Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestseller

Registered
Reaction score
Inviting folks to take a look at my website www.dressedinhisglory.com and offer comments or ideas. I started building it but then 'life' got in the way and had to stop for a while.

I welcome all constructive criticism, comments, or ideas. Thanks.

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
i guess i'm just a bit confused as to what your group wants to do. if this a church, a group that meets somewhere or a website that will have Bible Studies, sermons, things like that? with the pictures in the upper right hand of your home page, it looks like this is a school of some sort. you might want to think about clarifing who and what you are on the home page. just a thought.

kim

Vipersniper

Registered
Reaction score
Glad I stopped by.

:poke: I am glad that I stopped by to see because as part of my wanting to help my church, I want to build a website where they can find bible verses etc. And share news. I can do it on my server for free because I have a thing in which I can have five sites. They had to close down the newsletter to our church because it is a small church. So I will look at yours to get a general idea because building my first website would make a good video for America's Funniest Videos. But what I saw I liked.

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
I think that, at least in the beginning, portions of your mission statement should be on the home page. Or if you wanted to do something different, a short explanation of what your group is and what it stands for on the home page would make things clearer.

Also, I am going to take some time to tell you what happens to my eyes when I log onto the site...

As far as colors and layout, The first place my eye continuously goes to is the white space that is underneath the menu bar and that is above "From the Editor's Desk". The absolute last place my eye falls to, is the logo section at the top. I think it has to do in part with the color scheme- the yellow tones seem to draw my eye away from the other aspects of the site that are important. Also, the site is "right-side" heavy. Most of the graphics are on the right side and I think the problem may be with the "logo area". The series of pictures underneath "Dressed in his glory" are causing my eye to fall to the right side, thus causing me to miss what the name of your group is until after about 10 seconds have elapsed. I'd play with the colors and the graphic placement a little more. I would explore softer colors that go with brown that aren't as bright.

ldumont999

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.louisedumont.com
home button placement

I like the look of the site, but I agree that I'd like to have one basic statement on the home page stating the purpose of the site.

It also took me a minute to find the "home" page button when I clicked on a few other pages. You might want to put a button for "home" next to the others as well as at the top of the page.

Louise Bergmann DuMont
www.louisedumont.com
www.njcwg.blogspot.com
www.cafemochalight.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.