PDA

View Full Version : Who Makes You Laugh?

rhymegirl
03-23-2005, 11:10 PM
I need laughs, people!!! My blood pressure is too high. I read something that said watching funny movies, shows, is good for keeping the blood circulating through your veins. Sad movies supposedly do the opposite.

So, here's the question: Which comedian, comic, or person makes you laugh the most????

shugar
03-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Saturday Night Live. I wonder if they have the SNL Collection or something like that.

Sarita
03-23-2005, 11:29 PM
I really like early SNL, like Steve Martin and Dan Akroyd doing 2 Wild and CRAAAAZY GUYS. And I love Gilda and Jane, "Jane, you ignorant slut!" and "What, you want to make Cuba a STEAK? Why would you want to do that???... Nevermind."

Here's a joke for you Kate, my sister just sent this to me.

A visiting minister waxed eloquent during the offertory prayer. "Dear
Lord," he began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on
his upturned face. "Without you we are but dust. . "

He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter (who
was listening!) leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill
little girl voice, "Mom, what is butt dust?"

BradyH1861
03-23-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm the funniest person I ever met.

:D

Brady H.

rhymegirl
03-23-2005, 11:34 PM
:roll: :roll:

That's a good one, Sara. Thanks! Can't get away from butts and buttocks, can we?

Sarita
03-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Can't get away from butts and buttocks, can we?

It's like they're always lurking behind us...

:D

aka eraser
03-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Me, when I catch glimpse of myself nekkid.

rhymegirl
03-23-2005, 11:53 PM
Really, Frank? Then why did you take your pants off in that other thread?

tfdswift
03-24-2005, 12:07 AM
My two favorites are Tim Allen and Jim Carey -- Can't go wrong with them.

~~Tammy

awatkins
03-24-2005, 12:18 AM
You guys make me laugh! :ROFL:

Moondancer
03-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Sandra Bullock because she does it so naturally.

maestrowork
03-24-2005, 12:23 AM
Me, when I catch glimpse of myself nekkid.

Must have been those two blobs.

Me 2. Works every time.

rhymegirl
03-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Yes, I think I'd have to go with Jim Carrey as the one who makes me laugh the most. Those faces he makes. Can you imagine living with him? My stomach would be exploding from all the laughing. I was just watching Liar, Liar recently for the umpteenth time and oh my goodness....I just couldn't stop laughing.

Also saw Little Black Book recently. It's not a Jim Carrey movie, but it's really funny.

Sarita
03-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Can you imagine living with him?.

My brother looks like him, with those crazy, straight, white teeth, and he can do the faces to a certain extent. It was hard on the funny bone growing up with him.

rich
03-24-2005, 12:39 AM
Oddest humor turn-on for me was Bob and Ray playing ping-pong on two different TV channels. A little cannabis helped.

I like my tickle-bones masssaged by extremes--either surprise slapstick or humor so subtle that it would take an intercourse between a Zen master and George Bush to pull it off.

rhymegirl
03-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Speaking of George Bush, (must we?), my youngest son, Ben does a very good Bush imitation. He also does Sean Connery, Mickey from the Rocky movies, and some wrestlers. Always good for cracking me up.

Maryn
03-24-2005, 01:31 AM
John Stewart's straight-faced delivery of the 'news'--very tongue-in-cheek news--especially clips of political types directly contradicting themselves.

(His book America is a riot, IMO.)

Maryn

shugar
03-24-2005, 01:39 AM
Anyone ever watch Keith Floyd, the cooking guy and author? He usually has a glass of wine during the show, sometimes by the end of the show.. he's slurring his words. Pretty funny .. for a cooking show. Note the little glass of wine after his signature at the link. http://www.keithfloyd.co.uk/intro.html

I really like those blooper shows on newscasters and reporters :D

Just searched the 'net to find one of my fave 'movies'.. it's a news spoof titled
"News Report from Iraq"... you'll have to scroll down almost 1/4 from the bottom...I see tons of other movies there too.....hmmm......

http://gprime.net/video/

Poppy
03-24-2005, 01:53 AM
I love Robin Williams in almost every movie he's been in, especially Patch Adams.

I love Jim Carrey too. Liar, Liar is one of my favorites of his.

Musically speaking, I love Weird Al Yankovic.

Linoge
03-24-2005, 01:59 AM
If you want laughter in the form of stand-up comedy, look no further than George Carlin, Robin Williams, and Mitch Hedberg.

I love those guys.

And for shows? Whose Line Is It Anyway? is my favorite. Ever.

