It's snowing in Dallas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Whooots! It's snowing here in Dallas. My car is covered with snow. I love it! I'm thrilled. Maybe they'll close the offices tomorrow. :D

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
whatever you do, don't drive. there can't be more than ten people down there who know how to drive in snow..
*snicker*

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Don't let my daughter know. She's 22 years old and has never seen snow, not even in the distance.

SmartAsh

Registered
Reaction score
It was in the 70s here today :) And I wouldn't trade that for snow EVER... of course, we see a lot more snow than you do... too much, in my opinion!

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
My favorite thing about snow in Dallas was that every other car in the ditch had a "Native Texan" bumper sticker on it.

How do I know? How do you think? I'm from Texas. I had to drive in it. (It's the law.)

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
I love snow, and I've only ever seen it about 4 times in my life.

Our weather is great. Our fire season will be officially over in 8 days. Phew! Got through a summer with no bushfires!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
We had snow today (or yesterday now) as well! This was what the park across the street from my house looked like this morning:

SP_A0007small.jpg

It was so bad earlier, looking out the library window you couldn't see the main university building's tower, which is only about a block away.

Last edited:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
That's cold. The snow melted by mid-morning and the weather warmed to a balmy 57. Weird weather, indeed.

Three nights ago we had tornado warnings.

Saturday the temp was in the low 70's.

What will the weather be like tomorrow?

Hurricane?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
We're expecting snow again tonight. This morning we had light rain. By mid-day the rain came down in sleets, and by noon the rain turned into sleet. By the time I left work we had snow flurries and wet ones...at that!

Tonight we had some more snow flurries, but then nothing.

The sky outside is a gravestone of puffy clouds and threatening, very erotic for dead of night if I was so inclined to squander over to the pool.

I'm excited.

Maybe tomorrow I can ditch work and stay at the bar across the street.

Or maybe I'll go to work and ditch my co-workers at lunch?

I have a good excuse for my absence.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'd kick you, but you're too far away!

We've had more snow this year than the last 5 combined. And tomorrow we are getting about 6 - 10 more inches. Get excited when you are lifting the crap all winter long and trying to drive in it.

I am disappointed in you, Spooky...you snow loving fool!!!!!!

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I live just a bit north of Spooky and we had a glorious 4" today (at least). Yesterday I was running the A/C in my car; Monday it snowed, and the day before that it was 78 degrees. Our poor blooming pear trees are so confused.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'd kick you, but you're too far away!

We've had more snow this year than the last 5 combined. And tomorrow we are getting about 6 - 10 more inches. Get excited when you are lifting the crap all winter long and trying to drive in it.

I am disappointed in you, Spooky...you snow loving fool!!!!!!
I used to keep my bedroom window slightly open at night until people started coming by and asking "Where's the public restroom?".

Excuse me?

Now I close the curtains and wear a shirt to bed.

Can't have no bear naked exchanges anymore. I need's me beauty sleep.

kellytijer

What the hell is going on?!
Registered
Reaction score
We're expecting snow again tonight. This morning we had light rain. By mid-day the rain came down in sleets, and by noon the rain turned into sleet. By the time I left work we had snow flurries and wet ones...at that!

There ya go, frickin' cold in Houston again tonight. We were in shorts yesterday.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I live just a bit north of Spooky and we had a glorious 4" today (at least). Yesterday I was running the A/C in my car; Monday it snowed, and the day before that it was 78 degrees. Our poor blooming pear trees are so confused.

Yup. I'm near Pat. Monday my kids wore shorts. That night, it snowed. Wednesday I wore short sleeves. Today it snowed. Gotta love Texas in spring.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
yes, the snow came down good for an hour this afternoon, in Carrollton. The question is, what will it be like in the morning?

I wish I lived more than 1 1/2 miles from work, maybe I'd have an excuse to take a day off.
:(

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Yup. I'm near Pat. Monday my kids wore shorts. That night, it snowed. Wednesday I wore short sleeves. Today it snowed. Gotta love Texas in spring.
So, Pat is near me and you're near Pat. Where does that leave Haskins?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
yes, the snow came down good for an hour this afternoon, in Carrollton. The question is, what will it be like in the morning?

I wish I lived more than 1 1/2 miles from work, maybe I'd have an excuse to take a day off.
:(
I drive close to Carollton when I'm trying to avoid the Richardson police.

Status
Not open for further replies.