Does anyone go to Pagan festivals?

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
How often and which ones?

I attended PSG for about 19 years, then Avalon, but this year I'll probably go to a festival that's a little closer. I haven't decided yet.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I went to PSG two years ago, and had a blast. I was there with some friends I had met on AOL's message boards, and my teenage daughter. It was great fun. Of course, it rains every year despite the repeated efforts of the official PSG "weather witch."

Last year and this year, though, I've had my family vacation scheduled the same week, so I haven't been able to go. I do like to attend smaller, more local pagany things, like our local PPD in the fall, and things like Expos and other stuff. I've also been invited to be a guest speaker at the Pagan Unity Day in Charleston, SC, in September, so that will be a fun weekend.

I like networking with other pagans, but honestly, some of them are too weird to spend more than a day or two with :)

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I've seen a lot of 'weather workers' and their claims, although one year at a very early PSG we did a ritual to bring rain (there was a drought) and it POURED!

Though most of my Pagan friends here are very normal – real jobs, houses and mortgages, kids and dogs – I know what you mean about the weirdness at festivals. I figure they are just part of the local culture.

Jenan Mac

The Deadliest Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Charleston's having a Pagan Unity Day? Boy, things have changed in 6 years. Seems like just a minute ago the UU church threw the CUUPS folk out because they were just too weird for the rest of 'em. (And let me tell you, those particular CUUPS folk wouldn't have merited a second look on the Florida weird-o-meter.)

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
Yes! I've gone to Samhain, Yule festivals and Beltane, in NY. I rented space(table) and sold some books, did a few signings, it's fun.:partyguy:

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Like Sara, I'm not really in the mix around here. We briefly connected with a group when we first moved to Tennessee, but we just didn't fit. They were heavily ceremonial, which can be a great thing, but they were also VERY Wiccan, which we are not. So it was back to the normal solitary life for us. That's cool, though, because we aren't really joiners anyway.

In Orlando, we did have the opportunity to attend a Midsummer festival and it was really fun. We've also been to a few Pow-Wows with Native American friends in West Virginia. Those were really something amazing to be a part of. They didn't care a bit that we were the "white folks". We showed respect and they included us in a very welcoming way, even sharing their food. If you ever have a chance to go to a pow-wow, I highly recommend it. The thing that got me is that there was zero flamboyance. Just wonderful, down-to-earth, very spiritual people.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Had a wonderful time at a weekend pagan fest in Danbury CT many years ago, meet Ted Andrews who wrote the Animal Speak books--he's an amazing story teller. It was so nice to let the hair and the shields down and be with like-minded folks.