PDA

View Full Version : Chinese baby adoptions -- any adoptive parents here?

Plot Device
03-01-2008, 06:47 AM
I am beginning a new movie script involving an American couple that adopts several Chinese baby girls over the years. The script takes place almost exclusively in China, and I have never been there.

Anyone out there who:

1) Is such a parent?
2) Went to China to do the adoption?
3) Has gone back to China with their children for vacations?

And can you maybe direct me to a cool and active specialty web site where I can talk to other Chinese baby adoption parents?

Thanks! :)

Pat~
03-01-2008, 06:54 AM
PD, I'm not, but my sister is. She and her husband did all the above, and I am the proud aunt of a beautiful (now teenage) Chinese gal named Anna.

They went back to China 2 years ago--actually were able to get a letter from the birth mother for Anna from the agency. Not only that, but my sister's other (older) adopted American daughter decided that she loves China so much she wants to go back and live/work there after college. (She's a freshman; spent several weeks there last summer, and will this summer, too.)

I'll check with my sister about a website...(there was a group of them from Chicago that went over together to adopt from China. They still get together regularly.)

Plot Device
03-02-2008, 12:12 AM
That's great, Pat. Thank you! :)