years old. This kid was leaning over, with elbows on the counter, and his saggy-pants were completely down, right at the back of his knees. So, everyone in this restaurant could see his entire ass.
He stayed in that position, chatting with an employee, for 5-10 minutes.

He was wearing undies, and I could tell that he'd almost been in a wreck earlier, because I could see skid marks.

So, why should the public have to look at this kids ass?

I'm considering carrying darts with me from now on. Just in case I come across this again.

Jersey Chick
03-08-2008, 04:12 AM
As for the topic of this thread, I figure too many people are inconsiderate of others and won't ever change, so I usually don't allow everyday stuff to get the best of me. Well, except for when drivers don't use their turn signals. Now that really pisses me off, and I fantasize about rear-ending their asses to teach them a lesson. ;)

You mean you didn't know that turn signals are optional on some cars? At least, that's how it seems to be around here ;)

otterman
03-08-2008, 04:12 AM
I would also add pharmaceutical commercials to the list. What moron is willing to live with the possible side affects - internal bleeding, temporary loss of vision or balance, uncontrolled sexual and gambling urges, infection of the esophagus and stomach, drug dependency, etc., etc. - just to get seven hours of uninterrupted sleep?! Just watch five of these ridiculous commercials back to back (which seems to happen every freakin' night during prime time); they'll cure your insomnia! Oh, did I also mention that I hate cell phones (please see cell-phone thread to find out how much).

DWSTXS
03-08-2008, 04:15 AM
I would also add pharmaceutical commercials to the list. What moron is willing to live with the possible side affects - internal bleeding, temporary loss of vision or balance, uncontrolled sexual and gambling urges, infection of the esophagus and stomach, drug dependency, etc., etc. - just to get seven hours of uninterrupted sleep?! Just watch five of these ridiculous commercials back to back (which seems to happen every freakin' night during prime time); they'll cure your insomnia! Oh, did I also mention that I hate cell phones (please see cell-phone thread to find out how much).

I actually read your cell phone post, and I'd like to call you and talk to you about it. What's your cell # ?

otterman
03-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Don't have a cell, will never have a cell...hold on, I've got to take this call.

KikiteNeko
03-08-2008, 04:35 AM
Welcome to Connecticut: What's a Turn Signal?

You mean you didn't know that turn signals are optional on some cars? At least, that's how it seems to be around here ;)

DWSTXS
03-08-2008, 05:00 AM
Welcome to Connecticut: What's a Turn Signal?

Connecticut? Is that anywhere near Bodymore, Murderland?

Patrick L
03-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Here's one: People who go to low-dollar, quick or fast-food restaurants, and want a freaking four-star meal.

I stopped at McAlister's Deli last night on the way home. There was a nicely dressed couple, probably sixtyish, taking ten minutes of the cashier's time with their questions and demands about their food. The woman wanted to know how the potato salad was prepared, and if the spicy mustard had many seeds in it. Then they asked him to take someone else's turkey sandwich down from the little pass-through thing, open it, and show it to them, and then the man started telling the guy what differently he would like down to his sandwich.

Their meal was less than eight bucks each. I was steamed, waiting as the freaking Friday traffic built up while these two prima-donnas were acting like they were at Nobu! :rant:

DWSTXS
03-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Here's one: People who go to low-dollar, quick or fast-food restaurants, and want a freaking four-star meal.

I stopped at McAlister's Deli last night on the way home. There was a nicely dressed couple, probably sixtyish, taking ten minutes of the cashier's time with their questions and demands about their food. The woman wanted to know how the potato salad was prepared, and if the spicy mustard had many seeds in it. Then they asked him to take someone else's turkey sandwich down from the little pass-through thing, open it, and show it to them, and then the man started telling the guy what differently he would like down to his sandwich.

Their meal was less than eight bucks each. I was steamed, waiting as the freaking Friday traffic built up while these two prima-donnas were acting like they were at Nobu! :rant:

This behaviour is known as: 'Starring in their own movie'

Or, less eloquently as: "being douchebaggy"

Jersey Chick
03-08-2008, 11:46 PM

The best one so far lists nasal fungus as a side effect. Everyone, say it with me now - BLECH!!!!

EriRae
03-09-2008, 01:12 AM

Don't worry...I'm sure SOMEONE spit in their food.

EriRae
03-09-2008, 01:30 AM
I have one more pet peeve to add...and you'd be surprised how many people do this.

As some of you know, I work 3rd shift. I take the overnight calls for an insurance company. They run commercials all night long with a toll-free number. Unfortunately, they have not yet set up a 24-hour sales department. I get the sales calls. My primary objective is to service active policies, but I receive 2-1 calls for sales each night.

We receive calls on the sales line complaining about our commercials. "That would never happen.". SO WHAT. IT'S A COMMERCIAL. Do these same people call the makers of television shows, movies, other commercials, etc., etc., to let them know, "That would never happen"? WHO DOES THAT??? But I get at least one of these calls a week. Seriously. They don't want a quote, they simply want to complain that our commercial is a fabrication.

Do these same people really believe that a Ford F-150 can pull a 747 without some sort of help from said plane? Or that a Dodge truck can bust through a brick wall without any front-end damage? I suppose they'll sue the auto maker and the insurance company when they try it for themselves, find there is front end damage, and insurance won't pay b/c they deliberately ran into a wall.

DWSTXS
03-09-2008, 02:51 AM
I have one more pet peeve to add...and you'd be surprised how many people do this.

As some of you know, I work 3rd shift. I take the overnight calls for an insurance company. They run commercials all night long with a toll-free number. Unfortunately, they have not yet set up a 24-hour sales department. I get the sales calls. My primary objective is to service active policies, but I receive 2-1 calls for sales each night.

We receive calls on the sales line complaining about our commercials. "That would never happen.". SO WHAT. IT'S A COMMERCIAL. Do these same people call the makers of television shows, movies, other commercials, etc., etc., to let them know, "That would never happen"? WHO DOES THAT??? But I get at least one of these calls a week. Seriously. They don't want a quote, they simply want to complain that our commercial is a fabrication.

Do these same people really believe that a Ford F-150 can pull a 747 without some sort of help from said plane? Or that a Dodge truck can bust through a brick wall without any front-end damage? I suppose they'll sue the auto maker and the insurance company when they try it for themselves, find there is front end damage, and insurance won't pay b/c they deliberately ran into a wall.

Commercials are stupid. Period.
Praise Tivo
The man who invented Tivo should receive the Nobel.
At the minimum, he has secured a seat in heaven on the 50 yard line.

Jersey Chick
03-09-2008, 05:24 AM
In regards to the Ford truck commercials - I have to ask, is anyone ever going to have 30 bazillion tons of anything dropped into their truck bed??? And really - when will you need to pull a 747 somewhere?

Some commercials are ok - I think it takes a lot of skill to suck someone in for that small a time period - so the more memorable ones (Budweiser frogs n' lizards, Bud Lite penguins) are small works of genius. Unfortunately, they are few and far between.