March: Blogchain

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
We have one of those in March right? I'd love to organize, got one simple, little problem though, I'm getting surgery next week and will be not really connected with the net from tuesday to saturday and the week after only sporadically. So, me, organizing, not the good thing.

But participating. Yes! So, I thought I start the thread, so that you people don't forget to chain :D

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
I've got the FFC going, of course, but I'm willing to head up a blogchain as long as it's not themed. I enjoy the challenge of the unthemed chain. If someone else wants to do it, please step in, but otherwise, I'm happy to do it.

And yeah, it would give me a push to get a new blog going.

mada

Getting back in the groove
Registered
Reaction score
Looks to me like we have a volunteer!

I'd be in for participating, but you don't want me organizing it, trust me!

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm in. I got my new blog up and am ready to go. In general, this is how things will go --

1. This will be a blog CHAIN. That means that each post will be connected in some way to the post before and after it. To participate you read the post that comes before yours, find some aspect of it that you feel connected to in some way, and then write a post in your blog that relates to the previous post. Then the next person will come along and everybody will be linked in some way. There is NO THEME, just links in a chain. This kind of blogchain is lots of fun and can go anywhere and it's always interesting.

2. The number of blogs will be limited to a dozen. Sign-up in this thread and I'll add you to this post on a first come first served basis. The sign-up period begins now and will last until a week from today on the 9th at 7 PM US Eastern Standard Time or until we hit twelve. Please make sure the name of your blog with its relevant link is included in your sign-up post. Don't just indicate that which is in your signature, please. Humor me about this.

3. You MUST COMMENT on each person's entry in the blogchain. Seriously. It's incredibly rude to not do this. I recommend doing it as soon as each person posts so keeping up is not an issue.

4. If you don't like your placement in the final order, please let me know. I'll try to accomodate everyone's needs, but there ought to be enough time so no one is too rushed.

5. The beginning date will be Wednesday the 12th and I'd like the chain to be completed over two weeks' time, by the 26th so we have time to comment before April begins. Speed is nice, but writing something relevant and well is better. We'll be linking to the last post in the February blogchain. Please do NOT begin before everyone is finalized and in their preferred order as people may need to switch positions from the order in which they sign up.

Other things to know --

Your post must have a list of every blogger's blog and link and the technorati tag awchain at the end of it. I'll provide the code for this in this thread once everyone's signed up :eek: (or begging for help with same) and when everyone's done you'll need to update that list with everyone's direct link to their blogchain post. I'll have that ready too. I'm anal that way.

When your post is LIVE!, post your permalink to it in this thread to let everyone know. Also you will need to PM the next person in the chain to let them know you're done.

I think that's about it. Holler if I've forgotten anything or if you have questions.

NOTE: PLEASE REFER TO THE ORDER IN THIS POST so you can get the right nicknames for PMing.

1. Spontaneous Derivation

2. Fantastical Imagination

3. For the First Time

4. Virtual Wordsmith

5. Polyspace

6. My Life, You're Welcome to It

7. Polenth's Quill

8. Food History

9. Spittin' (out words) Like a Llama

10. Fresh Hell

11. SLAKE

12. Secret Government EGGO Project

13. Forbidden Snowflake

14. Virginia Lee's Vagaries

Last edited:

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is Polyspace, and the address is Polyspace.wordpress.com

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
Hurrah for Gillian! :banana:

ForbiddenSnowflake and mada/Heather, I need you to confirm you want to play, please. I prefer not to make assumptions.

Also, if we get the list filled before the 9th, please let me know if you are willing to begin sooner rather than later. And holler if you have a placement preference on the list, please. As of now, my plan is to toss everyone's name into a bowl and have my roomie take them out one at a time.

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Polenth. I'm out of practice. I'll fix that right away and add you to the list.

Welcome! :D

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
I'm game for this. I'll be using rlfantasticalimagination.wordpress.com[/url] this time around. I'd prefer to be towards the beginning, just not the first in the chain. I'm going on a long weekend to SF at the end of March and prefer not to cram the writing in then.

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
Yay DonnaDuck! ! ! :hooray:

MTNester, WELCOME! :hi:

ColbyMarshall1, as I stated in the post with the rules for this blogchain, there isn't a theme because I don't like to play in themed chains and I'm running this one. Go have a gander at the post again and let me know if you still want to play. I have a placeholder in for you, so the space is yours if you want it. Okay? ;) I hope you do! :D

I'll tell you what, folks. Since the sign-up is going so well, if we have 12 bloggers by Wednesday or sooner, I'll open this blogchain up to 3 more people which will bring us to 15 and that's it. Any more than that is unwieldy.

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
Heehee. Oh the insanity!

V, if you could bump me up a bit on the list, I would appreciate it. I know WildScribe didn't mind which place she started so if it's with her, I'd like to switch. Or, what would be even better, switching with one of the question marked people in slot 2 or 3 if that's ok.

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
DD sweetie, the list isn't in order yet. It's just a sign-up list for now. I'll have you at #2 when the final list is up, okay? I'll fix it in the rules post when we are good to go.

In fact, if someone wants to go first, they need to holler at me. Otherwise it's going to be the person whose name gets pulled out of the bowl first.

I didn't state it in the rules thread, but the first poster in the March chain will refer to the last post in the February chain, thus linking the two chains.

Anything else folks are wondering about? I'm sure I've forgotten other things too . . .

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, mada and Forbidden Snowflake have been officially added to the chain and I'm waiting for colbymarshall1 to say yea or nay.

DonnaDuck's asked to be second and Forbidden Snowflake's asked to be near the end and they'll be placed accordingly. I'd just as soon go last to wrap things up if no one minds. If someone will volunteer to go first so I don't have to pick #1 out of a bowl, I'll be your new best friend. Really. I will. I WILL! :D

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
No worries, hon. And if I may be so bold, I ADORE YOUR BIG ORANGE KITTY! ! ! :D

(I lurves me some orange kitties, I do.) :e2cat:

And then there were TEN . . .

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you'll be connecting to the end of the February chain which did have a theme, so you could look at it that way, AJ. And :e2cheer: THANK YOU for volunteering to go first! Yay! :hooray:

Okay blogchain gang, the order is getting set now. I tossed out the bowl and began plugging in the preferences and the above is what I have so far. Holler if you're terribly unhappy. I'll do my best to satisfy you. :eek:

Last edited: