Status
Not open for further replies.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
--what in the HELL are you thinking? Huh? Are the denizens of the heavens now smoking crack? Explain this to me please--how in the blazes can it be 70 degrees on Monday, snow 3 inches on Tuesday, melt on Wednesday and get replaced with ice, which melts on Thursday just in time for US TO GET A FREAKING FOOT OF SNOW TOMORROW?

Huh?

Zeus lighten up on the rules a bit did he?

Well, screw you guys. I'm going right out into my garden and kicking over my shrine. This sort of idiocy is absofrickinlutely inexcusable. I'm converting to atheism.

Phtooey.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Its been that way all winter here. Heavy snow. Warm weather. Snow melts. Bitter cold. Everything freezes. More snow. Warm weather. Melting. Freezing. Snowing. Warm. Melting Freezing. Snowing.

The paved streets look like gravel roads or something out of Beirut with all the crumbling cement, asphalt and potholes.

Aargh! That's all I can stands, I can'ts stands no more!

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmph. If it weren't for the fact that I know all too well what the South is like in August, I'd move.

lessee...100% humidity and 98% mosquitos or a foot of snow in March? Bugs? Snow? Bugs? Snow?

I'll use the time I'm snowed in to figure it out.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let us all spill beer to UllR (Norse god of snowshoes harbinger of winter) and thank him for being a most enlivening guest this winter and bid him fond farewell for the season.

Works for me every years--and we're not supposed to get hit with the snow this weekend. ;)

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
You're living in Texas? ;)

Ok, minus the snow, but we've got the yoyo effect going here, too. Crash-bang thunderstorm blowing two ways at once, as of a few minutes ago.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
LMAO!

Ummm...no. Here, again, I've been in the Lone Star State in August. I don't mind perspiring but I absolutely hate sweating and reeking of it. Texas doesn't agree with my sweat glands--or my anti-perspirant.

No, I'm in Ohio, I'm afraid. It used to be a good decision....

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
--what in the HELL are you thinking? Huh? Are the denizens of the heavens now smoking crack? Explain this to me please--how in the blazes can it be 70 degrees on Monday, snow 3 inches on Tuesday, melt on Wednesday and get replaced with ice, which melts on Thursday just in time for US TO GET A FREAKING FOOT OF SNOW TOMORROW?

Huh?

Zeus lighten up on the rules a bit did he?

Well, screw you guys. I'm going right out into my garden and kicking over my shrine. This sort of idiocy is absofrickinlutely inexcusable. I'm converting to atheism.

Phtooey.

Yes, It was 88 one day here last week (in Dallas TX) and then it snowed a couple days later, yesterday it was 68 and sunny, and right now we have big fat, fluffy falkes of snow falling and it's coming down hard.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
It's not so much the snow I object to--it's the volume. Forecast for tomorrow alone is for 6 to 10 inches with 4 to 6 more on Saturday. Freaking ridiculous.

having said that, I will allow that Texas in the springtime is very pretty...

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
LMAO!

Ummm...no. Here, again, I've been in the Lone Star State in August. I don't mind perspiring but I absolutely hate sweating and reeking of it. Texas doesn't agree with my sweat glands--or my anti-perspirant.

No, I'm in Ohio, I'm afraid. It used to be a good decision....

Yeah, I went to college in Ohio. The reason I learned to french-braid my hair - no AC in the dorms in August. And cold/snow very definitely doesn't agree with my sinuses (sick every winter).

You could come look at the pretty wildflowers just until the snow's gone. ;)

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
LOL. And then I wouldn't be able to breathe.

The hard thing for me growing up in the South (Tennessee)--seasonal allergies. Up here, the pollen doesn't seem to affect me as badly.

But let me make this perfectly clear--a couple of inches of snow is fine. I object to increments of half a foot or greater especially when my daffodils are already trying to poke through the mulch, dangit.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*gasps in horror*

Spill BEER? Not damn likely. I NEED the beer to make it through the snowstorm. If he's such a great god, he can damn well send me vodka. Then we'll see.

:D

What? You think he's going to go home while he's sober when he's having so much fun messing with you? Gimme a break.

And it's not like I suggested using GOOD beer. If you've got some Iron City beer around, he loves that slop.

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
70?? Degrees??? 88???
:cry:

it's been -20C here since I friggin arrived. I would give damn near anything for 70 for even just an hour.

This is a stop-gap for me though. As soon as I have everything sorted out, I can go wherever I want, and I WANT TO BE SOMEPLACE WARM, :Sun:and where snow shovels, block heaters and parkas are NEVER available.

THIS place looks pretty good.;)

Nassau-Paradise-Island1.jpg

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
*glumly*

The worst thing about it is, regardless of how much snow we get I'll STILL have to go to work. Close down a bar for a blizzard? Not bloody likely.

And I'm supposed to go see my dad in Tennessee on Monday. Snow removal in Ohio is a teensy bit more advanced than it is in Kentucky and Tennessee. rats.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
yeah 88 one day, snow two days later. 68 yesterday, snow today. the temp in the past 7 days has ranged from 29 to 88
This is insane.

Make up your minds, weather-gods!

And I can't get out of work because I live only 1 1/2 miles away.

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a normal week... in Calgary.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Last edited:

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Cripes, if I only had warm days to balance out the cold. We had a few rainstorms in between the dumps of snow, but they were barely warm enough to melt the snow. Tomorrow, they're predicting 15-20 cm of snow. Again.

A few miles north, they have a lot of lake effect snow and the snowbanks make it dangerous to pull out at intersections. You can't see past the snowbanks.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
And now we're upgraded to a blizzard warning. Total snowfall accumulation since 9 a.m--5 inches. 2 to 3 more before sunset. 6-8 overnight. 8-10 tomorrow. All of this accompanied by 3o mph winds, the fact that the county just announced it ran out of SALT, and expected whiteout conditions overnight.

And I STILL have to go to work. I did pour a bottle of beer on the front stoop earlier as some sort of libation to the weather gods. Now I have a pale yellow ice slick, rapidly disappearing under the big, fluffy, wind-driven flakes.

Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.