Fractured_Chaos
03-24-2005, 02:08 AM
Who's Line is it Anyway slays me. I -hurt- by the time the show is over. Robin Williams, every time!

But who makes me laugh the most? My fiance. His dry, sarcastic sense of humour is very similar to mine. We can make jokes no one else gets, and be rolling.

Poppy
03-24-2005, 02:15 AM
OH, I love Whose Line Is It Anyway too. How could I forget to mention it?

I love Scenes from a Hat, Questions Only, Hoedown, Scene to Rap, Props, and a whole bunch of other stuff they do on there.

rhymegirl
03-24-2005, 02:27 AM
Whose Line is great! I agree totally. I, too, laugh my brains out. You know people are truly funny if they can BE funny without a script. We do some of those skits in my house. What's that one 3-headed opera, musical?

Poppy
03-24-2005, 02:36 AM
Three-Headed Broadway Star, I think it's called.

We played the Superheroes game at a party once. My brother was Professor Pees-a-Lot because he does go to the bathroom a lot. A friend of mine was Doctor Divorce (because he's had a few). I was Red Lantern. hehehe

lucyishome
03-24-2005, 02:43 AM
My husband makes me laugh pretty hard. But if it had to be a celebrity I would say Ellen DeGeneres makes me laugh a lot.

Anne

Sarita
03-24-2005, 02:48 AM
The prizes thread is cracking me up!

ChunkyC
03-24-2005, 02:58 AM
Robin Williams
Tim Allen
George Carlin
Richard Pryor
Jim Carrey
Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller in Starsky & Hutch
Jackie Chan
Monty Python's Flying Circus TV series, plus:

The Holy Grail
The Life of Brian
The Meaning of Life
Kids in the Hall
Andy Rooney (in print)
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
George W. Bush trying to pronounce 'nuclear.'
Gallagher (the sledge-o-matic guy)
Howie Mandel
Rita Rudner
The Far Side
Calvin & Hobbes
My mom, rest her soul

maestrowork
03-24-2005, 03:09 AM
The Simpsons
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
George Carlin
Improv/Skit theater
Punk'd
Mad TV
The Kids in the Hall
Monty Python
Calvin & Hobbes, Zits, The Far Side, Baby Blues
South Park the movie
Curb Your Enthusiasm

awatkins
03-24-2005, 03:22 AM
There's a girl on Mad TV who is simply hilarious. Shoot, I can't think of her name, but she does a great job portraying Anna Nicole. She's so talented! Just thinking about her makes me laugh. :D

rhymegirl
03-24-2005, 04:09 AM
Yes, I love that, too. Bush trying to say nu-cu-lar! My son can do his laugh, too. Cracks me up.

I forgot to mention that my son does a great Jimmy Stewart imitation, too. He does George Bailey in It's A Wonderful Life. "Oh, Maaaarry, Maaarry."

WVWriterGirl
03-24-2005, 05:49 AM
I like the "country comics" - my favorite is Bill Engvall, but I like Ron White and Jeff Foxworthy, too. But let's get rid of Larry the Cable Guy, shall we?

Aside from Blue Collar Comedy Tour, I'm seconding most of the lists above...love both British and American versions of Whose Line, and like the bloopers shows, too. My all-time favorite comedy show, though, without a doubt, is Absolutely Fabulous. I sooooo miss it.

WVWG

sgtsdaughter
03-24-2005, 06:01 AM
well aside from that i crack myself up everyday . . .

David Sedaris
South Park
The Daily Show (always a hoot)

putting highly obnoxious ringers on my cell phone, so that when i am on the train and someone won't shut up on thier phone i can randomly play them (at full volume of course). :ROFL:

and talking to my favorite cousin or my dad in public . . . the looks and stares that i get are truely amusing. all of us have dirty minds, and my friends can't believe i say the things that i do to my dad, or him to me, and that my cousin and i talk so candidly and blatently to one another. the hook--that the conversations are on my cell, so surrounding folks can only hear my end of the conversation. but do remember, i only have these conversations around friends--just to get a reaction because they are always worth the laughs.

sthrnwriter
03-24-2005, 07:02 AM
Most of my favorite comics have already been listed, Robin Williams, Jim Carey, Jeff Foxworthy, but I also like John Leguizomo, Chris Rock, Steve Harvey, George Lopez, and Monique

Rob-rite
03-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Mmm, most have been mentioned -- The Simpsons (esp. Homer), Southpark, a young Jerry Lewis, Jim Carrey. Two Brits some may have heard of: Eddie Izzard and Peter Kay. The late Douglas Adams - authur.

Oh and this is quite funny:

http://www.filmbuffs.net/bananana/

And so catchy! :banana:

Betty W01
03-24-2005, 09:04 PM
My husband and both of my brothers (to a magnitude of 10 when all three are together)
My kids, together or singly (when they aren't making me crazy...)
Robin Williams
Jeff Foxworthy
Bill Engvald
Red Green
Jonathan Winters
John Cleise (sp?) esp. in the Fawlty Towers show (the "bat up your nightdress" treat to the annoying lady makes me laugh out loud every time - JC is a hoot!)
House (yes, the TV show - I watched it for the first time last night and it was funny!)
many of my AW buddies (FOL, y'all know who you are)

William Haskins
03-24-2005, 09:25 PM
kidney stones, hangnails, small animals with their fur dyed, people with fresh haircuts, the sound a washing machine makes when it goes into spin cycle, pine cones, religion, the sheer misery of a flight attendant handing out food trays, the word "penis", the futility of life, overweight insects, businessmen who flip their neckties over their shoulder while they eat lunch, jabbing a pencil in my ear, jabbing pencils in others' ears, dogs with double chins, the mad scream of a chainsaw engaging, the color 'burnt umber'.

Paint
03-25-2005, 12:42 AM
Okay William H. I had to go to your website after your last post. I read the poem "Art is a Whore." Totally agreed by the way. I'll go back for more. It's a good site. When are you having a contest? Would be fun. I read your entry too. It looks like a winner (but I have an entry too, so we'll see) I kept seeing 'Love' when I read it.

ANYWAY, somebody remember Benny Hill?
I thought he was hysterical! I like Brit Humor.
Blue Collar tour made me grateful I hadn't eaten before seeing it. I would have thrown up I laughed so hard.
Robin Williams last HBO special where he played the guy having a colonoscopy. No one can reduce me to tears like Robin Williams. Unless it is Robin Williams, Billy Crystal and Whoopee.

Oh yeah, I have a funny kid too. He does Samari Wrestler, and Rap dancer. Anything where he jiggles his belly fat sends me back to his age and we laugh like crazy. :Jaw: Just wanted to use that smiley...
Paint

jdkiggins
03-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Robin Williams
Richard Pryor
Stephen King in some of his novels.
Sherryl Woods in some of her romances.
Some of the off the wall comments on CSI.

jdkiggins
03-25-2005, 01:16 AM
The old guy who fell off his tricycle on Laugh In.

allion
03-25-2005, 07:18 AM
National Lampoon's Animal House (always, always cheers me up)

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - "It's only a model."

The Mask

Old SNL stuff (love ya, Gilda)

New SNL stuff when they parody Jeopardy with Sean Connery - "The game's afoot, Trebek."

South Park

Family Guy

King of the Hill

Simpsons with Sideshow Bob - the Cape Fear one is a classic

Seinfeld

The Office (the British one - Ricky Gervais is brilliant)

The Daily Show - "Mess-o-potamia!"

Frasier

Karen

Rob-rite
03-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Frasier yes! I forgot about that. Plus (it's also been mentioned) Monty Python...

JenNipps
03-25-2005, 09:25 PM
I need laughs, people!!! My blood pressure is too high. I read something that said watching funny movies, shows, is good for keeping the blood circulating through your veins. Sad movies supposedly do the opposite.

So, here's the question: Which comedian, comic, or person makes you laugh the most????

Hmmm.... My first answers won't help your blood pressure. My brother makes me laugh. He is hilarious. I told him the other day that he'd be a good stand-up comedian. I was riding in his pickup with him and he made me laugh for almost 20 minutes straight.

My mom makes me laugh, too. But she's not funny in the same way my brother is.

As far as comedians on TV, Comedy Central has been showing Bill Ingvall (sp?) and Jeff Foxworthy. I've even found myself watching and laughing at the Blue Collar Comedy show they've been having on. Though the first time I hear Larry the Cable Guy say "Get 'er done," I turn the channel.

"Who's Line Is It Anyway" rarely fails to make me laugh.

rhymegirl
03-26-2005, 12:26 AM
My sister, Rose. She tells REALLY funny stories. Sunday night she told one about a mouse running around her apartment, trying to catch it, screaming, jumping on top of a bed to get away from it, trying to capture it inside a shoe. Just too funny. :roll:

Renee
03-26-2005, 08:59 AM
I'd have to say Jim Carrey, Chris Farley, Chevy Chase, John Candy..Those are some of the funniest comedians ever!

I love, SNL!

A few people around here cheer me up!